3rd Trimester

NBR: any good crockpot recipes?

i have a lot of time today so i figured i'd break out the ole' crockpot haha. it's rainy and cold here now so i figured i could make something yummy and hot. any suggestions?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: NBR: any good crockpot recipes?

• bACK IN THE DAY WHEN i WAS CROCKING ALOT i USED THIS LADY'S WEBSITE... I THINK IT WAS CALLED 365CROCKPOT.... (sorry for the caps.. at work and forgot to change it) I loved it and she does alot of gluten free.. which i don't need but good to know

anyway here is the link : https://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I threw a pot roast in - seasoned with some garlic and pepper, a couple of beef bouleon cubes, then threw in baby carrots, 1/2 an onion sliced, a couple red baby potatoes, and enough water to cover the meat and cooked on low for 8 hours and it was delicious!!!!!

I'm eating the leftovers now and it's so good!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I was going to suggest a roast...you could do the actual roast, carrot & potatoes as was suggested or shred the meat and do BBQ shredded sandwiches. Or soup. Soup is always my option on cold rainy days!
  • Roast is always a classic, I also like to do taco soup, and I'm thinking about doing rice and beans with sausage - kind of a jambalaya without the shrimp and chicken!  An easy mix for roast is cream of something soup with a packet of onion soup mix, a cup or 2 of water and a beef bouillon cube.  If you don't think about the sodium content, the gravy is delicious!

Haha, my username should read "3Girlsand1BoyMama"...with #5 on the way!  (and then we're done.)

Me, 33, DH, 32  DDs 9, 7, 4 and DS 2.  EDD #5 4-29-15

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagecredcat7:

bACK IN THE DAY WHEN i WAS CROCKING ALOT i USED THIS LADY'S WEBSITE... I THINK IT WAS CALLED 365CROCKPOT.... (sorry for the caps.. at work and forgot to change it) I loved it and she does alot of gluten free.. which i don't need but good to know

anyway here is the link : https://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

This website looks awesome1  I wanted to make some crockpot meals that are freezable so dinner will be even easier once LO arrives.  Since you used to crock pot a lot, do you know any good meals you can throw in frozen?

Thanks! 

• Cream cheese chicken chili. It's to die for! I've made it like 3 times in the last month.

1 can black beans
    1 can corn, undrained
    1 can Rotel, undrained
    1 package ranch dressing mix
    1 tsp cumin
    1 Tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 8 oz package light cream cheese
    2 chicken breasts

Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm making a beef stew now, recipe on the back of the McCormick seasoning package.

Here's a few others:
    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese
    4 boneless chicken breasts
    2 bags frozen corn & black bean southwestern veggie
    1 (15 ounce) jar salsa, corn & black bean
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
    1 package corn tortillas
    Directions
    Put frozen chicken in crock pot, combine veggies & salsa and cover chicken in crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked. Turn crock pot off (drain if too watery). Add 1 package of cream cheese on top and let sit for about 1/2 hour. Shred chicken & serve in tortillas.

Minestrone Soup
    * 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
    * 2 cups water
    * 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
    * 1 (15-ounce) can red beans, drained & rinsed
    * 1 can chick peas, drained & rinsed
    * 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
    * 3 celery stalks, chopped
    * 4-5 red potatoes
    * 1 onion, chopped
    * 3 cloves garlic
    * 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    * 2 bay leaves
    * Salt and ground black pepper
    * 1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
    * 1 medium zucchini, chopped
    * 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen spinach, defrosted
    1 cup peas
    Directions
    In a slow cooker, combine broth, water, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, carrots, celery, onion, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
    Thirty minutes before the soup is done cooking, add ditalini, zucchini, peas, and spinach. Cover and cook 30 more minutes. Remove bay leaves and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.

Chili
    1 (12 oz) can tomato sauce
    1 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes, not drained
    1 (11 oz) can dark red kidney beans, not drained
    1 (11 oz) can black beans, not drained
    2 red peppers
    2 green peppers
    1 yellow pepper
    2 medium onions
    3 stalks celery
    2 lbs ground beef
    2 tbsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp salt
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 (1 1/4 oz) packet McCormick mild chili seasoning
    Directions
    Using a large covered stockpot Brown the ground beef.
    Drain the fat.
    Chop onions, celery, & peppers to a large dice.
    Cut the tomatoes so that they are chunky also.
    Add all ingredients to pot with beef.
    If chili looks too thick add a cup of water to pot.
    Mix together & Simmer covered (stirring every once in awhile) for about 2 1/2 hrs-3 hrs until peppers are soft.

• MY GO TO MEAL lately is this. So freaking easy.

4-6 thin cut frozen chicken breasts

1 can of cream of chicekn soup

1 packet of italian seasoning

1 8oz block of cream cheese

1 bag of frozen mixed veggies

I put the cream cheese and soap in the crock pot on high for 15ish minutes to soften up then mix together the soup, cream cheese, and italian seasoning.

Then put the frozen chicken in and try to slop some of the mix onn top.

Cook any way you want. High for 4 hours, low for 8, whatever, you can't mess it up!!

After it is done I chop up the chicken with a metal spatula, then I cook up the veggies and thrown them all in, and mix it all together.

We serve ours over either rice or biscuits. My husband likes the biscuits but my girls and I like the rice better. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Publix has a lentil soup with seasonings.  The last hour before it's done I cut up a kielbasa or polish sausage into bite sizes pieces and toss in.  Adds a little extra to the soup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"