1st Trimester

my irrational pregnant woman confession of the day

I'll preface this by saying that I know my thoughts were completely irrational, but I'm sure there are plenty of others hiding out there who have the same kind of irrational worries about various things, so maybe you won't feel so alone now. Or not, and it's just my OCD acting up again ;)

Last night I went to a concert (NOFX - any other punk rock mamas out there?). It's been a long time since I've been to a good show, so I didn't really think anything of it. The opening act had started by the time we got there, and as soon as we were closer to the music I started to get all antsy because of the noise and the floor vibrations. I was briefly convinced that I was going to damage the embryo because my uterus would vibrate and it would somehow detach (I'm embarrassed to even type that!). I spent a good 10 minutes googling about it and finally managed to talk myself down from the ledge.

I thought the anxiety during the second pregnancy would be easier...

The worst part was that the show didn't end until midnight. I felt like an old lady leaning against the wall stifling yawns!

Charlie 8.06.08
Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56

Re: my irrational pregnant woman confession of the day

• Isn't it crazy the things that go a pregnant woman's head! I was at bootcamp the other day and I didn't want to lay on my stomach or run too hard because I didn't want to harm the baby.  I know damn well that wouldn't happen but the thought kept crossing my mind!  

• imagejerseygirl81:

I'll preface this by saying that I know my thoughts were completely irrational, but I'm sure there are plenty of others hiding out there who have the same kind of irrational worries about various things, so maybe you won't feel so alone now. Or not, and it's just my OCD acting up again ;)

Last night I went to a concert (NOFX - any other punk rock mamas out there?). It's been a long time since I've been to a good show, so I didn't really think anything of it. The opening act had started by the time we got there, and as soon as we were closer to the music I started to get all antsy because of the noise and the floor vibrations. I was briefly convinced that I was going to damage the embryo because my uterus would vibrate and it would somehow detach (I'm embarrassed to even type that!). I spent a good 10 minutes googling about it and finally managed to talk myself down from the ledge.

I thought the anxiety during the second pregnancy would be easier...

The worst part was that the show didn't end until midnight. I felt like an old lady leaning against the wall stifling yawns!

I fear the the gestational sac will detach as I'm sneezing. I also have crazy thoughts. 

MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • Loading the player...
  • You are fine, I went to a concert Friday and all is well. Relax. Enjoy. FYI - We love punk, ska, HC. Have you seen the Documentary called "the other F word" Its all Punk band members who are Fathers now. Best documentary. A must see.
    Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageprego760:
    You are fine, I went to a concert Friday and all is well. Relax. Enjoy. FYI - We love punk, ska, HC. Have you seen the Documentary called "the other F word" Its all Punk band members who are Fathers now. Best documentary. A must see.

Yes! I really, really enjoyed it. I can't wait to tell the embryo that his/her first real show was NOFX :)

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Yay!!! NOFX!!!
    When I first learned I was pregnant I was literally scared of everything. I made my husband wash his hands twice if he even barely touched the cat. You're fine lady and those fears happen to all expecting moms. Its awesome you felt good enough to go to a show, I've barely left the house in weeks, because of the nausea.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The same day I got my BFP I went to the Sulime w/rome and cypriss Hill show... I thought for sure the baby was getting a contact high from all the smoking going on... i was pretty nervous too! I love NOFX by the way! :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was 11 weeks with my first and went to a concert, had similar irrational thoughts for a bit. I feel totally ridiculous for them now. But, I don't see myself going to a concert this time around, still. 
    NOFX! I had tickets to a NOFX show when I was about to pop. I just had to look at them go to waste! Lucky woman. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"