2nd Trimester

Heart Rate & Gender

Has anyone heard that if the heart rate is in the 130s it is a boy and 150s a girl?   I just got back from my 20 week and the heart rate is 138 and my mom now has me convinced we are having a boy. 

Re: Heart Rate & Gender

• DD's heart rate was always 135 to 145 BPM. I think that is an old wives tale.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I figured that was an old wives tale I was curious since I had never heard it before. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I have and it's not true. My daughters was always lower than my sons except for 1 visit. I actually heard 170+ was girl and opposite for boy but I don't believe it for a minute. This baby is 148 but I only had 1 ultrasound so far. I haven't had a regular hb listen yet. It's actully coming up on Friday. 

• I've heard that tale... has about a 50/50 chance of being correct ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO's heart rate was always around 148, and I am having a boy.  Total old wives tale.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My son was always in the 150s-160s.  This baby has always been in the 130s.  it's a girl :) 
    Just an absolute casserole of nonsense.
    CDH, born 10/26/09.... now I see a family, where there once was none.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO's heartbeat has been between 170-155 and it's a boy :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My baby's heart rate has been 155-160 at every appointment and he's a boy.
  • Mine was 170 last check and he is a boy.
  • The heart rate was in range of 145-170. It's a girl!

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• i heard that anything 140 and above is likely to be a girl; pretty sure it's a wives' tale, but it ended up being true for us!
  • Our baby's heart rate has been consistently above 150, and 2 u/s have confirmed boy.
    BFP#1 2/18/2011, EDD 10/18/2011, natural m/c 2/28/2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#2 5/28/2011, EDD 2/1/2012, chemical pg
    BFP#3 10/22/2011, EDD 6/30/2012, natural m/c 11/3/2011 @ 6 weeks
    BFP#4 4/16/2012, EDD 12/24/2012, Beta #1 23 @ 10dpo, Beta #2 68 @ 12dpo, Beta #3 370 @ 16dpo, Saw baby and heartbeat on 5/11/2012.

It's a boy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Utter ***. My baby is a boy and his heart rate is always above 140. Always has been and I'm at 22 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, we are having a girl this time and I've been comparing stats from when I was pregnant with DS after my appointments. DS's heart rate was always in the upper 50's low 60's. DD is in the low 50's...not a drastic difference, but you can probably see where I'm going with this! Don't buy the blue just based on heartbeat :0)

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • When I was at my 16 week yesterday my OB was showing me the heart rate and asked if I thought it was a boy/girl and I assumed by showing me at the same time she was inferring the wives tale and I asked her what the wives tale was again (couldn't remember low/high for boy/girl) and she made the comment that she doesn't trust that until much later in the pregnancy. So it seemed that she insinuated there was some validity, but at a much later date (and by then most people know from the A/S).
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've heard it, but it's not true for us.  My little boy is usually 150 or higher- and so was my daughter.  My MIL was all about the heart rate telling the sex too- she drove me crazy with it.  Since our boy was high all the time too she said we were having another girl and she has always said that we would never have a boy because it was the "generation for girls" whatever that means...but it's a boy this time.  Bottom line: heart rate means nothing!
    image BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I have found that the heart rate and sex has no correlation. Two times in a row ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am having twins. The last time they measured HR was at 14 weeks. Baby A was 136 and Baby B was 154. I was convinced A was a boy and B was a girl. Nope, both girls. 
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Our LOs heart rate is always in the 150-160s, and we're having a boy.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Mine was 167 the entire first trimester, then was 143 yesterday when we found out we are having a boy. According to my doc, as you progress in your pregnancy the baby's HR trends down toward the 120s anyway, so heartrate would be a relatively unreliable predictor of gender.
  • We just found out we are having a boy and his hb was 159 at the u/s. I think it is just an old wives tale.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker}

Lots of love TBBFF lobosabby!! Always rooting for the TTGP girls

My Chart

• my sons heartrate was in the 180s...

• This is my 4th pregnancy and all of my babies range from 148 to 165 or so. I don't know what I am having yet...but I already have 3 little boys!!
    Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"