Multiples

Bed Rest Check In

Seems like quite a few of us have been put on bed rest, thought it would be nice to touch base and check in...

1.  Since what week have you been on bed rest?
2.  If you have other LO's at home, who's taking care of them?
3.  If you were working, how did your boss take the news?
4.  Is DH/SO stepping up and taking care of you and your house?
5.  What's surprised you the most about DH/SO through this?
6.  Have you bought anything fun on-line this week?
D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bed Rest Check In

• 1.  Since what week have you been on bed rest?  
    28 weeks

n/a

He understood.  His wife had bed rest with both of her singleton pregnancies.

Yes, with his job, I know it's been a lot for him, but he's really doing great and we did hire a cleaning service for the deep cleanings every other week.

That he can unload the dishwasher without me nagging him.

I started my holiday shopping this week.  Bought presents for my SIL's.

D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • .  Since what week have you been on bed rest?26 weeks 2.  If you have other LO's at home, who's taking care of them?my daughter was 15 months.  I had to hire a nanny. 3.  If you were working, how did your boss take the news?she was expecting bed rest the day I tell her I was pregnant with twins. 4.  Is DH/SO stepping up and taking care of you and your house?My husband tried but failed.  Some men just don't got it in them to do house work or baby care 5.  What's surprised you the most about DH/SO through this?He didn't shutdown from the extra work 6.  Have you bought anything fun on-line this week?I mainly bought the baby needs stuffs.  No money while on bed rest. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  Since what week have you been on bed rest?26 weeks  2.  If you have other LO's at home, who's taking care of them?We have a nanny for my 22 month old daughter. 3.  If you were working, how did your boss take the news?My boss was not happy, but tough cookies.  4.  Is DH/SO stepping up and taking care of you and your house?My DH is a rockstar.  He's just amazing.  I'm so proud of how hard he's working for us.  5.  What's surprised you the most about DH/SO through this?They he could cook a grilled cheese ;o)  6.  Have you bought anything fun on-line this week?I live in socal so i don't really need a winter coat, but Lands End has that 40% off one item deal going on and their coats are pretty adorbs. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1.  Since what week have you been on bed rest?
    24 or 25 weeks, I think.

We don't have other LO's, but we do have pets...and I am taking care of them:-).

I am self-employed.

Sort of. He works very long hours during the week, but pitches in a lot on the weekends. He spent this weekend running errands and doing chores around the house (poor guy :-().

Hmm...well, at first he wasn't taking the whole thing too seriously. Ever since our second trip to the hospital, though, he's been more attentive, and he's also been starting to think about what needs to get done immediately, should the babies arrive very early.

Some of the more decorative stuff for the nursery. It is finally starting to shape up! 

Twins November 2012!

• Great idea! I hope everyone else is doing well. 

1.  Since what week have you been on bed rest? Just now, 34 weeks.

2.  If you have other LO's at home, who's taking care of them? N/A

3.  If you were working, how did your boss take the news? I'm contract and I had transferred my cases, so it was not an issue.

4.  Is DH/SO stepping up and taking care of you and your house? He is doing a good job. It's making me crazy not to be able to do things my way, but I'm trying...

5.  What's surprised you the most about DH/SO through this? I'm new to this, but I am surprised with how well he is doing with all of the cooking. The reason for my bedrest is IUGR, so he has to feed me all the time!

6.  Have you bought anything fun on-line this week? We are finishing up all of our final buying, so it has been a lot of stuff off our registry. We also bought some preemie clothes since it is anticipated the babies will be pretty small. 

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Fun idea! :)

1.  Since what week have you been on bed rest? At 20wks they put me on modified bed-rest and from about 26 I have been on a more restricted modified  bedrest. 
    2.  If you have other LO's at home, who's taking care of them? N/A
    3.  If you were working, how did your boss take the news? Fine because I am a teacher so I warned her in June that I would not be coming back in September so she had plenty of time to find someone. 
    4.  Is DH/SO stepping up and taking care of you and your house? Oh my goodness.... he has totally stepped up! He is really taking such good care of me that I know he is going to be a great dad!
    He has a really calm and positive outlook on everything. 

6.  Have you bought anything fun on-line this week? I just bought a fun area rug for the playroom.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. Since what week have you been on bed rest?  Week 31 hospital bed rest then week 32 home bed rest now back in the hospital for week 33 (uhhh)
    2. If you have other LO's at home, who's taking care of them? I have a seven year old and everyone is taking care of him tonight he is with my parents, My DH goes home tomorrow and will take care of him while I was home we did it together
    3. If you were working, how did your boss take the news? Well I went straight from work to the hospital my work didnt think I would make it as long as I did
    4. Is DH/SO stepping up and taking care of you and your house? Yes, I do have someone that comes and cleans twice a month, but he has done all cooking and clearing as well as putting all the babies gear together :)
    5. What's surprised you the most about DH/SO through this? My DH has always been really supportive and wants these babies so badly he has not really done anything to suprise me, accept tell me I am still attractive when I feel lke a whale
    6. Have you bought anything fun on-line this week? No trying to hold off spending money since I am not working...
    June 2004 BFP Aug 2005 Steven James Born TTC#2 Since July 2009 TI and Clomid BFP M/C Sept 2010 (Only with me for 10 weeks in my heart forever) IUI # 4 BFP!! Due 11/5/12 Praying for my sticky babies!! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"