Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone else's LO rub their face like crazy...

Since LO has discovered his hands, he's been sticking it in his mouth constantly and rubbing/hitting his face and rubbing his hair. I'm happy he is so fascinated with the hands but the face rubbing is driving me nuts because he constantly wakes himself up or prevents himself from falling asleep. When do they start getting more control of their hands?

Re: Anyone else's LO rub their face like crazy...

• Not Sure what the answer to your question is but my nine week old now sucks her hands and rubs her face too.
  • my 10 day old does this all day long..he even holds the paci in ...like he's always touching it...and his hands get in the way of the bottle when trying to feed him...he is all about eating his hands
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried swaddling him at night? That will keep his hands down and off his face.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagetonir319:
    Have you tried swaddling him at night? That will keep his hands down and off his face.

Yes we definitely swaddle at night but I don't swaddle for naps. But I just started puttin him in his crib for naps and I have to lightly swaddle him for this. Buy a light swaddle means his hands come out eventually and he starts his hand actions.
  • Swaddle for naps too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageesalyi:
    my 10 day old does this all day long..he even holds the paci in ...like he's always touching it...and his hands get in the way of the bottle when trying to feed him...he is all about eating his hands

Hahaha... his hands getting in the way of his bottle drives me nuts!!!  It's so funny though

LO has even started rubbing his eyes when he is super tired....crazy that an 11 week old does that!

I love watching him suck his hands though :)

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• We swaddle for naps and for bedtime. He is so busy with his hands that he would never get any good sleep unless we did swaddle him...and tight.

He just loves his hands!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"