Multiples

Groin pain

I recently started having groin pain, and it hurts ALL the time! Anyone else have this? Tips for relief? I don't remember having this with my daughter
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Groin pain

• I've had it since about 24 weeks. It has gotten worse - to the point now that I can't walk without holding onto something! What helped me was taking a bath and resting as much as I can. It is a little easier to walk after I take a bath so I have been taking one daily! 
    Extended version in my blog, but:
    TTC since 2004
    DX: Azoospermia
    3 unmedicated IUI's, 1 with Clomid - all unsuccessful. Moving on to DIVF #1-BFP 5dp5dt!!! 1st Beta 1/23- 269!! Beta #2 1/26 - 882!!! Beta #3 1/30- 4,250!!! 1st ultrasound 2/10 showed TWINS!!! Found out on May 2nd we are having BOYS!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, that is how I feel! Walking is terrible! Not sure how I'm going to make it till the end if I'm already this uncomfortable...I now understand why people have their docs sign them out of work around this time :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had it!  I used a prenatal cradle (support belt) and it helped a lot.  Sort of lifted my belly a bit so there wasn't so much pressure on my groin.
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

imageimage
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I could have wrote this same thing a couple weeks ago! It just started out of nowhere and stayed for a long time, but the good news is that's it's gone away (for now). It made walking nearly impossible and I felt like a cripple any time I tried to do anything, even rolling from side to side at night. Hot baths made it better for a short time, but that's about it. I tried stretches but that didn't seem to help me. Hopefully it goes away for you. GL!

• I got a support band and felt almost immediate relief!
    Teejaysee Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm going to have to try a support band because it is so painful I want to cry when I walk. I'm trying to stay active & keep working, but I don't know how much more I can take before I ask the Doc. to put me on bed rest so I don't have to move. Even switching sides while sleeping or sitting up hurts bad. I didn't have this with my first & I seriously thought there might be a problem with me or the baby.
  • I asked my Dr about this and she said it was normal but idk, it doesn't feel very normal to me to be in pain all the time. It doesn't happen when I'm sitting but its really painful to get, walk, bending to sit down. And when i switch sides in bed it feels like I'm being stabbed. I wish there was some relief! :(
  • jessican08jessican08 member
    edited October 2013
    The only "cure" is delivery unfortunately. I felt like someone kicked me with a steel toe boot down there - it hurt SO bad. And like ghores13 said, rolling over in bed was the.worst. I had to hold my breath to do it. An ice pack wrapped in a face cloth helped a lot when it got to be unbearable.
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had to get a support belt and it has helped a lot. The pain really sucks and I hope the belt can give you some relief.
    TTC since May 2010. DX Unexplained IF. IUI #1 in August 2012. Clomid, Menopur plus Ovidrel. BFN. IUI #2 in September 2012. Clomid, Menopur plus Ovidrel. BFN. IUI #3 in October 2012. BFN. IVF in April/May 2013. BFP with b/g twins! Due February 2, 2014. Thank you God!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"