3rd Trimester

Do i get another U/S ??

Just a quick question for you ladies whom are furthur along! I had my a/s at 20 weeks so that was my only tummy u/s so far, do i get another one at all? My boyfriend and I were talking about it and i'm  not sure!

TIA :) 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy calendar Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Do i get another U/S ??

• Depends on the doctor and your situation I think. For most I think the 20 week scan is the last scan unless they have concerns about growth, fluid or you have other health situations (like GD, etc.). HTH
    Lilly & Ryan 7/4/09 --- Lelia Noelle 11/29/10 --- Aerilyn Grace 11/3/12
    imageimageimageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have my last one at 36 weeks. I know they'll use this to see about how big baby is. But other than that I'm not sure of the purpose...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Depends on the doctor. I had one at 30 weeks and have another at 36 weeks. No major issues, just checking up. 
    BabyName Ticker
  • Depends on your doctor and insurance. With mine, the 20 week is the last one unless there is a medical reason for a later one. 
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • It definitely seems to depend on the doctor. I was wondering this exact same thing, so I asked my doctor at my last appointment. She said that we wouldn't have another one, unless I "really" wanted one. She said if I really wanted one, she could come up with a medical reason to get it done Smile

Also, she has a little portable one we can use in the office just to see the little guy, but it can't really show his size or growth, but it is just nice to see him sometimes. Since she has that little machine, we have already seen him about 5 or 6 different times. To get an appointment on the "fancy machine" as we call it, is what she would need to have a medical reason for.

• If we didnt have any problems 20 weeks would have been my last one.

• With my first 2 pregnancies I had 2 u/s each, my 3rd child I had 3-the last one being at 40+6 to see if he was 'done'...with this baby I've had 4 already and one more the first week of october to see if shes viable. It depends on the dr and if there's health concerns.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with PP that it depends on different doctors and situations.  For mine, I'm seeing a Maternal Fetus Medicine doctor as my ob for my high risk, mainly my age.  DH and I asked him at my last appointment if I need an ultrasound for my 3rd trimester.  My ob/peri then ordered one for us and it'll be this Friday. 
  • If baby and mom are healthy, not usually. 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Depends on the doctor. Mine does a 30 week u/s as well, but they are pretty generous with the u/s (I get one at 8, 12, 20, and 30 weeks).

• Thank you ladies! :) I will check up with my doctor tomorrow to see, just wanted to see how everyone elses' went! I just figured they needed to, to see how big he's growing! 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy calendar Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just found out today that I get another one at my 32 week appointment. Very unexpected as I thought the one at 20 weeks was the last one. But im very excited to see her again here soon!
  • With my first baby, I didn't have any ultrasounds after the anatomy scan.  This time, I'm with a different OB in the same practice; she does an additional ultrasound at 36 weeks to check the baby's positioning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetortuga47:
    Depends on your doctor and insurance. With mine, the 20 week is the last one unless there is a medical reason for a later one. 

This!  My last one was at 20 weeks, and unless there is any medical reason to do one within the next few weeks, I will not be having another. 

Stop by my blog @ When Regarding Ruffles! Cheers and High-Fives! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageAnniversary
  • In my office you get one to confirm dates at 8-10 weeks then the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks and a final scan at 38 weeks to check position of baby, placenta, and size. Unless you are having other issues of course.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"