Single Parents
Options

Need suggestions

Okay so I have a two-door car and im in the market to buy a 4-door before baby gets here. Any suggestions on 4-doors that are safe and reliable..preferable a suv type vehicle. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need suggestions

• Options
    The Jeep Patriot is awsome.. 4 door, 4-wheel drive and a 4 cyl!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just downgraded from an SUV to a ford fusion and i love it.  awesome on gas, not to expensive and has a huge trunk for a sedan
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not sure of your budget but for an SUV I suggest the BMW X5 or the Acura MDX. Both are mid-sized so finding on street parking isnt a big deal, both are good on gas milage ($60ish filled up my tank) and have a lot of space in the car as well as in the trunk. Both ride like a dream and in my experience required minimum maintainence. The only downside I can think of regarding the X5 is if something breaks that isnt covered it costs a lot of money to replace if you go to BMW... if you have a mechanic you may be able to work something out.

If you want a sedan I recommend a Honda Accord for the same reasons as above and also bc they are built to last. Repairs arent that expensive and they are quite reliable.

I also hear a lot of people sewar by Subaru's so you may want to look into that also.

Good Luck!

• Options
    I just got a 98 Subaru Forester. I love it, its not really an suv but it feels like one.  Its my second Subaru and now its the only type of car I will drive. I love it because I do feel safe in it and they drive really well and they last for ever. My car is already 14 years old and it doesnt feel that way either. Granted it only has 86,000 miles on it but it runs fantastic. My first one was around 14 years old as well and had 150+ and ran even better.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made it past my goal I nursed for 1 year and 6 weeks! Im so proud of myself!
  • Options
    I just got a Mazda 5. Its a super mini van:) It seats six and has the sliding doors. I LOVE IT!.
  • Options
    I drive a van but my gf has a 2005 jeep grand cherokee. Its a great height to get the seat in and out, has good trunk space, has 4x4 and it looks nice..the great part is you don't have to buy the 'brand name' parts for it, you can buy the generic version for brakes and such which saves alot of money. I've always had a Dodge or Chrysler.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"