Babies: 0 - 3 Months

do I have to boil nursery water?

for my newborn? one book says you don't need to boil any water if your town water is ok ... and another book says boil all water used to make bottles regardless..so I have been boiling water in an electric kettle..but I got some nursery water because people said you don't have to boil it.

Just checking to make sure. I am not liking this conflicting info

Re: do I have to boil nursery water?

• thanks..it still says not sterile on the bottle though..that's ok? I thought the boiling was supposed to make the water "sterile" tho how sterile it will be is up for debate .... i mean the minute you open the kettle and start pouring it will be less sterile
  • Nursery water says in the bottle to keep it refrigerated, so I do that. But it is a pain bc I have to warm up the water to add the formula otherwise it doesn't dissolve. 

I don't boil it. 

DS was born in April 2012 at 31 weeks - 45 days in NICU
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope, you don't need to.
    m/c 2013
  • We don't boil it. And I didn't see anywhere is said to refrigerate it so its been sitting out and she drinks it room temperature. Although she very rarely has formula.
  • its just that the formula box says right on it to boil the water...so I guess no one follows the directions? I did put the nursery water in the fridge after...didn't know it would be hard to get the formula to disolve... grr... because if I take the jug out to sit and get it to room temp, then keeping it in the fridge is kinda moot, because you are taking it out, putting it back in, having it sit out etc. so it would have to be warmed in batches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"