October 2012 Moms

Lurkers time to come out!

In honor of the UO today.

It's time for all the lurkers to come out. Post your intro here, then continue posting. We are a bunch of nice ladies and we don't bite.

I use to be one of these lurkers when I was PG with DS and even after I had him. Then I got into a group of women on the 6 to 9 month board and finally started posting a little more. Those ladies started a FB group and I'm happy to say even though most of them are no longer on TB, there are almost 70 still active in the FB group 2 years later!
boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lurkers time to come out!

• TB needs a like button.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • imageellcore:
    TB needs a like button.

I agree! I lurked on TTGP for a few months and slowly started to post there. I am really happy I got my BFP and decided from day one to be more active here. The ladies are awesome and it does feel like an online family now.

Lurkers come out.....  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Better late then never... I have been on the bump for almost 2 years now. I used to post occasionally in ttgp. Since we conceived, I have been an occasional lurker. Lately, I've been lurking daily. 

I am 37 weeks today. We are expecting a little girl- due 10/11/12. This will be our first and dh and I are very excited. It took us a little longer than we had hoped (tttc), but we finally made it and soon we will be holding our little one. 

• I feel like I need to post on this just because I've been so busy lately I've missed out on so much!  I've been scrolling through so many posts and my mind is blown that I've missed so many births!  I agree that everyone here is really nice and supportive and I miss checking the boards everyday :)
  • imagemayaruth81:
    I feel like I need to post on this just because I've been so busy lately I've missed out on so much!nbsp; I've been scrolling through so many posts and my mind is blown that I've missed so many births!nbsp; I agree that everyone here is really nice and supportive and I miss checking the boards everyday :

You're not a lurker! I'm even on the mobile site, so I can't see your siggy, but I know your username. That's saying something as I can't remember names, ever!
  • MAJOR LURKER HERE! 

I introduced myself in the beginning and on a very rare occasion reply to a post. I'm a little bit more active on the high risk board.

Here's a rundown of me:

Pregnant with DS 2, due on 10.29, "technically" have GD ( I have challenges with my fasting numbers), getting p17 shots due to DS1 being born at 33 weeks and couldn't figure out how to get the bulleted list to work on my iPad. Sorry.

I pretty much read all of the posts, including the UO from today.

I'll try to be more active because I do want to share my birth story and I don't want to come off as a weirdo AW.

• I mostly lurk. I'd like to post more, but I might be a bit shy. I'm the kid in class that has an opinion but rarely raises my hand, sadly. I'm a SAHM and have been around here since I was pregnant with DS. I'm 36ish weeks and hoping for an uneventful home birth.

Crazy to think we will all have babies in our arms in the next couple weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I suppose I fall into that category since I lurk more than I post and am a bit of a sporadic poster. I've introed before but it's been awhile and I haven't posted regularly in between. I'm 38 weeks today due with a little boy on 10/4. I'm 31 going to be 32 in November and DH is 30. This is our first and we have 2 furbabies. This baby is hopefully our rainbow baby. I have had 3 pregnancies prior to this that ended in early miscarriage.

I can't wait for LO to be born but it's still a bit surreal and hard to believe that it's so close.  

• I intro'd a while ago and I've started posting a bit more but I'm probably still considered a lurker so I'll do it again.

FTM due 10/3 but being induced next Wednesday at 39 weeks due to high blood pressure plus a blood clotting disorder that has required me to be on blood thinners throughout the entire pregnancy plus 6 weeks pp.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think I lurk. Do I lurk? I comment on every single post in my mind and I honestly don't know what I physically post on in real life. So I have no idea if I qualify as a lurker. I don't think I do...but then again I thought with only a couple weeks left all the lurkers had come out by now.
  • Not sure if I am considered a lurker or not. I posted an intro back in first tri and then totally lurked during the second tri. I've been more active now that we are in the third tri, and feel like I have something to add now. I feel like with under 200 posts, power user bumpies would totally say I'm a lurker.

Brief Re intro: 2yo daughter that cracks me up on a daily basis. Due with DD2 Oct 17th. DH is a police officer and occasionally a total pain in my butt, and I am a SHAM after 12 years as an HR Director. We live in FL VERY near the ILs and all of my family is out of state. Oh and I hide all the chocolate, usually just a dark chocolate bar, in the house in the freezer so I don't have to share.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • I am a FTM, joined the bump around March but with going to school full time and working I didn't get on here much. Now that I'm only working I have been on here multiple times a day. I'm the type of person to sit back and learn, especially since this is my first pregnancy, but I try and comment on things that I do know.

