February 2013 Moms

Three Things Thursday

1. Monday is the Jewish New Year. DH and I are flying to my hometown on Sat and spending it with my family. I am super excited because this is the first time they have seen us since finding out about the pregnancy. They are all so excited and happy for us - I know this weekend is going to be awesome. (Plus I get one of my mom's awesome dinners!)

2. I packed a very healthy lunch, but lunch in the cafeteria at work is sesame chicken. I might have to check that out.

3. The lunch I packed is a recipe from Pregnancy Nutrition for Dummies (or something like that). It's potatoes, corn and ground beef all cooked in tomato soup for 1.5 hours in the oven and I LOVE it! Next time I make it I'll use less potatoes and more meat, but I've been eating all week and it is so filling and easy on my stomach.

Married 2/15/09, BFP #1 02/03/12 - EDD 10/13/12, Missed M/C 03/15/12@9w5d (measuring 8w3d) They weren't kidding when they said "Beware the Ides of March" Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 06/13/12 - Emily Samantha born on Feb 9, 2013!

Re: Three Things Thursday

• 1. Drank coffee for the first time in months...it was glorious.

2. I am finally starting to gain weight now that I have an appetite and MS is down dramatically

3. I popped!

• Your lunch sounds great!  I am looking forward to making more stews and soups as the weather gets colder.

My three things:

1. I'm going to a breastfeeding group meeting tonight with my friend, who's due in a month or so.  I don't know anything about breastfeeding, so I might as well start learning now!

2. The new Ben Folds Five album comes out on Tuesday.  I can't wait and love the fact that they are back together!

3. We attended an info session at a pediatrician's practice on Monday and I LOVE them.  The practice is beautiful and the providers are really friendly and knowledgable.

• Loading the player...
  • 1.  I got my Lo1's new bedroom painted yesterday!

2.  I have my ultrasound next Wed. and can't wait to see that new little one!

3.  My husband has a test for a new job next Tuesday and I hope he gets it!  He hates his job right now and comes home after working 12 to 14 hours a day 6 days a week and is a wreck.  I want my husband back.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Just made the most delicious omelette. Asparagus, broccoli and onion-very healthy! I am an omelette QUEEN.

2. I leave Saturday to fly to Colorado to go to my best friends' baby shower. She's 5 months ahead of me, I can't WAIT to see her!

3. I scheduled my a/s for two weeks from today, I'll be able to find out the sex then!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • That soup sounds good! Shana tova for the new year. My family is coming to me and I have a freezer stocked with food. I love feeding my family because they're impressed with my cooking.
    1. I sent a preggo pic to my bff she lives overseas but is coming in for a visit next week. Her reply: You're the cutest preggo! That made my day :
    2. I'm bored at work. I love what I do and I have to do this work but I just want to work on my thesis amd take a nap.
    3. We hired a doula for the price we wanted, not some ridiculous quote. I think DH is happier than I am!
    TTC 1: Off BCP late October 2011. BFP #1 Jan 2, 2012; EDD September 5, 2012; m/c Jan 12, 2012. BFP #2 June 14, 2012; EDD February 22, 2013.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    My super all about me birth story:
    Then: Fraternal twins born at 26 weeks in 1983. Me: 640 grams. Brother: 840 grams. Family kept watch in the NICU for 5 months before being allowed to go home. On oxygen for a year and a half after being released.
    Now: Me: PhD student and married. Brother: Lawyer and married.
    Dad's wedding speech: Thank you to all the family who stood watch and prayed for our children's survival. Well now the little scrawny chicken is married. Who would've thought? (Thanks dad for making me laugh and cry at the same time).
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1) I popped today!

2) I'm so stressed about daycare/babysitter situation I'm having small anxiety attacks

3) I need a big time nap, this head cold is killing me 

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • 1. I am in really weird moods lately ranging from frustrated, intense and ranting to calm and placid, an almost Keanu Reeves-like serenity. I'm also writing more than usual which is the good part. Go pregnancy hormones...

2. Cravings are getting the better of me. I went out of my way to the pub downtown just because I wanted fish and chips for lunch yesterday. And then I was craving Ben and Jerry's after someone mentioned it on here and I drove to the supermarket to get some at 10:15 last night. This morning I put cream cheese on a slice of DH's homemade sourdough because I was craving bagels too strongly to eat anything else. I am probably still going to go get a bagel since that slice of toast didn't quite hit the spot.

3. I am becoming increasingly obsessed with genealogy and generational theory. I suppose it is the only way I can express my strong nesting instinct (already present before pregnancy and now stronger) since we are staying temporarily with my family and I cannot really do much to this house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) I thought my allergies were going nutso, but I'm starting to think it's a cold coming on. My throat is all BLAAAH, and I've had a sinus headache off and on for a week. DD is not doing much better :-(.

2) Someone posted about a tomato soup and now I want soup SOOO badly!! I've been wracking my brain trying to think if there's anything in my pantry that I could use to make some.

3) DH and I have not been on a date alone since probably around April. We are going to San Marcos, TX for my friend's wedding in a couple of weeks and DD is staying w/ my sister (hopefully) for a whole weekend.  It'll be the first time we've left her that long. I'm a little nervous, but mostly I am looking forward to it so much!! 

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • 1. I bought pears, apples, and baby carrots at the grocery store today in an attempt to get some healthier stuff in the house. I did eat a pear at lunch, but then followed it with Cheese Nips and an Airhead. I couldn't help myself.

