Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What do you use for diaper rash?

My DD's booty is all red and has little bumps on it :(. What do you use? Or, should I call the pediatrician and ask? We have butt paste and Desitin that we were gifted, but is there something better?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: What do you use for diaper rash?

• We tried several kinds on DS when he was little and the only one we found to work well is A+D. Now with DD, it's still the only brand we use. It works great!
  • Triple Paste 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Triple paste.  It is the only thing that has ever really worked. It's expensive, but IMO, worth its weight in gold.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Super Duper Diaper Doo.... and then we switched to "green" diapers- the Attitude brand. Haven't had diaper rash since.

imageimage

• imagemorethancottoncandy:
    Triple paste.  It is the only thing that has ever really worked. It's expensive, but IMO, worth its weight in gold.

This, except I made my own. TheAnne posted a recipe on the September board a while ago. It was the only thing that cleared DS's rash up.

• Triple paste
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Butt Paste. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nothing works for my dd but aquaphor. Tons of it. Its amazing. Desitin seemed too strong & AD did nothing at all for her. 

• Our pediatrician prescribed hydrocortisone 1% cream for our baby's tush because her diaper rash was so bad. We had to use it twice daily. For other changes we used vaseline or butt paste. 
  • We love butt paste, its wipes off the easiest and works really well
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We haven't had any rash issues but I noticed her getting slightly red after antibiotics and more disposables than I'd prefer (we're mainly using cloth). We use CJ's BUTTer, in the stick form. It's like a glue stick to rub on the butt! It's cloth diaper safe and totally easy to use. They have a million different scents, we're currently using "monkey farts" and it's nice and banana-y and tropical-y. haha. 
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • i use mustela diaper cream . and havent had any rash or redness yet.. 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We noticed a huge difference by switching wipes!  Up & Up brand (the target brand) sensitive wipes work miracles!!!  We had tried the sensitive wipes in several other brands, but LO still had diaper rash.  We started exclusively using up & up as recommended by my sister and then used Desitin after every poo and her diaper rash is now gone and has not come back!  Also, our pediatrician told us to only wipe when your baby poos.  If they pee you can just blot the skin with the diaper since they absorb the moisture.  That also seemed to help a lot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS2 hasn't needed it yet but we've got Butt Paste for when he does. It worked great for DS1.
  • Butt paste!!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"