Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Losing my mind

My baby cries constantly when she is awake. All of her needs are met. I don't what's wrong. I seriously am losing my mind.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Losing my mind

• Hugs! This too shall pass. Sorry you have to go through that. I don't have any advice but try to get as much support as you can. Hope your husband is helpful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is me too. He's been at it for 4 weeks now. I'm calling the pediatrician tomorrow to rule out any causes. I refuse to believe they cry for no reason. I could see have a fussy time of day but not all day every day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Put her in a safe place and walk away for five minutes. Hang in there, it will get better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sorry dear!  Hope it passes quickly!
  • Have you tried the 5 s's?

Swaddle

Side/Stomach laying

Swinging

Shhh-ing

Sucking (finger/pacifier)

(All at once?) 

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsmozak:
    This is me too. He's been at it for 4 weeks now. I'm calling the pediatrician tomorrow to rule out any causes. I refuse to believe they cry for no reason. I could see have a fussy time of day but not all day every day.

We have tried gas drops, gripe water, Zantac, three different types of formula, swinging, swaddling, not swaddling. All of her needs are met so I refuse to believe she is crying all day for no reason! Good luck to you! I hope we can both figure it out because I have never been so stressed and felt so inadequate in my entire life!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemrsmozak:
    This is me too. He's been at it for 4 weeks now. I'm calling the pediatrician tomorrow to rule out any causes. I refuse to believe they cry for no reason. I could see have a fussy time of day but not all day every day.

We have tried gas drops, gripe water, Zantac, three different types of formula, swinging, swaddling, not swaddling. All of her needs are met so I refuse to believe she is crying all day for no reason! Good luck to you! I hope we can both figure it out because I have never been so stressed and felt so inadequate in my entire life!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This was my first dd. Is the crying all day or just certain times of the day? My daughter was like this for 4 months. Good luck, ask for help from a friend or neighbor you can trust, when you need a break.
  • Take the baby out for a car ride, that used to put my daughter right to sleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know what you are feeling, my now 22 month old was colicy from 3 weeks till 5 months. We spent our days moving constently with him in a pack.   He had gas issues and it really effected his day.  I read that the chiropractor can help although it didn't help us.  I also tried gripe water, cycling his legs, baby massage and burping quite often during before and after feedings. We finally found a product called Colic Calm that is a natural medication for colic.  This made all the difference,  Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you. 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me three.  She's upstairs screaming in her bassinet right now I couldn't let her scream in my face any longer and didn't know what else to do.  My neighbors hate me.
  • I was there with you at 3 wks, 6 wks & when she got her 2 month shots,,, 

I already barely remember it even though it felt endless. Does holding help? 

• It's hard when you don't know what to do for your little one. 

Try this - swaddle her tightly and give her a binky. Then lay her in her down in her swing or something and turn on the vacuum. I know it sounds crazy but it worked for my first born who had colic. 

• Colic is a b$tch. I'm so sorry. My first had colic and it was so awful. Like you, we had tried everything, even the $30/can formula. Nothing helped. They eventually outgrow it but until then, it's just so hard and draining. It took until my first was about 4 months to start seeing an improvement and by 6 months she was a great baby. 

Do you have a good support system? People that can take the baby for a couple hours so you can get a break? Or just a place to go so someone could give you a hand?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • We all have days like this, unfortunately some of us more than others. DS was doing this too, for at least four hours straight each day, until I brought it up to his pediatrician, who diagnosed him with reflux (he could hear the milk coming back up his throat during the appointment - I had just fed him). He prescribed Zantac and he's been much better ever since. We also give him gripe water from time to time for colic because he's really gassy. Have you tried gripe water? Maybe her stomach is upset? It's all natural - the one I have is just fennel, ginger, and chamomile. It calms him right down.

I agree with PPs. Definitely put her down for a few minutes, walk into another room, and take a few minutes to yourself. She'll be okay to cry for a few minutes. If I put DS down while he's screaming and just give him a few minutes, when I pick him up, he's calms down much quicker because he's been waiting for me to pick him up (just a few minutes, don't let your newborn CIO).

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I'm sorry....

We are having the same issue.  He is changed, fed, bathed, warm, etc and he still screams.  If he isn't sleeping, he is very unhappy.

He is now on Zantac and I stopped BFing and he is on alimentum.  It is slightly better, but I did cry myself to sleep last night.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I was right there with you up until about the 8 week mark. He still has his moments, but now he will happily lay on his playmat and play by himself (or with me talking to him) for about 30-45 mins before the fussing begins again. I have to constantly walk around the house bouncing him vigorously in order to prevent the fussing once he gets in one of his moods. Also, I discovered that fussiness often= tired and if I can get him to sleep, he usually wakes up in a much better mood that lasts quite a while

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"