Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Beach With 3 Month Old

We are going on a family trip to the beach with our soon to be 3 month old next week. Thankfully we are traveling to Maine, so we don't need to worry about hot weather. Other than keeping LO out of the sun, does anyone have any suggestions for beach trips with a baby? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Beach With 3 Month Old

• We just went last weekend (we live in FL) and we didn't really do much different other than coat her in sunscreen and put a hat on her.  Our hotel was right on the beach so we didn't really take much down with us other than towels, chairs and a beach umbrella.  We just took turns wearing her in the Ergo so we had freedom and didn't have to mess with extra baby equipment.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sunscreen, baby hat, a lil umbrella for her it sit under. I heard baby powder helps get sand off of lil baby skin.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told not to use sunscreen until at least 6 months old. Maybe contact your pedi before using sunscreen!?
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechicagocubsfan23:
    I was told not to use sunscreen until at least 6 months old. Maybe contact your pedi before using sunscreen!?

This! We live in FL and have been told to keep LO out of any sun as sunscreen is not to be used on babies under 6 months
  • imageNuggetJo:
    imagechicagocubsfan23:
    I was told not to use sunscreen until at least 6 months old. Maybe contact your pedi before using sunscreen!?
    This! We live in FL and have been told to keep LO out of any sun as sunscreen is not to be used on babies under 6 months

This!!!! No sunscreen before 6 months! We live in Florida too so we are really careful to keep her in the shade. 

• imagechicagocubsfan23:

Really? We recently used California Baby there's no chemicals in it, it's natural super sensitive sunscreen. We can't just keep him out of the sun for 6 months. And I wouldn't want him in long sleeves, pants and socks when it is warm out.
  • imageIncognitoSuperhero:
    imagechicagocubsfan23:
    Really? We recently used California Baby there's no chemicals in it, it's natural super sensitive sunscreen. We can't just keep him out of the sun for 6 months. And I wouldn't want him in long sleeves, pants and socks when it is warm out.

I don't know about that sunscreen but our pedi told us no sunscreen until 6 months. I've even looked at the backs of some and it says not to use before 6 months. I'm from Iowa though so it's not a huge deal because it's starting to get cold out now. The first few months though I just made sure to keep him in the shade if we were outside going for walks, etc.

imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The general rule is no sunscreen for first 6 months, although my ped said she would prefer to put it on him if there wasn't an option to keep him out of the sun (better than nothing type of thing).

Just keep LO out of the sun as much as possible...a few minutes shouldn't harm the baby especially since it is Maine.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"