January 2013 Moms

Anyone else get a new EDD?

We had out a/s on Wednesday and found out we are having a baby girl and that everything looks great! YAY!! The tech said that she is measuring about 2 weeks ahead about 24 weeks instead of 22 and that she was going to change my due date. So now we are expecting on Jan 1 instead of Jan 11! We go back in 4 weeks to confirm (which is also fun because I didn't expect to see her again until she gets here). Did anyone else get a new due date after their a/s?

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg BabyFetus TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone else get a new EDD?

• imageELL31310:
    We had out a/s on Wednesday and found out we are having a baby girl and that everything looks great! YAY!! The tech said that she is measuring about 2 weeks ahead about 24 weeks instead of 22 and that she was going to change my due date. So now we are expecting on Jan 1 instead of Jan 11! We go back in 4 weeks to confirm (which is also fun because I didn't expect to see her again until she gets here). Did anyone else get a new due date after their a/s?

Normally an u/s this late in pregnancy isnt very accurate for dating. Our LO was measuring a little over a week ahead and I begged to leave my EDD alone. I dont want to be forced to have an induction because they move my EDD up based on an u/s that is known to not be very accurate with dating....

Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemrsodonnell12:

imageELL31310:

Normally an u/s this late in pregnancy isnt very accurate for dating. Our LO was measuring a little over a week ahead and I begged to leave my EDD alone. I dont want to be forced to have an induction because they move my EDD up based on an u/s that is known to not be very accurate with dating....

This.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Loading the player...
  • Do you have any reason to think your original due date was wrong? LMP, early dating u/s?

I side eye doctors who change EDD based on just an u/s later in the pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We also found out that we are measuring 2 weeks ahead, but my doctor does not believe in changing dates past the first tri.  As PP said, late US are not reliable for dating.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• imagebearkatjen:
    Do you have any reason to think your original due date was wrong? LMP, early dating u/s? I side eye doctors who change EDD based on just an u/s later in the pregnancy.

This.  Ugh this drives me crazy.  Do not let them start talking induction come January 1.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedrpayne:

imagebearkatjen:
    Do you have any reason to think your original due date was wrong? LMP, early dating u/s? I side eye doctors who change EDD based on just an u/s later in the pregnancy.

This.  Ugh this drives me crazy.  Do not let them start talking induction come January 1.  

I agree with not changing bc my induction was pushed because they were flipping out about the "Date passing" when all things were looking great.  Just my opinion based on my experience.. 

Married 5/2/09 To my best friend 
    Lillianna Faith Born 8/26/10- My big girl kindergartner!
    Peach- MC 3/2012
    Logan Christopher Born 2/3/13- My little fighter, cardiac defects, 2 cancer scares and more surgery, tests, MRIs, cat scans, xrays than most people would have to face their whole life.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have no reason to believe me original due date is wrong. It was the u/s tech who changed the date and not my Dr. I plan on asking her about it at my next appointment in 3 weeks. I had thought about the induction thing, it is a concern to me and on that I will be asking about. I do not want to be induced and esp if there is a chance that im really only 38-40 weeks at the time and there is no actual reason. I would like LO to stay in there as long as possible to develop as much as she can (assuming there is no risk). Ive also wondered if my baby is just big! DH is 6'5" and was something like 21" and over 9 pounds when born. Thank you ladies for your input! I will definitely be talking to my Dr. about this!

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg BabyFetus TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wish my OB did this. He goes by my LMP (1/12), when I know that I O'd a week late and my dating u/s at 6 weeks showed that the due date should be (1/17). I brought it up to him, but he still won't change it. I am so annoyed because I do NOT want to be induced.

BabyFruit Ticker

• My OB has my due date 1/13. MFM (who, I believe, refuse to believe my OB simply because he worked for a different hospital) has my dd at 1/18. I'm not delivering with MFM, so 1/13 it is. Though my RCS is scheduled for 12/28.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Proud mama to a little boy with Horner's Syndrome and milk protein sensitivity, and a little girl with multiple food allergies. 
  • We also found out we were measuring a week ahead but our u/s technician said she's definitely not changing my due date. That normally means nothing at this stage and we know for sure when i conceived and when my LMP was. 

• imagemrsodonnell12:

imageELL31310:

I also agree with this. Just don't let them talk you into an induction based off this new due date. 

• imagemrsodonnell12:

imageELL31310:

YUP, THIS!!! Most Dr's will tell you that whatever is the earliest u/s you get, thats the date they'll keep. Once you get further along, things like genetics become a factor and can affect your EDD (bc if baby is going to be a big baby, its not going to change the gestation age of the fetus. he/she will just measure further ahead bc they are bigger than the average). When they are 6weeks old, a 6wk fetus looks exactly the same as any other 6wk fetus. So its VERY accurate. case in point...My son's RCS was my actual due date (my dr doesnt like to do the 1-2weeks ahead of time so that in the CHANCE of a miscalculation, baby doesnt get evicted too early). The day i went in for my RCS, i was already in active labor!!! Now THATS accurate lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My son was a big baby.  He was 9lb 13oz and 22" long when he was born.  My husband is 6'1" and I'm 5'8" and the OB took into account when doing the u/s that we are both tall.

Definitely speak to the OB about that. 

• Did the u/s tech change your edd or did your dr? When I go to the u/s place, their records show Im a week ahead of what I am based on the measurments at the nt scan, but with my dr my edd didnt change and thats what matters.

Like pp's said, I hope they dont try to induce you based on the new date.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagemrsodonnell12:

imageELL31310:

This exactly. Our LO measured a little over a week ahead, but I'm 100% positive about my O day. Thankfully, they did not want to change my EDD. DH is 6'1 and I'm 5'9. He was a 10 pounder, I was 7.6. I think we've just realized we're probably going to have a big baby.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"