Multiples

Video monitors - Do you use them?

We bought the Motorola 2.8" screen monitor with an extra camera. I like all the features on it, except I *thought* it had a pan around feature, but you have to manually adjust it. Otherwise, I think it should work out okay. Do you have a video monitor? Like it? Was it  a waste of money? What kind was it?

Re: Video monitors - Do you use them?

• I love our monitor .. Our girls were in cribs at 4 months and I LOVE IT

they are now 13months and we still used it we have 2 story so if i am down and they are up i can see with out going up and in  their room 

we have the BabyTouch? Digital Video Monitor    

but they have a new one that you can tap in to your iphone and or computer also so if you are out you can check in wish that was avail when we got ours..

anyhow _ we love it  you can add cameras you can pan from using the hand held...  we were going to get another camera but we did not need to  and  we have it prctically on ceiling so we can see both girls in one shot ..

LOVE IT  

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • We have the Lorex with two camera's.  I don't think it pans.  We didn't use it until we moved the girls to cribs but once we did that - I really think it's great.  I keep the volume off b/c we are close and I can hear them but it's awesome to look at the camera and realize they are half asleep and whimpering versus they are standing up pulling on the curtain :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Summer Infant Digital Video monitor. We didn't have to buy the extra camera.  My husband set it up on a small shelf between the babies cribs and we can just move the camera back and forth and see both.  It works great!  It was a gift but I would have totally bought it myself!  I can't imagine not having it now. 
  • We have the same one you do. We have it positioned to see each crib. We use it everyday. I like to see who is awake and "how" awake they are. I've heard other people say they like them even more once their babies are toddler age to see what mischief is happening with two in the same room :)  

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagejcath:
    We have the Lorex with two camera's.  I don't think it pans.  We didn't use it until we moved the girls to cribs but once we did that - I really think it's great.  I keep the volume off b/c we are close and I can hear them but it's awesome to look at the camera and realize they are half asleep and whimpering versus they are standing up pulling on the curtain :)

We have the same one.  I like the Lorex although we've had issues with the handset connection to the base.  I love having a video monitor.  We didn't get it until the girls were probably over a year.  When they were babies, you don't have to worry about them moving around much and you can check on them without bothering them.  When they get older, it makes it much easier to see what they are doing (almost asleep vs. causing chaos. :-)  It's also fun to watch them play together in the mornings. :-)  

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• I've used two video monitors for twins - the Motorola MBP36 and the (cheaper) Infant Optics. Both have multi-camera capability and night vision, which is good. A nice feature of the Motorola is the ability to remotely pan/zoom/tilt the camera which is good if one of both of your little ones move around a lot in the crib.

Overall video monitors are great for peace of mind!  Grandma and Grandpa certainly wish they were around when I was little!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"