June 2011 Moms

Birth story & PIPs!

Thanks for all the good luck wishes and congrats!

The short version:

We were team green turned... team blue!  :)  Jacob Tyler was born at 37w6d weighing 6lbs 8oz and 20" long.  (Claire was born at 38w1d weighing 6lbs 8oz and 19" long.  Crazy!)    

The long version:

Starting at my 36 week appt. I was already dilated 3cm, 80% effaced, and baby was really low, so my OB predicted it would be another early birth.  My water broke in the middle of the night.  No contractions and I actually ended up falling back asleep as I was trying to decide if it really did break.  haha.  Woke up a few hours later and it was obvious.  Still no contractions though.

We got to the hospital at 8:00 a.m. and I finally was having some dull contractions.  They didn't progress much, though, so the OB recommended pitocin (same with the first birth).  Oh, and we ended up having one of the same delivery room nurses that we had with Claire.  She even recognized us!  

I had an epidural last time, but this time I went into it thinking I'd try to go without it and I did!  People kept telling me "the second birth goes much faster than the first", "you hardly have to push at all", etc.  So, I thought that would be less time to be in pain might as well give it a shot!  I found that the contractions were pretty bearable for the most part, until the end...  pushing was easier, but way more painful of course!  I survived, though.  :)  Oh, and this time I only had 8 minutes of pushing -- with my first it was 2 hours...

Anyway, we're still getting used to life with 2u2.  I keep thinking, "why did we think it was so hard having a newborn last time?"  It's definitely more work having 2 kids to tend to at the same time!  Claire has been great with Jacob so far.  She's very intrigued and likes to point to him, his clothes, his feet, his hands, etc.  No signs of jealousy yet!  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birth story & PIPs!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"