April 2013 Moms

Days like these, I feel like a terrible mom.

I have no energy to spend with my DD, and just want to be sleeping.
I put her down for a nap 4.5 hours ago, and I don't want to wake her up yet.
Walking up the stairs makes me nauseous. I've thrown up everything I've tried to eat/drink today.  DD has an ear infection and is the crankiest little girl I've ever had.
I can't imagine what having 2u2 is going to be like if we're all sick.

I miss the support of my friends and family that I had last pregnancy.
Must push through.
Monday will be over soon.

Any other toddler moms that are expecting feel lazy with their first lately?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Days like these, I feel like a terrible mom.

• Don't feel too bad. Someone else on here threw up on her toddler this morning. But sorry you and DD are both under the weather. I have a cold, but it sounds like you are much worse off. Get some rest and feel better soon!
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • We all have Strep throat right now and because of this I have all of our Elmo dvd's memorized.

I hope you feel better soon!

• Loading the player...
  • I feel less bad, didn't throw up on her...yet.
    Thank you!

I hope you guys feel better too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry you are feeling poorly. I had a day like this yesterday - I never even got out of my pajamas. My daughter spent the day inside, watching movies, but I just couldn't muster up the energy to do anything. Every time I moved my head I wanted to hurl. Thank goodness today is a better day. I hope you and your baby feel better soon.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I feel your pain!  Its hard to be a pregnant mommy. 

4.5 hour nap??  Jealous!  My daughter has never taken that long of a nap, we are doing good to get 2 hours!

BabyFruit Ticker fallfun
  • I have been feeling better lately, but I felt like the worst mom ever for a while. I made less than healthy meals for DS because I just couldn't stomach cooking. I was so tired all the time that I just put on disney movies and he sat on the couch. I also had to leave him naked on his change table because I had to throw up after changing his poopy diaper.

It will get better, and she will never remember any of this. 

• Yep, there are days I'm a slacker mom and I just keep telling myself, it's not going to be like this forever. She'll get her fun mom back soon, I hope. I've been beginning to feel better so things are getting easier again. The weather is beautiful here so we spent an hour at the playground but there have been days I'm more of a lifeguard just watching my kid play than "mom".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am definitely a less fun mom now than usual. I work 9-3:30, though, so at least I can spend some of my day spacing out in front of a computer lol.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can relate! I worked night shift last night (6p-6a) and was hoping to get home and catch a quick DD got up & DH went to work, but I got held over an hour, by the time I got home it almost (ALMOST!) wasn't worth trying to sleep. DD woke up but the whole morning I was nauseated and exhausted so I didn't feel like doing much else other than sitting on the couch watching Doc McStuffins with her.

I miss my family support that I had too... this too shall pass!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I can relate! I worked night shift last night (6p-6a) and was hoping to get home and catch a quick nap DD got up & DH went to work, but I got held over an hour, by the time I got home it almost (ALMOST!) wasn't worth trying to sleep. DD woke up but the whole morning I was nauseated and exhausted so I didn't feel like doing much else other than sitting on the couch watching Doc McStuffins with her.

I miss my family support that I had too... this too shall pass!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"