2nd Trimester

Maternity scrubs??

I do not currently own any type of medical scrubs, so I don't know anything about them. My question is if they make maternity scrubs & if they are even necessary? What are the best brands?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Maternity scrubs??

• I'm confused. Is this for you to bum around the house in? Do you work in the medical field?
    BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm snooping around on the 2nd trimester board because I am almost there....I'm a nurse and there's only one brand that makes maternity scrubs and that is Cherokee.  There may be on other brand but it's not as widely known.  They look very plain and there's no variety so I'm just buying scrubs in size large, XL after that, and hopefully that will work out.,
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Cherokee. I have got some pants from there and they are nice cause they have the belly band in them.. plus I have cherokee scrubs that arent maternity and they are pretty good as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't buy maternity scrubs for my last pregnancy. I wore my regular drawstring pants, tied below my belly, a maternity tee and a scrub jacket unbuttoned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know they make them - I have heard of a few diffferent companies, but don't remember which ones.  I work in surgical pathology and my scrubs are supplies and washed by the hospital, so I am not planning on buying any of my own (also why I can't remember which companies make them).  I just plan on getting larger sizes as needed (they are all draw string and very roomy in the abdomin area to begin with)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am wearing them for the first time today and I can't believe I waited until halfway through my second pregnancy to get them.  I usually wear a petite small but they started to cut in when I sat down.  I went up to a petite medium and was swimming in them.  I ordered the maternity ones in a small and they are perfect (except I had to hem them but I'm used to that).  They fit perfectly and I like the flare at the bottom.  Not sure about the tops...I wear a maternity t-shirt with a white coat or scrub coat over it.  Cherokee was the only brand I could find.  Urbane used to make them but I assume the no longer do.  HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageemriley84:
    I didn't buy maternity scrubs for my last pregnancy. I wore my regular drawstring pants, tied below my belly, a maternity tee and a scrub jacket unbuttoned.

This. I was usually quite warm, so even short sleeve button top scrubs. I just needed the pockets! I did end up going up two sizes in pants, as I tend to gain in my thighs. I just bought pants from walmart to get me through each wash cycle.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yea I would like to know where to order them cause my company is doing all same scrubs now and I am running out of room up top :/ lemme know what ya'll find out
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageElocin:
    I'm confused. Is this for you to bum around the house in? Do you work in the medical field?

Seriously? LOL, yes, I'm going into the medical field. 

• imageUKBlondieGirl:
    I'm snooping around on the 2nd trimester board because I am almost there....I'm a nurse and there's only one brand that makes maternity scrubs and that is Cherokee.  There may be on other brand but it's not as widely known.  They look very plain and there's no variety so I'm just buying scrubs in size large, XL after that, and hopefully that will work out.,

Awesome, thank you! 

• imagedrpayne:
    I am wearing them for the first time today and I can't believe I waited until halfway through my second pregnancy to get them.  I usually wear a petite small but they started to cut in when I sat down.  I went up to a petite medium and was swimming in them.  I ordered the maternity ones in a small and they are perfect (except I had to hem them but I'm used to that).  They fit perfectly and I like the flare at the bottom.  Not sure about the tops...I wear a maternity t-shirt with a white coat or scrub coat over it.  Cherokee was the only brand I could find.  Urbane used to make them but I assume the no longer do.  HTH!

This is good to know. :) thanks!! 

• I wear scrubs everyday for work as I work in a medical setting.  They do make maternity scrubs, but the offerings are VERY limited.  What I've done is gone up one scrub size (I normally wear medium bottoms and large tops, I now wear large bottoms, and am JUST getting to the point where the large tops are getting a bit too small for me now so I have a couple of extra large tops).  If you want to go through the expense of it, feel free, but I figured I'll get more bang for my buck going up a size.  That way I can take them in post baby if needed. Hope that helps!

• imageemriley84:
    I didn't buy maternity scrubs for my last pregnancy. I wore my regular drawstring pants, tied below my belly, a maternity tee and a scrub jacket unbuttoned.

This is what I plan on doing also.  I just bought some basic maternity t's through old navy since they are having a good sale right now.  I will just wear a button up short sleeve scrub top over, because like another poster I need my pockets! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just wrote a post about this a few weeks ago! I just bought both of these and especially for the urbane ones...I can't believe they aren't maternity! Crazy comfy and I think they should fit forever!

https://www.scrubsandbeyond.com/Urbane-Sport-knit-roll-top-scrub-pants-92325.html 

https://www.scrubsandbeyond.com/Scrub-Works-knit-waist-scrub-pants-92248.html

My little boy: 3/8/13
    Baby #2 due 8/17/17 
  • imagedenison2:

I just wrote a post about this a few weeks ago! I just bought both of these and especially for the urbane ones...I can't believe they aren't maternity! Crazy comfy and I think they should fit forever!

https://www.scrubsandbeyond.com/Urbane-Sport-knit-roll-top-scrub-pants-92325.html 

https://www.scrubsandbeyond.com/Scrub-Works-knit-waist-scrub-pants-92248.html

Awesome! Thanks! 

• I've been wearing Koi brand drawstring pants not sure if this is a Canadian brand or not and they are so soft comfy! They also have a TON of pockets, enough that I have been able to retire my toosmall prepregnancy scrub tops in favor of plain maternity tshirts, without sacrificing pocket space! The Koi pants are not maternity, but have elastic as well as a drawstring, so no droopy drawers for me : They honestly look like really cute cargo pants!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTaylersMommy:
    I've been wearing Koi brand drawstring pants not sure if this is a Canadian brand or not and they are so soft comfy! They also have a TON of pockets, enough that I have been able to retire my toosmall prepregnancy scrub tops in favor of plain maternity tshirts, without sacrificing pocket space! The Koi pants are not maternity, but have elastic as well as a drawstring, so no droopy drawers for me : They honestly look like really cute cargo pants!

Yes 

• I buy a lot of my scrubs from Jasco and I usually buy them a bit bigger to begin with. I was able to use most of my scrubs through my first pregnancy and I am doing pretty well this pregnancy with the fit (I am 25 weeks). Don't waste your money on maternity scrubs.
  • I just bought scrubs a size bigger than what I normally wear.  They are working fine, but I wish there were more tailored ones for pregnancy because these look like there is too much fabric in some spots. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"