September 2012 Moms

I am ashamed of myself

My Mom and Dad are taking DS for the weekend, and DH asked where I wanted to go out to dinner tomorrow night for a little date. Will probably be our last one for quite a while.

I am embarrassed to admit that I said I felt like Italian just because I want to order eggplant parm somewhere. :hangs head:

Obviously I don't reeeeally believe in the tales, but it can't hurt, right? THE saddest part is that I do not like eggplant. Awesome. 

ETA: Doh. Just saw another eggplant post below. Oh well. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I am ashamed of myself

• Bahaha! No shame!

I'm going to the farmer's market Saturday to pick up some eggplant.  I had eggplant parm last week, and I plan to buy enough this time to have it every night until baby comes.

However, I actually love eggplant parm. Big Smile

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageUnem:

and I plan to buy enough this time to have it every night until baby comes.

I love you. 

• Loading the player...
  • I am not a big fan of eggplant either, but I am making eggplant parm for dinner tonight.  :-P

My doctor gave me a printout of the Scalini's recipe and baby legend at my appointment last week:  https://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No shame. I was there too just 2 weeks ago.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I actually think it works! I had some at like 37 weeks and got contractions pretty bad that night but it never progressed probably because I was still early. I hope it works for you! I got my eggplant parm at Johnny Carino's in case you have one near you. No Scalini's over here :( 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am kind of with you on this one. I made eggplant parm earlier this week and have eaten almost a whole pineapple in the last 2 days. I am not doing it totally on purpose but sort of, I JUST said to DH that I was getting "greedy" for this baby. So, I hang my head with you. Oh well ;)
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • imageSharkFarts:
    Haha, you're cute. I actually had the same thought, but I don't think we'll actually do it. I don't like eggplant either. I have been chowing down on fresh pineapple the past few days though.nbsp;

This. I just chopped up some fresh pineapple to munch on.
  • I'm making it on Monday night for dinner...I really don't like it either so I'm a bit embarasssd that I'm going to spend all that time making home made! But I'll do almost anything at this point!

• imageSharkFarts:
    Haha, you're cute. I actually had the same thought, but I don't think we'll actually do it. I don't like eggplant either. I have been chowing down on fresh pineapple the past few days though.nbsp;

I had a whole pineapple over the 24 ish hours before my water broke. It was the most delicious coincidence ever.

• PINEAPPLE! Forgot about that one. 

:makes note to add to grocery list: 

• Good luck :) I hope it works!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • No shame here either. I LOVE eggplant and have eaten it in many forms multiple times a week for a few weeks now with not a one contraction. Thankfully, it hasn't been a hardship at all for me.

Now yesterday I had acupuncture, then walked a bunch and aggressively cleaned out the garage and I thought the baby was going to fall out of me last night. I was so sore and had so much pressure down low. I couldn't sit anywhere but on a birth ball without pain. But alas, this morning I woke up feeling pretty good.  

I do believe I'll pick up a pineapple tomorrow though. Just for good measure. ;o)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No shame at all. I also got the Scalini's eggplant parm recipe and made it tonight. Good luck! They say it can take 48 hrs to work...so far the only thing working is indigestion!

• No shame in that. I thought about getting it for lunch yesterday myself and I don't particularly care for it either.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• I stand by sex and nipple stimulation as a sure fire way to get things going :) that's what we did (however she came a little too early for my liking but she's ok thankfully!)

Good luck! 

Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No shame. I'm measuring at 45 weeks and the baby is measuring at 8.8 lbs. I'm terrified that I will have a 10 lb baby and my vag and a-hole will become one with themselves. Oh... And im not even dilated yet. I plan on getting some eggplant and pineapple today. I need some progress!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"