September 2012 Moms

foley bulb induction?

I know I read a birth story or two with foley bulbs, but I can't remember who posted it. I did google-search the bump, which was pretty helpful, but I'm hoping that some of y'all might have experience with it.

I'm pretty effaced but not dilated, so they want to put a foley bulb in the night prior to induction. I'm going to ask more about it at my appointment tomorrow, but I'm not really sure why the bulb rather than cervadil...? I'm also really nervous that they won't be able to get it in, given my lack of dilation and posterior cervix. 

TIA for any insight/experience y'all have.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: foley bulb induction?

• My hospital doesn't use cervadil so I had a Foley bulb. I was 1cm and 50 Percent effaced when then put it in and it took 2 hours for it to fall out. Once you get to three centimeters it falls out.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• I think that cervadil ripens the cervix while a foley bulb manually dilates it. I'm not 100 sure, though.

I had a foley with DD1, and it got me to a 4 with very minimal cramping; in fact the most uncomfortable part was the tape that stuck it to my leg.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one with DD and I was 1cm when they put it in and it came out in like 10 mins for me and I was 4cm. IMO The cervidil was worse as far as discomfort of insertion lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is all so helpful to hear. Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"