2. I do not think I am a very cute pregnant lady. My acne has been really bad almost since I found out I was pregnant, and my "bump" still just looks mostly like fat. 

3. I wore maternity jeans for the first time this week and didn't really like them. They felt almost too tight around my belly, even with the stretchy material. I'm pretty sure I will be living in sweatpants unless I have to go somewhere for the majority of this pregnancy. 

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

1.  My DH and I made sweet potato pancakes and eggs this morning, so yummy!!
    2. We have our A/S next Wednesday and I CAN'T wait!!!!! My MIL will be visiting so it should be really fun to see the baby, and hopefully find out the sex!
    3. We got the nursery painted yesterday, it looks great. It was such a fun experience to be painting, a nursery, for OUR baby.
    4. 1.  As of today ive gained 3 pounds the past 3 weeks, still 6lbs shy of my pre-baby weight but im getting there.

2.  Walking back from the cafeteria at my work I got 3 random compliments on my outfit (almost daily now I get compliments on my outfit now that I am in maternity clothes, i really didn't think that my pre-baby wardrobe was THAT bad)

3.  T-6 days until we find out if our baby will be names "Jay" or "Jenna"

5. 1) I keep looking at my DS and thinking about how I was feeling this time last yr, just 3 weeks before his birth, and how worried I was that I wouldn?t love him enough. What did I know?? I wasn?t yet a mother! and yes it is true in my case, that I just love him more and more every day. And to think he is nearly a year old!!

2)Am having those same feelings about this little girl. Will I love her as much as my son?  It doesnt seem possible to have that much love, and then be able to double it?? Crazy! Now that she is wriggling about most of the time she is on my mind alot more. 

3)The weather is cooling now and I can feel summer drawing to a close. It?s fun to think that the next time I will feel the really hot sunny days Delilah will be here to share them with us. I?m not wishing this autumn and winter away tho - I love being pregnant and it will be fun to see how that goes thru the winter.

6. image101Mims:

2)Am having those same feelings about this little girl. Will I love her as much as my son?  It doesnt seem possible to have that much love, and then be able to double it?? Crazy! Now that she is wriggling about most of the time she is on my mind alot more. 

I wonder this all the time, too. I keep looking at DS and I don't know how I could love someone else as much as I do him. My mom says every baby brings its own love, though, and I know she's right. It is crazy to think about!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
    7. 1. I did strength training after skipping last week. All I can say is OUCH! 2. Baby for sure started moving this week. It's the most amazing thing to me. It still doesn't seem real, but we get to see baby again on the 25th. 3. I am in a cooking/baking mode. I can't stop thinking about all the foods I want to make, but it's just me and DH...so much food would go to waste. I think I need to hit up a buffet lol.
      Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
      image"">
      imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    8. imagesragreen:
      1. I did strength training after skipping last week. All I can say is OUCH! 2. Baby for sure started moving this week. It's the most amazing thing to me. It still doesn't seem real, but we get to see baby again on the 25th. 3. I am in a cooking/baking mode. I can't stop thinking about all the foods I want to make, but it's just me and DH...so much food would go to waste. I think I need to hit up a buffet lol.

Perfect excuse for a party!

Married 2/15/09, BFP #1 02/03/12 - EDD 10/13/12, Missed M/C 03/15/12@9w5d (measuring 8w3d) They weren't kidding when they said "Beware the Ides of March" Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 06/13/12 - Emily Samantha born on Feb 9, 2013!
    9. My three things are two bad things & one really awesome thing

1. DH, DD & I live with my parents.. things have been really bad between us lately.. for example an almost screaming match w/ my parents & I last night after they freaked on me for not answering a question immediately when I was on the phone w/ an important call. They were really hurtful towards me, I got upset, which to them is ridiculous and it progressed from there. DH is looking for a 2nd job, i've been applying at jobs for him. My parents are very mentally & verbally abusive, my father was physically abusive up until I turned 18 and he could get arrested. We need to get out of here, it's not healthy for our DD. But we are not financially acceptable to people we talk to about renting from and we also have two dogs : (

2. I have been really down as of late because i'm stuck in the house all the time. DH & I were spending a lot of time w/ my cousin & her bf but they stopped hanging out with us almost a month ago, they don't answer our texts about hanging out & they deny they're mad at us. So we've been really lost as to what is going on with that. I just have been extremely stir crazy and its making me sad a lot of the time.

3. On a very exciting note... DD is doing amazing with potty training. I let her run around in panties and she is excellent with peeing on the potty. She has had some oops with going poop though, she mostly has an accident and then finished on the potty but we're working on it! We are SOOOO proud of her!! next I need to wean her from breastfeeding and get her to sleep in her own bed lol. 

PS. I am sorry I shared such crazy info in #1&2... but it felt good to get it out. I don't have anyone to talk to about it besides hubby and I don't like to unload on him all the time.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    10. imagenattuckysmom820:

PS. I am sorry I shared such crazy info in #1&2... but it felt good to get it out. I don't have anyone to talk to about it besides hubby and I don't like to unload on him all the time.  

I totally empathize with your situation. DH and I are at my mom's and have been since April. My mom is totally mental and believes her sick behavior is healthy, good and even helpful. I just have to lean on DH and keep reminding myself that this too shall pass.

We have not had any trouble finding a place but came here before we even conceived our child in order to save a bit of money to go on a long trip. So we have resigned to stay here until we meet our financial goal (hopefully before mid-November).

I hope things change for you soon. But sooner or later, your situation will be temporary as long as you keep punching. Good luck and stay strong!

This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "