2nd Trimester

14 weeks going on 15 but have a question

Hello ladies,

This is my first time pregnant and I just turned 14 weeks pregnant Saturday, however i have a few questions. I am feeling a few aches and pains in my stomach and right underneath my growing belly, but do not feel like there is anything wrong with my little one. I do feel like going to the bathroom every few hours and have to constantly adjust my positioIs whether its sitting or laying down due to feeling a bit uncomfortable. I am wondering is this normal? Is the baby doing just fine and the pain is due to stretching? and my last question has anyone else gone through this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 14 weeks going on 15 but have a question

• Totally normal.  If you ever wonder about something though, put a call into your OB's office.  There should be a nurse there that can answer questions for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sounds like Round Ligament Pain.  If you google it I bet it will sound really familiar.  Just aches and pains as you're growing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally normal. I second the round ligament pains. They can get pretty intense sometimes. During my work day I'm on my feet and then for the last 3 hours sittting down and that's when it really hits. Everytime I stand it hurts!!
  • I think it's normal :) I'm sure it's just everything shifting and growing!

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • Every other day I have some form of "stretching" or pain associated with the pregnancy in my stomach/hip area. Some days it's like growing pains in my hips, other days it feels like a dull ache at some point in my stomach-so I think it's normal! I mentioned it today at my 16 weeks and he said it's just my stomach stretching-i've recently starting sporting a little bump that doesn't go away with good posture so it makes sense. We're growing with our growing babies-seems we should have growing pains too!
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Yep I'd say almost everyone judging by all the posts about it on here lol. Myself included. Totally normal and nothing to worry about.
  • It's totally normal. Round ligament pain. The next several months of your pregnancy are going to be FILLED with weird twinges, pain, cramps, and discomforts. :/https://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-round-ligament-pain
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Totally normal, but scary - I understand! I've found that keeping my potassium levels up with bananas and Special K really helps. For now, anyway.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My advice to you is to get ready for LOTS of random aches and pains! You'll have a LOT of them over the next several months. The typical rule of thumb is that you're fine unless:

1. Pains bring bleeding; brown discharge is usually fine, as it's old blood, but put your feet up and drink lots of water. If it's pink, call your DR right away.

2. You get regular pains 5-6 times an hour and they don't stop after you put your feet up and drink water. Oftentimes, the pain (especially this early) is your body saying it needs fluids.

RLP (round ligament pain) can be like nothing, but it can hurt a LOT. Just be prepared for these and you'll be fine. :)  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Thank you ladies. I have a lot of questions and get paranoid every now and then that my little one is not doing ok. But I dont feel like anything is wrong with my baby so im sure he/she is alright. I just get a little concerned sometimes since this is my first pregnancy and I truly dont know what to expect. Your advice really does help and helps put some of my concerns at ease. Thank you ladies I do appreciate your advice and help.

St 

• My first child I didnt get much of that this one I do. Doctor said its your uterus making room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"