October 2012 Moms

S/O FB: who the hell are you?!?

Just kidding. But all of the FB posts and the creation of a second/new October 2012 FB group got me wondering whether the posters on October 2012 are, for the most part, the same group of women who have been posting all year. Do more people post on FB and not on TB?! Since I am not in the FB group I can't speak to that, but it does seem to me that the group has gotten smaller and/or changed. WDYT? On a personal note I announced my BFP/have been on this board ever since I POAS :)
Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O FB: who the hell are you?!?

• I'm still here! :) been here since BFP... posting on both, figured it'll come in very handy to have multiple forms of communication with all of you when the 3am feedings start!

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • I never was in the other FB group, but saw I was invited to the new one, so now I'm in that. So I also can't speak to how many were in that group over being on this board. But yes, I've also been on TB October 12 board since I POAS :) I have noticed that a lot of girls who posted a lot in the beginning no longer do. No idea where they went!
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Loading the player...
  • is it different people?  I'm just worried that everyone will go over to FB and nobody will be on the bump.  As much as I love chatting with everyone, I don't feel comfortable with everyone knowing all the information about me that's available on FB.  I kind of like the anonimity of the bump!  I don't have to be embarassed about my questions! 

• I am not a member of iether of the FB groups, I didn't even know there were two, but I did think they "closed" the first one a while ago because it got to large. I don't wanna mix TB and FB. And to be completely honest.... I kinda hate FB right now and have been thinking about deleting my account so I would probably stay away from the groups for that reason as well. I have been posting on this board since my first trimester way back when. ;) 
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • I've been on here since the beginning! I didn't join the first FB group, because I felt I didn't know enough of you well enough. The second one I've now joined.
  • I've been here since POAS.  I don't plan on joining the FB page.  Don't like the idea of people knowing my real name, etc. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was a regular poster on TTGP and TTTC, but have been posting in Oct '12 since my BFP.  I plan to stick around, even if I do post on FB now, too :)

I've been wondering lately where some of our regulars have gone, too!  There were tons of ladies who I really enjoyed who seem to have disappeared.  I haven't seen them in a while, this was before the 2nd FB group got started.

• I imagine there are a number of women who had losses and never posted about it here...I know i did that w my m/c

• I'm wondering if we'll see a drop now the second fb group started up. I'm not in either, but I've noticed it tends to happen. I've been here since I got my bfp though might not have posted right away, since I was a bit hesitant after a loss.
  • I welcome internet distractions in its many forms. 

• I have been here since I POAS as well. I don't plan on going anywhere. I started the second FB group, but really hope it doesn't take people away from here.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelady dixneuf:
    I welcome internet distractions in its many forms. 

This made me lol.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I post in both TB and FB.  Since I tend to not have a computer but regularly use my phone TB mobile just kind of sucks lately and FB is just easier to navigate.  Everyone has their preference I guess :-)
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Can someone PM so I can get an invite to the FB group? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Camera Backup 11.28.07 130
  • I don't have a FB account and won't get one again so I'll be here for the long haul.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Oct Angel Babies
  • I've only really been posting on here for the past 4 months or so. I didn't bump much early on because being this is my third pregnancy I found a lot of the questions kind of "old" for me. I also never got into the "monthly" boards until this baby and am glad I did this time.

I think this FB group was started because sometimes its just easier from a mobile device. I joined because I figured I would be able to update from the hospital with pics a lot easier then on the bump. I'll definitly still be bumping as well though.

Forthe Pp that asked about joining the group, it says "closed" but o ly because that is the type of group, meaning only people that are members of the group can see your posts.  Anyway, here is the link, you can click the button to request to be a member and we will approve you:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/416252698433753/

• imageMelissaNY05:
    Can someone PM so I can get an invite to the FB group? 

This for me too. 

• imagemizjodi:
    I've been on here since the beginning! I didn't join the first FB group, because I felt I didn't know enough of you well enough. The second one I've now joined.

Yep, this is me too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker A true Tiger
  • I'm still here!  I've been here since I think about 4 weeks and never joined the first FB group.  I feel like now that I think about it, we have lost some people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • I haven't been posting as much lately...I'm still here, but frankly I'm bored with TB these days (no offense to you all, I'm just in a b!tchy mood). I also don't recognize a lot of the posters on here lately, even though I have been around since BFP. Mix that with the fact that the repetitive postings get annoying and you get more lurkers, less posters. Again, I'm in a terrible mood today and the stupid hormones are getting the best of me.
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• I have been posting here since I got my BFP and will continue to post here. I like FB, but I prefer TB.  I'm here for the long haul! :)
  • imagebellre:
    I haven't been posting as much lately...I'm still here, but frankly I'm bored with TB these days (no offense to you all, I'm just in a b!tchy mood). I also don't recognize a lot of the posters on here lately, even though I have been around since BFP. Mix that with the fact that the repetitive postings get annoying and you get more lurkers, less posters. Again, I'm in a terrible mood today and the stupid hormones are getting the best of me.

