February 2013 Moms

Bedding/Nursery Ideas

We just found out at our 19 week ultrasound appointment that we are having "a boy"! We are really excited and wanting to get started on the nursery, mainly my 7 year old step daughter..lol. I have been looking online at boy bedding options and I am not happy with any of them. Does anyone know of website that I can look at for bedding options for a boy? I have looked at your main stores like walmart, target, etc. It seems like there are more options for a girl than a boy...HELP!

Re: Bedding/Nursery Ideas

• I found my crib bedding at Pottery Barn Kids. I am team green and they had a lot of cute gender neutral stuff that could work for a boy. They also had some cute boy bedding too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We find out on Thursday what we're having, but if it's a boy we're going to do a jungle theme. There seems to be a lot of "jungle" or other animal options. A friend of mine also mentioned woodland animals, like frogs, etc. 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • I also second Pottery Barn Kids.
  • We got our bedding from baby super mall .com for DS... We did a jungle theme called jungle babies by NoJo also look on ebay, they make lots of matchy things to go along with your theme. But first pick out your main theme, like jungle, sea, trains, cars. This baby is a girl and we are doing a paisley theme and owls!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went gender neutral with DS, even though we knew his gender ahead of time. We knew we planned to have #2 some day and wanted something we could reuse.  Our nursery is blue, green, and yellow for our colors and we decorated with bird/tree details.  Land of Nod has some really cute bedding and decorations, which is where we got ours for DS.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• It really depends on your taste. Dwell Studio has SUPER cute modern and simple bedding for boys and girls. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • I second the Land of Nod suggestion.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • I saw some nice options on Overstock.com.
    My Mommy (to be) Blog: http://maitrimama.blogspot.com BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I also wasn't happy with most of the options, and after being gender neutral for my first two boys, I wanted something definitely boyish as this is our last.

I ended up ordering this set from Amazon.com over the weekend.  It's not like the other sets and I think we can create a fun/funky nursery with it:

https://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Crib-Bedding-Orbit/dp/B005WPQ1F6/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1347989640&sr=1-1

I also loved the navy and white harper set from PB kids, but I let DH choose and he chose the one I linked. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"