May 2012 Moms

Where's everyone from?

DD is napping, and I'm pretending to know what's going on during the patriots game, but I really don't.. so I am browsing the bump and see that not a lot is going on... and I was thinking, I wonder where everyone from May 2012 is from? SO where are you from! and maybe how old are you? and maybe anything else you want to tell about yourself! We have been posting for here a YEAR now!:)

I'm Kristen, from Maine, I'm 26:) 

Is cloud9climber ever around btw? And, do people still use the FB group? I think I may have been deleted for not using it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where's everyone from?

• Let's see... I'm 30 years old and I live in Providence RI. I am an elementary school teacher... Can't think of anything else to say. My DD is napping now, too, and I really should be taking this opportunity to take a nap myself. She was one of those babies STTN since she was 3 weeks old, but now she wakes up 1-3 times a night and can't get herself back to sleep. Grrr... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I am an elementary school counselor! So you were back to work recently too? And enjoying this crisp cool air, west nile and EEE threats? haha. I just got an email this weekend saying one of the kiddos has wooping cough!

• Loading the player...
  • imagekkchisholm:

I am an elementary school counselor! So you were back to work recently too? And enjoying this crisp cool air, west nile and EEE threats? haha. I just got an email this weekend saying one of the kiddos has wooping cough!

Yeah, I work in MA and there have been so many cases of whooping cough there this year, compared to previous years. I am always so worried about that. When I was pregnant one of the students in my class had the chicken pox. That was scary enough. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Hi,

I'm Alex, I'm 30 and I live in France in Normandy. My son John is 4 months old. I'm a stay at home mom. I honestly think being a mom is the best job ever! Aha

I love the bump. I was following it a lot when I was pregnant but since my baby arrived I'm having a hard time just to get on a computer. I'm so busy.  I am exclusively breast feeding. I have struggled a lot with it (mastitis, yeast infection, big crack) but it's not going to stop me.

• Hellllo..we live in South Jersey, right near the water :) But will soon be relocating to PA where my husband is from..if anyone commutes to Philly they would understand the commute is a B****! To op I adore Maine and try to get up to New England a lot, especially for the fall foilage!  all my family either lives in Amherst or Maine :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagejlsweets:
    Hellllo..we live in South Jersey, right near the water :) But will soon be relocating to PA where my husband is from..if anyone commutes to Philly they would understand the commute is a B****! To op I adore Maine and try to get up to New England a lot, especially for the fall foilage!  all my family either lives in Amherst or Maine :)

Do you go to portland much? I could fill you in on the good eats:)

• Well let's see, I'm 29 and from Madison, Wisconsin.  My husband and I took a trip out to the east coast two years ago and we got engaged on Martha's Vineyard.  We made it up to Maine, and we ate at some hole in the wall lobster place that was hands down the best food I have ever eaten!!!! :)  We don't have very good seafood here, cheese yes, but not so much on the seafood.  I stay home with my identical boys, before I had them I was working as a nanny for 5 kids, and before that briefly at an AODA program for women, I have a degree in Social Work.  :)  I like this game, I too have no idea what's going on with whatever football game my husband has on tv..... :)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagekkchisholm:

imagejlsweets:
    Hellllo..we live in South Jersey, right near the water :) But will soon be relocating to PA where my husband is from..if anyone commutes to Philly they would understand the commute is a B****! To op I adore Maine and try to get up to New England a lot, especially for the fall foilage!  all my family either lives in Amherst or Maine :)

I've actually have never been to Portland. My family lives in Gray (which I think might be close to Portland) but we've only ever explored around there since our time is always limited in ME unlike NH. We are hoping to get up there in the upcoming months so I would love your restaurant recommendations!!

• imagejlsweets:
    imagekkchisholm:

imagejlsweets:

I've actually have never been to Portland. My family lives in Gray (which I think might be close to Portland) but we've only ever explored around there since our time is always limited in ME unlike NH. We are hoping to get up there in the upcoming months so I would love your restaurant recommendations!!

Portland is only 15 minutes from gray! you should go to gray animal farm with your LO:)

Where in NH do you go? I've also got food suggesgtiosn there. I went to college in NH.

What kind of food do you like?

• imageangelfire02:

Well let's see, I'm 29 and from Madison, Wisconsin.  My husband and I took a trip out to the east coast two years ago and we got engaged on Martha's Vineyard.  We made it up to Maine, and we ate at some hole in the wall lobster place that was hands down the best food I have ever eaten!!!! :)  We don't have very good seafood here, cheese yes, but not so much on the seafood.  I stay home with my identical boys, before I had them I was working as a nanny for 5 kids, and before that briefly at an AODA program for women, I have a degree in Social Work.  :)  I like this game, I too have no idea what's going on with whatever football game my husband has on tv..... :)

I might be making this up but I think Portland was rated in the top ten for food in the US!

