Babies: 0 - 3 Months

EP/Increase milk supply

I exclusively pump and supplement formula to DS who is 4 weeks. At most, I can pump a combined 3.5 to 4 ounces. This doesn't keep up with DS, therefore we have to supplement. Do all the ways to increase supply for BFing moms apply to EPer's?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

Re: EP/Increase milk supply

• Wow your supply is a LOT better than mine. I have never gotten 3.5 ounces. Lately I'm getting 2 ounces, at most, and often much less. I am even taking the max amount of Fenugreek. Sorry I have no suggestions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Pump more often. Drink more water.

I EP and I get between 10 and 12 oz every 4 hours...but I have an obvious oversupply. Pump every 1.5 or 2 hours for a few days and you'll see an increase.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Loading the player...
  • imageanbeck4:
    Pump more often. Drink more water. I EP and I get between 10 and 12 oz every 4 hours...but I have an obvious oversupply. Pump every 1.5 or 2 hours for a few days and you'll see an increase.

WOW I wish I was getting that much! I try to pump every 2-3 hours. I stay hydrated and I usually get 3-4 ounces a session.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I EP and I am getting 10-15oz about every 4 to 5 hours. I started out pumping every 2 hours and this boosted my supply big time. Then I switched to every 4. Drink plenty of water and also, to make sure I get as much as I can I will pump one breast until nothing else comes out and then go to the other. When I'm done with both I will go back to the first breast again and then back to the second as well. I get an extra 1/2-1oz out of each breast that way. I feel like this gets me completely empty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 16225_591499563778_1878407173_n
  • imagesvdrummajor07:
    I EP and I am getting 10-15oz about every 4 to 5 hours. I started out pumping every 2 hours and this boosted my supply big time. Then I switched to every 4. Drink plenty of water and also, to make sure I get as much as I can I will pump one breast until nothing else comes out and then go to the other. When I'm done with both I will go back to the first breast again and then back to the second as well. I get an extra 1/2-1oz out of each breast that way. I feel like this gets me completely empty.

Wow!  I would love to pump that often but I'm lucky if I can even manage to get in 3 sessions at work.  I usually try to get an extra one at home at night but I don't think I could do every 2 hours.  I wonder if it would work over a weekend?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"