Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Has anyone else not start their period yet??? It's been FOREVER!

My LO just turned one on Sunday.  I am still breastfeeding and I haven't started my period yet.  I was just wondering if anyone else hasn't started and it's been this long?  Sometimes my mood is like I have started but without you know what.  It's been SO LONG!!!  LOL!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Has anyone else not start their period yet??? It's been FOREVER!

• I haven't either. I'm dreading when it does come back, I've forgotten what it's like!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKaeldrasmommy:
    I haven't either. I'm dreading when it does come back, I've forgotten what it's like!

Me too!  I'm thinking since I haven't in so long that it's going to be terrible and hurt bad!  LOL!

• Loading the player...
  • mine has not. my son is 9 months, I BF. I also have an IUD.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Not here! Not that I'm complaining...

DS is 11 months old and I still BF.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm still waiting too.

Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No period here.  I'm still breastfeeding my 11 month old.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Same here, DD is 10.5 months old and I still bf her 4 times/day.

Baby #1: m/c at 5 weeks (2011)
    Baby #3: missed m/c found at 11.5 weeks (2013)
    Baby #4: missed m/c at 10 weeks (2013)
    Baby #5: m/c at 6 weeks (2014)
    Baby #6: Saw a heartbeat at 7w, baby stopped growing at 7w1d, found at 8w u/s : d&c  (2014)

Hoping for my lucky #7 (one last try!)
  • Nothing here yet either. We are still BFing. I like to think of it as one of the sweet rewards for BFing so long. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Still without a cycle here, after DD1 it waited until she was 16mo.
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• I stopped BFing at 6 months (not by choice) and switched back to a 2 hormone BC pill a month later. I got my first period when my daughter was 8 months and let me tell you...it was like I was giving birth all over again. Not to freak anyone out, but the cramps were like the nightmare pain of labor. Okay, maybe I'm over exaggerating, but seriously all I could think of was omg I'm in labor again. It was just a cruel reminder of what happened the last time my body bled!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i just got my first one and LET ME TELL YOU GIRL it f*cking sucks haha. the first 2 days i was no joke, in bed all day. i felt so sick i wanted to die. my cramps were out to get me. i hated being pregnant with a passion but oh man was it awesome not having a period.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecrh1221:
    I stopped BFing at 6 months (not by choice) and switched back to a 2 hormone BC pill a month later. I got my first period when my daughter was 8 months and let me tell you...it was like I was giving birth all over again. Not to freak anyone out, but the cramps were like the nightmare pain of labor. Okay, maybe I'm over exaggerating, but seriously all I could think of was omg I'm in labor again. It was just a cruel reminder of what happened the last time my body bled!

It's not just the first one...  It takes about a year for them to regulate back to "normal"...  I had AF back and consistent/normal for times, but basically had to write off three days at the start of each bleep'n one because of the flood gates, then suddenly, she stopped..  Now I'm sitting here in a holding pattern with BFN's and almost 3 weeks late and having PG symptoms (had to go back into my nursing bras ARGH!)... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I stopped b-feeding when my son was 7 months (not by choice).  I went on a regular bc pill when he was 9 months, now its a month later and I should have gotten my period last week but nothing?  I took 3 pregnancy tests all negative. Should I call doc just be sure?
  • imageway21:
    I stopped b-feeding when my son was 7 months (not by choice).  I went on a regular bc pill when he was 9 months, now its a month later and I should have gotten my period last week but nothing?  I took 3 pregnancy tests all negative. Should I call doc just be sure?

I would call the doc just to ask if it was normal.  Let us know what they say.  Good luck!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"