• Hi! I'm Julia, 31 and currently live in Connecticut. We relocated here from Virginia 2.5 years ago, where I grew up. I stay at home with our two girls, 3 yrs and 4 months, but also do freelance writing and editing. My 3 yr old just started preschool, which is a little tough on me. Hard to let go of your babies, no matter when!

Met my husband 10 yrs ago, married for 7.

OK, that's all I can think of for now!

• My name is Jen and I am from Ontario, Canada and am 30 years old. I EBF and am loving being a mom!
  • imagekkchisholm:
    imagejlsweets:
    imagekkchisholm:

imagejlsweets:

Portland is only 15 minutes from gray! you should go to gray animal farm with your LO:)

Where in NH do you go? I've also got food suggesgtiosn there. I went to college in NH.

Thats awesome!! Well I'll take any recommendations..my family is in Amherst, Mt.Vernon, New Boston, and Manchester. We never really go to Manchester, usually just stay in Amherst/Mt.Vernon...as for food LOVE seafood! Also pasta..but not sure how great New England pasta is!! hehe just kidding I'm sure its good

• imagejlsweets:
    imagekkchisholm:
    imagejlsweets:
    imagekkchisholm:

imagejlsweets:

Thats awesome!! Well I'll take any recommendations..my family is in Amherst, Mt.Vernon, New Boston, and Manchester. We never really go to Manchester, usually just stay in Amherst/Mt.Vernon...as for food LOVE seafood! Also pasta..but not sure how great New England pasta is!! hehe just kidding I'm sure its good

I'll have to think about this for a while! But first off most deffinitly go to Espos for italian in Portland! It's a little sketchy looking but by far the best italian. And I would go to Demillos for seafood! It's a big ship on the ocean so it's tempting, but I think it taste like frozen food. Seafood as in sushi too? Benkay's spicy crunchy tuna. Yummm.

• This is a fun post. It is really interesting to see where people are from.

I am Alyssa, 31, and I live in Boise, ID. I don't believe that there are too many Idahoans on The Bump. I am an office coordinator for a pediatric specialty clinic, have 3 kiddos (9,6 and 4.5 mo). I love to run, hike, camp and spend time outdoors.

• Since theres quite some people from the NE area (and its amazing) everyone else should come over and we should have a bump g2g:)
  • My name is Kate, I am 28 and from St. Louis. I have never been to New England but it's definitely on my bucket list... one of my good friends is from Maine and her pictures from there are always incredible!

I work part-time now and I am so happy about it. I'm in the FB group and post occasionally, but I don't have time to check it more than once every day or two so I just feel lost.

• I'm Jessica, I'm 30years old and I've recently relocated to Portland, OR from Denver, CO. Our little guy is our one and only!

I am a physical therapist, recently back to work and although I'd much rather be home with my little guy most of the time -I really love my career :) I am lucky enough to have my mom as a babysitter, so I never worry about the care my LO is getting!

I'd love to visit the other Portland sometime :O) 

• I'm 39 and currently live on Long Island ("Lawn Guy-Land"), though we've lived in Colorado and Rhode Island before moving back to NY (hubby and I grew up here). I've known my husband since I was 16. We were always just friends and he happened to move to Denver when I was living there. Who knew back then that we'd end up falling in love, marrying and having an amazing little baby girl??? We have three rescue pets: a dog (Boddington) and two rabbits (Sherman and Beatrix). Despite having a dog named after an ale and a husband who home brews beer, I am a full time drug and alcohol counselor (new job), and I have a part time therapy practice. My Irish great grandparents were born in New Foundland and my dream home would be in the White Mountains of NH with enough land to have a big garden.

• I'm 31 and from North Dakota.  I am an elementary school counselor.  We have two daughters, a 2.5 year old Avery and an almost 4 month old Camdyn.
  • I'm Kellie, 30, from New Orleans. I'm a SAHM now and loving it. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekkchisholm:
    imagejlsweets:
    imagekkchisholm:
    imagejlsweets:
    imagekkchisholm:

imagejlsweets:

I'll have to think about this for a while! But first off most deffinitly go to Espos for italian in Portland! It's a little sketchy looking but by far the best italian. And I would go to Demillos for seafood! It's a big ship on the ocean so it's tempting, but I think it taste like frozen food. Seafood as in sushi too? Benkay's spicy crunchy tuna. Yummm.