I've been posting plenty but I do get annoyed about not recognizing people, and the repetitive posts. Being a lurker and then coming around to announce the sex of your baby, the results of your GD test, and now the birth is going to annoy me.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageelfchique:

imagebellre:
    I haven't been posting as much lately...I'm still here, but frankly I'm bored with TB these days (no offense to you all, I'm just in a b!tchy mood). I also don't recognize a lot of the posters on here lately, even though I have been around since BFP. Mix that with the fact that the repetitive postings get annoying and you get more lurkers, less posters. Again, I'm in a terrible mood today and the stupid hormones are getting the best of me.

I've been posting plenty but I do get annoyed about not recognizing people, and the repetitive posts. Being a lurker and then coming around to announce the sex of your baby, the results of your GD test, and now the birth is going to annoy me.  

It seems like these kind of lurker posts tend to come in waves, IMO. I just skip right past them on the main page.

Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• I've been here since January, but don't post a whole ton. Plan to stick around though!
    Excited for baby #2!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kara Olivia, born 9/17/2012 at 37 weeks. 6 lbs 7 oz, 18 inches long

• I posted here and there in the beggining, but have been way more active the last couple weeks. Expect to see my around alot, I like this group of people!
  • imageelfchique:

imagebellre:

Yeah I agree. I just don't get why anyone would want to go and start posting those things when no one else knows who you are... I always look at those posts and think "huh?" and scratch my head trying to figure it out.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• imageMrs.RockyM:
    is it different people?  I'm just worried that everyone will go over to FB and nobody will be on the bump.  As much as I love chatting with everyone, I don't feel comfortable with everyone knowing all the information about me that's available on FB.  I kind of like the anonimity of the bump!  I don't have to be embarassed about my questions! 

I totally agree with you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • let's spice it up a bit then!

• I am only on here and not the FB group. I have been here from the beginning too.

• I've been here for quite some time... maybe 8 weeks on?
  • I've been here since my BFP as well, but I need distractions so I'm on the FB group as well. I do agree with PP about the lurkers and "newbies" this late in the game. I see people only have 1 post and it just so happens to be that one and I don't read the rest.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • I've been here from the beginning, plan to stay here.  I don't have a facebook account.  I fail at those type of things.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • imagenavy&violet:
    I've been here from the beginning, plan to stay here.  I don't have a facebook account.  I fail at those type of things.

I think not having a FB account means you're winning. 

• I've been on this board since I think 6 weeks in :) I was never able to get into the 1st facebook group, but I just joined the other one when it was formed. (I can't post pics or whatever from my phone so that's what I'm using the FB group for- plus the mobile TB site is annoying.)

However, the lurker posts annoy me too- Why would you wait until 8 months to introduce yourself when generally after 12 weeks your less likely to have to announce a loss? Especially if you're just going to post your GBS results or something.  I do feel like I know some of you almost personally just from reading various posts and the lurkers are kind of just there- it's hard to get excited for people who've never made their presence known til now.

It does seem like some people are missing- I wanted to ask about a couple of people, but I was scared if I did I'd find out that they had announced a loss a few months ago and I'd missed the post and then I'd just feel awful.

• I never joined the facebook group because I'm new to the bump and dont know many of you ladies. Although I love the advice you giveSmile

• I don't post on the regular since this is my second babe and I haven't had many questions yet. But I'm looking forward to seeing birth announcements coming up in the next few weeks!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm sticking around and I can't stand FB so I am not going anywhere. I too have been here since my BFP.
  • imagejessicaskyy:
    I've been here since POAS.  I don't plan on joining the FB page.  Don't like the idea of people knowing my real name, etc. 

I'm not leaving TB for the same reason.  I don't like a lot of personal information out there, TB keeps it fairly private unless I disclose the information.   

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelady dixneuf:

imagenavy&violet:
    I've been here from the beginning, plan to stay here.  I don't have a facebook account.  I fail at those type of things.

I think not having a FB account means you're winning. 

I agree...Could be because I also don't have a FB account Stick out tongue

• I've been on this BMB since pretty much the beginning (got my BFP around 3w3d) so a long time. Don't plan on leaving,just busy pretty soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"