February 2013 Moms

We are on Team....

BLUE!!!  I CANNOT believe it!  My family has no boys so everyone is super duper surprised and excited!  Now I am super paranoid that the tech was wrong.  It seemed super obvious, but it just seems so impossible that I don't think I will believe it until I see it in 3D or even in person.  I have Kaiser and unfortunately they have a rule that they won't give you a picture of baby's private parts, so I don't have anything to share.  Is it more likely to hear boy and end up with a girl?  Or more likely to hear girl and end up with a boy? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We are on Team....

• By 18 weeks, if they're saying boy I would be confident that you've got a boy :) 

If your ultrasound was at or before 14w, both sexes still have a bit of a nub and the tech can misjudge it - but by 18w, a penis is a penis is a penis ;) The only scenario where they might get that wrong is if baby has his umbilical drooped between his legs. 

The sex is determined by your partner's sperm anyway, so your own family history has very little bearing on whether or not you have a boy - the only time it would is if your family has some kind of seriously heavy ph balance issues making your insides especially acidic, which often kills off the Ys and allows only Xs to survive... but that's certainly very uncommon.  

image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Thanks ladies!  We definitely saw all the stuff down there so I'm sure it's right!  My husband is very proud of himself right now.  :o

And I just realized I said "super" like 3 times in my original post.... :o)  Obviously I'm excited.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Aww congratulations!!! I would think by now, your pretty safe going with what the tech said about it being a boy! Celebrate being team blue!
  • yay congrats!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yay!

Boys are so stinky, and messy, and fun! :) 

• YAY welcome to team BLUE. I feel the same way now. I just had an u/s on Thurs with my high risk OB and the tech said she thought it was a boy and right after the OB came in and said the same thing and I'm pretty sure I saw his little man part. But this morning DH said do you think he was sure its a boy. So now it makes me doubt. We have an appointment with my regular OB on Tues so after she confirms it, then I think all my doubts will go away. I secretly really want a boy so I am thrilled for team blue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"