October 2012 Moms

MIL mini rant

I feel a little annoyed and offended by my MIL tonight. I made the comment that I was cramping on and off and that it was getting more intense and she told me that it was all normal. That I still needed to lose my mucus plug and my water HAD to break.

When I told her I lost my plug over a week ago, she asked my husband if I actually knew what the plug was. While I was in front of her. He backed me up and said I wasn't stupid and that I had done enough research to know what I was talking about to which she replied that if I had indeed lost it that long ago, the baby would be here... 

I literally stood there in awe at what she was implying! I've never had a problem with her, we've always gotten along. Yet here she is basically saying I'm too dumb to know what's going on with my body. 

Okay, rant finished... I think. 

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: MIL mini rant

• I can't even imagine having a conversation like this with my MIL.  It's none of her business!  My MIL sometimes asks DH if I'm dilated or having contractions.  My family has always been really private with body things and I just would never consider talking about this with her. 

I would just not provide her with any further info.  Just tell her you'll call her when you've checked in to the hospital.

• I'm usually very open when someone asks me about "body things" but I don't appreciate being put down like I was. I walked away and DH told her he'd let her know if I end up going in.
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! With my hormones I would have said many not nice things that I'm sure would have been remembered for years to come. Good for you for staying calm!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My hormones would take over & I'd fly into a rage if MIL said stuff like that to me. I'd tell her if she didn't believe me, she could just wait to know any new info from me until the baby was already born.

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"