November 2012 Moms

I Need Help...

I've had chest discomfort for about 18hours.  I know what acid reflux & indegestion feels like... its not that, I even took tums to make sure.  Last night it was a sharp pain in my sternum (babys not that high, he stays low), to the point where I thought it was my bra, so I took it off and nothing seemed to relieve it... when I finally got to sleep and woke up this morning, it was not so much sharp, but a dull pain. Now, when I got to work it was still there and when I went to walk to the bathroom (not far away, maybe 30feet) it shot back up to a sharp pain..

anyone have any ideas???

Also- I contacted my doctors office and spoke to a receptionist who didnt seem at all concerned or willing to pass my message along, just kept saying I was having acid reflux. 

Re: I Need Help...

• No idea, but I would call back and insist that the doctor or nurse calls you back if you are worried. 

From the way you are describing it I would wonder if it was a strained muscle or pinched nerve. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I get sharp gas pains that feel like that pretty much every evening. Maybe try some gas x and see if it helps. But if you are concerned, definitely insist to speak to a nurse.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you under any stress at all?

You are describing exacts what a stress attacks feels like to me. Mine are never during the stressful situation but rather after once I start to unwind from it. I usually don't even realize that I'm that stressed until I feel the pain. Looking back I'm usually like...yeah I guess I've had a lot on my mind/plate.

To me they feel like sharp pain in my sternum or that someone put a cement block on my chest

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • YES!

I have this pain right under my left breast, on my sternum, and it is what you describe except most of the day it is just numb.

Last pregnancy I asked my NP because towards the end it even hurt to laugh!! She said it was just heartburn, but seriously doesn't feel like that. I just went with it, she told me I could stretch my arms upwards to try to help it. I guess something to do with baby pushing all the organs around.

I didn't believe her when she said heartburn, but it didn't bother me after delivery, I am sad it came back this time, it sometimes even bothers me to lie down.

Sorry! I'm not helping just saying me too!

I may ask the dr Next week.  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • So I had a doctors appointment and he is saying it may be gallstones? Im going for a sonogram today to check. It's getting to the point it's uncomfrotable to sit so I'll be glad when they determine what it is!!! I also got some medicine stronger then tums. Thank you all for your inputs and personal experiences though! Made me feel like I'm not the only one
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"