Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Sing-a-long music - need recommendations

I am looking for a good sing-a-long CD to play in the car for DD.  She really likes music now and I suck at singing a capella.

I have been disappointed once when I bought a CD in store that promised well known songs sung by children.  I recognized most of the song names and bought it.  It sounded like it was recorded in a small bathroom with kids sort of singing (mostly mumbling and didn't know the words) - oh and not to forget...they were British kids. 

I am hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.  What music do you play for LOs that they like but doesn't drive you crazy. 

TIA

Re: Sing-a-long music - need recommendations

• Options

I usually look to things that were popular when me and my husband were younger.  My DS loves songs sang by Raffi, or Sharon, Louis and Bram.  

What to most seems annoying, but I can tolerate is Barney.  He loves all the songs sung by Barney.

• Options
    We got the Wee Sing collection for songs and they are all songs I knew and was able to sing along with. I like it because the accompanying music is nice - not just little kids singing, but a nice variety of instruments and styles.
    image        image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also recommend Raffi (I even remember some of them from when I was young)! And my friend raves about Laurie Berkner but I don't have any of her songs downloaded yet.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • Options
    Another vote for Raffi - we also have a double cd set of kids songs to funky beats, the kids LOVE it, especially The Ants Go Marching rap, haha. I'll check out the name and post it after I go out to my car Smile
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageamr1218:

I have been disappointed once when I bought a CD in store that promised well known songs sung by children.  I recognized most of the song names and bought it.  It sounded like it was recorded in a small bathroom with kids sort of singing (mostly mumbling and didn't know the words) - oh and not to forget...they were British kids. 

Hahahaha....was it The Countdown Kids?  I bought that stupid CD at Wal-Mart and it's making me INSANE.  My son loves it though.  I can't believe how much he loves it.  I want to throw it out the window.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I just got DS one of the Wee Sing cds, and he likes that. It's the same as one I had when I was little, so I don't find it annoying because I remember the songs.

I have a Laurie Berkner cd (Best of Laurie Berkner Band, I think) and I can only stand about half the songs. I like "We are the Dinosaurs" and "Boots."

I also got a Little People cd and find it a bit obnoxious.

I used to listen to Raffi when I was a kid, so I keep meaning to buy some of his music, but haven't gotten around to it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We like Laurie Berkner, Milkshake Band, Lunch Money, Roger Day and there are a few good Caspar Babypants songs as well. I have the Wee Sing christmas for Christmastime, and I'm betting other Wee Sing Kids are good as well. I just don't really want to listen to Old MacDonald or Itsy Bitsy Spider in the car!

We borrow a lot of Kids Cds from our public library!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We got some from the library. So far they are all horrible, so I'm glad I didn't buy them! I got the best of disney CDs (well the first 2 volumes) and we like those.
  • Options
    Baby genius was the name of the other CDs we have. DD already knows the Pledge of Allegiance and My Country Tis Of Thee from it : haha. I think I got it on amazon or maybe target, no idea, but they love the remixes. I didn't particularly care for the pledge as a song/talk/song, but she learned from it so it's all good.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Elizabeth Mitchell Lisa Loeb. iTunes or amazon will have them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"