My EDD is 10/9 and we are having a boy who will be named Collin Philip. Pregnancy has been pretty normal besides having platelets a little under the norm.
  • Im not really a lurker more of a drive by poster! Im due 9/30, but my original edd was 10/6. I stayed with it because i still think i might make it to october!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • hello everyone! ::stands up:: my screen name is twiggyplusone and I'm a lurker. ;) I'm a FTM and my EDD is 10/25. I used to work full time in the hospitality industry until 28 weeks when I was diagnosed with IUGR (my little girl has fluctuated between the 8th and 5th percentile since then) and have been on modified bed rest since then. The transition from working 80+ hours to literally only being allowed to go to the grocery store once a week has been rough but I'm trying to enjoy the rest while I have it before DD arrives. Speaking of which, unless I go into labor on my own, my doc will induce me around 38-39 weeks. I'm nervous as can be because not only is this my first child but 90% of my family lives in my hometown and most of them in the same neighborhood, so I'm kind of the first to do this away from everyone (I live about 13 hours away). But I have a wonderful fiance and, oddly enough, really great in-laws who live an hour away from us. Soooo that's what's going on with me, just anxious for a healthy weight baby and waiting patiently for the new season of Game of Thrones. At least one of these will happen soon! :P
  • Not really sure if I count as a lurker but since I have under 200 posts maybe I do.  I don't know if anyone remembers me but I posted about  my LO having a couple congenital heart defects.  Because of his heart defects it was hard for me to really accept his condition and have been scared about what the future holds for him so I have not posted much. I have finally started feeling hopeful like we are going to get him better and he will be a fighter. I definately plan on trying to be more active on this board. Thanks to everyone who has given me support knowingly or not over these difficult months!

• Hello everyone, I am definitely a lurker! I have been enjoying this board for the past couple of months but have never posted until now. Thanks everyone for the great discussions!

My husband and I are very happy to be expecting our first (a girl!) Oct 2nd though now that I've hit the 38 week mark I am ready to meet her anytime... as soon as she is ready!

I had some bad first trimester sickness but since then this pregnancy has been very smooth and we are planning for a natural midwife-assisted birth at the hospital. Wishing everyone smooth births and happy healthy little ones!

Now I just need to figure out about adding a signature on here...

• Love the intros, ladies!  We're a decent bunch...even other boards agree that we're probably "too nice" sometimes.  Daronsmommy...thanks for posting this invite!
  • imagebruth:
    Not really sure if I count as a lurker but since I have under 200 posts maybe I do. nbsp;I don't know if anyone remembers me but I posted about nbsp;my LO having a couple congenital heart defects. nbsp;Because of his heart defects it was hard for me to really accept his condition and have been scared about what the future holds for him so I have not posted much. I have finally started feeling hopeful like we are going to get him better and he will be a fighter. I definately plan on trying to be more active on this board. Thanks to everyone who has given me support knowingly or not over these difficult months!

I definately remember you. Maybe it's because your LO has been in my thoughts and prayers often. My little cousin has a congenital heart defect and at 10 years old just had his 5th open heart surgery. He had to have a pacemaker inserted at 13 months old, but has done extremely well with it. This last surgery was routine, just to change placement and change the batteries. He was back up and around, went to the NHRA race just 4 days after surgery!
    I will continue to think about and pray for your LO. Many hugs being sent your way!
  • imagedaronsmommy:
    imagebruth:
    Not really sure if I count as a lurker but since I have under 200 posts maybe I do. nbsp;I don't know if anyone remembers me but I posted about nbsp;my LO having a couple congenital heart defects. nbsp;Because of his heart defects it was hard for me to really accept his condition and have been scared about what the future holds for him so I have not posted much. I have finally started feeling hopeful like we are going to get him better and he will be a fighter. I definately plan on trying to be more active on this board. Thanks to everyone who has given me support knowingly or not over these difficult months!
    I definately remember you. Maybe it's because your LO has been in my thoughts and prayers often. My little cousin has a congenital heart defect and at 10 years old just had his 5th open heart surgery. He had to have a pacemaker inserted at 13 months old, but has done extremely well with it. This last surgery was routine, just to change placement and change the batteries. He was back up and around, went to the NHRA race just 4 days after surgery! I will continue to think about and pray for your LO. Many hugs being sent your way!

Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers!  I am so happy to hear your little cousin is doing so well.  My heart also goes out to your family! 

• I'm 28, DH will be 30 next week. We live near Vancouver, BC. I'm currently staying at home (graduated from university last year) and DH is an electrician. Last year I was pregnant with b/g twins. I went into labour at 22 w 3 d with them. They were born and each passed 5 minutes later. It was awful. This was last November.

I then got pregnant with this LO (Chloe) in February. I was shocked! Saw an MFM doc to make sure this pregnancy was good. He was great and wasn't worried at all about this LO. What happened with my twins, Kira and Ethan, was a freak accident that led to preterm later; it was nothing "wrong" with me. This pregnancy has been great, but she's definitely made herself known this whole time!

Oh and we also have two Labs, one black and one yellow. And I'm just super excited to finally be a mommy to a living baby. :) And sorry if I've been more of a lurker, I'm just shy I guess, though it's online! 

I may not have posted much during this pregnancy b/c it was just too hard several months ago to think about my pregnancy too much, and reading stuff on The Bump was just making me anxious and not helping. I came back though and have been reading stuff almost daily and posting as often as I can. Glad to be a part of this group and you ladies have really helped me through this. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I guess I am a lurker. Sometimes I just don't have much to say, as I am a 35 weeks and going to be a FTM. I come on here every so often on my ipad, and still havent figured out how to put pictures on here or anything. This pregnancy was not planned at all, but my husband and I certainly embraced it. Not scared of contraction pain, but terrified of the ring of fire. Not ruling out pain meds completely, but still going to try for a med free birth. Here's to hoping anyway!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had to go read the UO thread just to make sure I wasn't in violation of some "bump" etiquette! I haven't had the baby yet so I think I'm good *looks around nervously just to make sure*.

Anyway, I did an intro at the very beginning of the pregnancy, posted a little, and have just recently started posting here and there. I come across as kind of awkward on-line (not in real life though, it's weird) so I limit my posting. So, there's that. I'm here usually everyday killing time at work!  

• Wow, there are more lurkers around than I though. Some of the names I recognize, but a lot I do not. I am sure there are more that are still out there lurking too.

• I mainly lurk.  I did an intro way back when and posted a bit.  Then I just switched to lurking - no real reason why.  I will post from time to time, but nothing regular.  I wish I was a regular poster though!

Due Oct 17 with a little boy!

• I think I probably count as a lurker, even though I post and comment every now and again.  I'm due 7 October, but my OB thinks the little boy could arrive any day now. I live in Ottawa, Canada and this will be my first take home baby after losing a LO this time last year.
  • Hello! :)

I have mostly been a lurker on TB although I have posted to a few threads throughout this pregnancy. My DH and I are expecting our first child, a girl. Our due date is October 27th. I am currently working full-time and going to school to get my Masters. I'm so glad you posted this thread, it gave me the opportunity to finally introduce myself! 

Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Hello! I'm a lurker. I am 27 and a FTM. My DH and I are excited to welcome our baby boy(Carson James) into our family soon. I am 37 weeks and due 10/11/12. I have had a very nice pregnancy so far, and would like to thank everyone for their posts. They have been very helpful!!
  • imageBritt1406:
    Wow, there are more lurkers around than I though. Some of the names I recognize, but a lot I do not. I am sure there are more that are still out there lurking too.

I'm surprised too, especially considering I think we do have a relatively active board!   

• I've posted a few times but my questions are usually already asked and answered so no need to ask again.

We are expecting our first (girl) Karlee Ann on 10/28/12

DH is 26 and I am 24. We will be married 3 years in Feb. Tried for this LO for 2 years. I was diagnosed with PCOS and given the possibility that it would never happen. Shed a lot of tears because of this. DH and I had some big changes in our life..he started a new job and was out of town and we were in the process of bankruptcy and there is was a BFP (we had given up and decided if it happened it happened) the day I found out was bittersweet. It was my grandpas birthday feb 24th who has been passed almost 3 years and my 2nd neice was born on this day as well!  Had normal pg up  until 20 weeks. Got high blood pressure and had some protien in my urine. Was put on strict bed rest and blood pressure medicine. things got better and i was moved to "light activity"  I failed my 1hr GTT and half failed my 3hr GTT. So for the last few weeks Ive been dealing with GD and diet controlled. Its a real pain in my butt but I do it for this Lo.

• Well I am a major lurker.  When I say major, I mean I read and mentally post on pretty much everything lol.  I even recognize screen names.  But  I probably have only posted 4 or 5 times.  I had a rough first and second trimester, not with the actual pregnancy but with the baby's father who is no longer in the picture. so I haven't tried to introduce myself because it was so late in the game when I found The Bump.  But my name is Cait, i'm 23.  FTM, single with amazing support system from my mom and dad.  (don't know where I would be right now without them)  I am due on 10/30, I'm hoping to go in october because I lurk on November as well but you ladies are much more knowledgeable and approachable (IMO)  I am having a girl, Ava.  I would love to start posting more and hopefully with this intro, i'll feel a little more comfortable doing so.  GL to all you ladies still cooking your LOs and to all the ladies that have outside babies, I am secretly jealous!!! 
  • I lurk a lot and post a little.

We are expecting a baby boy 10/22 via RCS. DD is 4 and while excited for a baby is not so excited it's a boy.

I have posted a couple of times but mainly comment.

• Thanks for posting this, I am pretty much a lurker, I did intro and still post occasionally. I am a FTM, like others I had a mc so I was a little hesitant to start posting. I am due 10/11/12, and cannot wait to be a mom to my little girl. 
  • I'm a semi-lurker.  I read the posts everyday, but have a hard time finding time to actually reply.  And when I do have time later in the day, it's using the mobile site and it, well, stinks.

