October 2012 Moms

Clicky poll - bump size and comments

Vote for your current size, or if you've had your baby, the largest you got.[Poll]
DD 9/15/12

Re: Clicky poll - bump size and comments

• They don't comment on the size of the bump just on how low it is...and to think baby hasn't dropped yet (not engaged in birth canal) ...when he does my bump will be down to my knees haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • No one really said crap to me beyond "you look great!" and that sort of thing. I think I looked average. I always wonder about all these strangers commenting threads. Who are these people making these comments???
    DD 9/15/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I've been getting twin comments and the like since about 27 weeks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I said small, everyone seems completely shocked when I tell them my due date is October 2. I had food delivered to my house this past weekend and the delivery guy asked if I was having a Thanksgiving baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I get big comments all the time. Cashier at my office cafeteria tried to play the "let's guess your weight" game yesterday. I was sincerely offended. Granted, I AM big. I started showing much earlier than I thought I would. But I'm all well 85 baby and I was slender/average before getting pregnant.
  • It's weird how when you have something in common with someone, even if they don't know you, they will try to start up a conversation.  Ex. when we take our dog anywhere, we ALWAYS have someone talk to us about dogs.  My BIL has blindingly bright orange hair, and he said people always come up to him and talk about how some person they know has the same color hair.  It's funny.

Anyway, I don't usually get comments, just people asking me when I am due.  When I say next month, people always seem surprised and tell me that I am small.  I have had one person say "You're going to have a BIG baby", to which DH and I laughed, because I've never gotten any comments like that before.  

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Hmm...people comment on how well I am carrying, because it definitely just looks like I have a basketball in front, and my arms and legs are still pretty thin.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • People keep telling me I'm too small (including a few randoms when they've asked how far along I am). I'm barely 5'2'' and my hubby is 5'8'', it's not like we're going to have a huge baby... yes, my bump is small, but so is our baby!
  • Im sick of everyone telling me my bump is small. I feel huge.
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • I've been getting the "when's that baby due again?" comments from colleagues. My response of late October gets a "oh you poor thing" or "oh that long still?".
  • I actually got asked at work the other day why I was still working. I get the "oh you poor thing" all the time, and someone told me the other day, 5 weeks, there's no way you'll make it! I measured 2 weeks ahead with DS and am measuring right on track with this one, so I don't think I'm THAT big.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh I'm always being asked if I'm ready for her to just get here and people are surprised I still have 5 weeks. It's annoying! I'm like yeah I want her here now, but I'd really prefer her to keep baking at least 2 more weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageCraftyKayla:
    Im sick of everyone telling me my bump is small. I feel huge.

I get this. Drives me nuts too. The other day a woman I know asked how much I've gained; hate that question too! "I've gained what I should"
  • I voted for people Saying I'm too small, but really that is only strangers or people at work I don't see often. My family and friends say things like, "what is happening to you!" I think it's because they are amazed at how big I've gotten in the last few weeks. I don't care much either way. I just know I feel huge. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageRochell:
    They don't comment on the size of the bump just on how low it is...and to think baby hasn't dropped yet (not engaged in birth canal) ...when he does my bump will be down to my knees haha
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imageRochell:
    They don't comment on the size of the bump just on how low it is...and to think baby hasn't dropped yet (not engaged in birth canal) ...when he does my bump will be down to my knees haha
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imagequeenie521:
    Yeah, I've been getting twin comments and the like since about 27 weeks.nbsp;

Yup. Same here. Fun times. Lol
  • imageRochell:
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I am 5'0 (and really petite, so it alllll shows) and have a big baby bump...always do. People say nice things but the worst was just recently received (in my daughter's K class)...I am really low (38.5 days now) and this woman asked how much longer...I told her 3 weeks at the time. She said, "Oh you look miserable." I thought...wow, I was feeling great. Thanks! LOL.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I'm only 5'1" so baby is all out front and I get the "big" or "due any day" comments all the time. I just laugh and say my first was 8lbs 2nd so I obviously grow full sized bowling balls.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • imagebadkitty2012:
    I'm only 5'1" so baby is all out front and I get the "big" or "due any day" comments all the time. I just laugh and say my first was 8lbs 2nd so I obviously grow full sized bowling balls.
    Not sure why TB keeps kicking my posts in before I send...but ya, me too. My boy was 8.1! Lol. My girl was 6.12 so who knows where this one will measure:)
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • People laugh when they see me and say something like, it looks like your faking it and just have a huge basketball under your shirt. I try to take it as a complement. I figure it must mean I'm not gaining much weight elsewhere and that makes me happy.

• today a woman told me i looked "compact".

• I didn't vote because I get both comments (well, the first two). The old ladies usually go on and on about how huge I am and how my baby is going to be freaking enormous (thanks grandmas), but younger women usually comment that I don't look that big for 38 weeks. It's disconcerting. I always respond the same, though: "I feel pretty huge!"
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ALl my butt and arm fat got sucked up by the baby, so people are always asking me how much do I weigh. I too look like I have a basketball in my stomach. in fact, at a staff meeting today, my coworkers were going on and on about how i've been losing weight while pregnant. That's not technically true.. it's just that my weight has sort of switched over to my stomach. It's annoying to be told I'm small OR I'm big. people can't decide.
  • imageCraftyKayla:
    Im sick of everyone telling me my bump is small. I feel huge.
    This!
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I've been getting a whole lot of "you must be having a boy, you're all belly!" That's really nice to hear, but I'm glad no one ever told me the flipside when I was pregnant with DD.
    imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • People can't believe that I'm due in about four weeks. It always makes me a little sad but I know we are right on target! They tell me I look about five months along and I just tell them that doc says everything looks good. And I say, "Trust me. We've gained enough weight to be this far along!" I'm nearing 30 pounds in this pregnancy and I wasn't a small person to begin with so I don't know why I don't look bigger to other people. I feel huge to myself!
  • Pretty much everyone (stranger, family, friends) say I look big. With this one I've been carrying lower and way in front so I'm chalking it up to that. Doesn't feel great though when a complete stranger comes up to you and asks if you're having twins Confused
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"