Ok, awesome! I will definitely be checking those out when we go back up there....we don't care for sushi but LOVE lobster! :)

• My name is Jessica (25), and I'm from the Florida Panhandle and actually live there right now. I'm a contractor for the Air Force, and DH is in the Air Force. Luckily, we are stationed in my hometown right now, so we have lots of help from Grandma and Grandpa.
    Photobucket
  • I'm Lyndsey. I just turned 29 in July. I live in Ohio.  Been married since April 2010.  I have two step-children ages 10 and 15.  And now we have LO.  We conceived through a vasectomy reversal, so Linc is our little miracle baby Big Smile
  • Lots of New England... and one more!

I'm 30 years old and from SE Mass (not far from Prov!)... this is our first L.O.! 

• I'm 25 and from Alberta, Canada. I'm a stay at home mom and loving it!
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">

imageimage
  • im 22 and live in wichita kansas :) just moved here a right before my LO was born from oklahoma
  • I'm a New Englander, too! I'm 32 years old and from NH.

• My name is also Kristen. I'm 28, in Maryland.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagestoneycakes:

I'm a New Englander, too! I'm 32 years old and from NH.

Where abouts in NH?! I have dreams of moving to north conway some day. All the hikes, rock climbing and skiing a family could as for!

• hello :)  I am 42  .. work in transportation  from Quebec Canada
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm Jen, 35 and live in MA (very near the outlets!). I have 2 boys, kindergarten and preschool and we welcomed our little girl this May. I'm a high school guidance counselor. I've got a crazy household!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi, I am Amanda. I am (almost) 30 and I live in Wisconsin. I am a stay at home mom and Nursing Student. I have a degree in Early Childhood Regular and Special Education but it is extremely hard to find a job in Wisconsin (I have been looking for a good job since I graduated in 2005) so back to school I go.

I have two kids my May '12 baby boy who is almost 4 months old and an August '10 baby girl who is 25 months old. I love being pregnant and cannot wait to get done with Nursing school so I can do it all over again.

• *waves*

I'm Tara.  I live in Michigan.  I am a Certified Pharmacy Technician and am in school doing my last year of pre-reqs before I (hopefully) start pharmacy school.  I have a degree in secondary math education but teaching wasn't my thing.  I kind of stumbled on this pharmacy job about 3 1/2 years ago and decided I could definitely do this.  About 3 weeks after I started last fall was when I got my bfp :) Which is amazing because we had been trying 7 years total (2 1/2 yrs of fertility treatments) and had decided to take a break from it all when I started school but it was a bit late for that :) 

It's crazy insane busy with my DH teaching full time, me going to school full time and working part time and having 2 LO's around but we would never trade any of it for the world!

• imagePotomacSt:
    My name is Kate, I am 28 and from St. Louis. I have never been to New England but it's definitely on my bucket list... one of my good friends is from Maine and her pictures from there are always incredible! I work parttime now and I am so happy about it. I'm in the FB group and post occasionally, but I don't have time to check it more than once every day or two so I just feel lost.
    Where at in STL? I figure by your screen name that you were from stl : I'm in North County for the moment.
  • imageMelissaMiso:
    I'm 39 and currently live on Long Island ("Lawn Guy-Land"), though we've lived in Colorado and Rhode Island before moving back to NY (hubby and I grew up here). I've known my husband since I was 16. We were always just friends and he happened to move to Denver when I was living there. Who knew back then that we'd end up falling in love, marrying and having an amazing little baby girl??? We have three rescue pets: a dog (Boddington) and two rabbits (Sherman and Beatrix). Despite having a dog named after an ale and a husband who home brews beer, I am a full time drug and alcohol counselor (new job), and I have a part time therapy practice. My Irish great grandparents were born in New Foundland and my dream home would be in the White Mountains of NH with enough land to have a big garden.
    I'm also from Long Island!!!!! My name is Staci I'm 30 years old and DS is my first

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm in Southern NH, so North Conway is a bit of a hike for us.  It's funny, because every time you tell someone you live in NH, they think you have a huge spread and cattle, haha.  Where we live is more comparable to Massachusetts (we're less than an hour away from Boston).  We did just take a drive up the Kancamagus Highway last weekend and drove around N Conway for a little while.  It's beautiful up there, but we did discuss that we would never want to live there, LOL.  It's a little too boring for us, but I can definitely see the attraction.  I don't mind driving there when we want to get into nature.
  • imagekkchisholm:
    imagestoneycakes:

Where abouts in NH?! I have dreams of moving to north conway some day. All the hikes, rock climbing and skiing a family could as for!

Sorry, I was responding to your question in the above post.  Forgot to quote Embarrassed

• imagestoneycakes:
    imagekkchisholm:
    imagestoneycakes:

Sorry, I was responding to your question in the above post.  Forgot to quote Embarrassed

Haha, I am from Portland Maine and everyone thinks I have cattle too! I just love NH! Before LO we drove 2 hours there to hike/ski/rock climb every weekend. I also went to college at Plymouth:) When I go to Portsmouth area I just feel like I'm in Maine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"