Sooo...  I'm a FTM and am 27, my DH is 30.  We are team green and while I thought it would drive me crazy not knowing, it really hasn't been that bad!  I've had a super easy pregnancy (sorry!) with no morning sickness, BUT I have recently developed this stupid pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome.  It bites.  My right hand is seriously half asleep-completely numb all day and night.

My IL's all live about 1.5-2.5 hrs away, but most of my family is within 10 minutes from me.  My mom passed away 6 years ago and I am so so sad that she isn't here to meet her first grandbaby.  We were seriously best friends. :(

DH and I have 1 mutt who is like a kid to us.  He goes to work with us and when we are out of town, people from back home will recognize him before they recognize us!  So he's going to be a jealous dog I'm afraid, but he loves playing fetch with kids that come into the store, so hopefully he will get over that soon.

I'm on the fence on whether or not I'll get an epi.  I'm one of those "we'll see how it goes" people.  My mom and MIL both did without, and I know if she were here, she'd be jokingly (kind of) calling me a pansy if I said I was going to get one.  Oh, I'm due Oct. 4th, but have been having BH since week 26 and they have been getting really strong the last few weeks and last night they were about 15 minutes apart for awhile, but then spaced out to every 30 min.  So I may (or may not) be getting close! :)

PS- I would love to join the facebook group, but haven't heard back when I sent the email.  Can I still join? 

• Don't think I actually ever posted an intro, just started commenting on things! lol I'm a FTM and we're due Oct 31. I'm a triage nurse at a pediatrician's office and my DH is a police officer. We are very blessed to have this LO on the way as I am also a cancer survivor and was told I had a <0.1% chance of ever having my own children! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the posts from everyone and getting to know a little bit about everyone's experiences! :) 
  • I am 28 currently pregnant with number 2 (boy) due on October 9th but RCS is on October 3rd.I have a beautiful 2 year old little girl that was a huge surprise after being told for 8 years that I couldn't have kids after a accident. This one is even bigger surprise. The doctor joke with my boyfriend telling him he has super sperm. No problems with this pregnancy except light-headiness and dizzy spells due to poor circulation. 
  • Another lurker here! I post sometimes and try to comment but some days I save TB time until late at night while I am on the treadmill. It gives me something to read but it's usually too late to comment on anything. I'm 35, DH is 34 and we live in NC and we are 37 weeks along. This is our first child and the first grandchild for both families...which is a little odd considering our ages but everyone is sooooo excited for this LO to come into the world!
  • I'm not sure if I'm considered a lurker but I'll reintroduce myself too. I do try to post but I probably lurk more. :)  

We are team green and due Oct 16 with our first, very exciting! This was after 4 rounds of infertility treatments, so of course we are over the moon  We live in central jersey, both work in the city (well until I went on leave last week) and haven't decided yet what we are doing about me going back ( we both work insane hours at an investment bank). I'll try to get better about posting!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hiii :)

Major lurker here... but REALLY appreciate all the posts that you guys post! :)

I am almost 36 weeks (tomorrow), and due on 10/20 with HOPEFULLY a little girl (that's what they told us at our 19 week US...but I keep hearing stories of how baby came out the opposite sex!!)... My husband and I have been married for about 8 years, and we are SUPER excited to welcome our first baby ... whether its a boy OR girl! :)

PS - I still don't know what DH stands for, even though I've been LURKING since March!!

Thanks for making us feel welcome!

• imagekateshaw99:

Hiii :)

Major lurker here... but REALLY appreciate all the posts that you guys post! :)

I am almost 36 weeks (tomorrow), and due on 10/20 with HOPEFULLY a little girl (that's what they told us at our 19 week US...but I keep hearing stories of how baby came out the opposite sex!!)... My husband and I have been married for about 8 years, and we are SUPER excited to welcome our first baby ... whether its a boy OR girl! :)

PS - I still don't know what DH stands for, even though I've been LURKING since March!!

Thanks for making us feel welcome!

DH= Dear or Darling Husband

I still haven't figured out what AW stands for in all the subject lines, and I'm too embarrassed to ask and too lazy to look it up! :) 

• Hi! I lurk... A LOT! I am expecting DD2 Reagan on 1025. I am 23 and a full time grad student. I stopped working full time when i started school so that I could be with DD1 more. Dr. Told us that because of some medical problems it would take me about 912 months to get pg but to stop the pill for my body to adjust... the next month I was pg so DD2 was planned but a little earlier than expected! If everything goes perfectly as planned I will be induced on 1026 and back at school by that Monday but we all know that baby will do whatever she wants so we'll see! :
    :)Hurry Up October!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"