Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Birthday Party STRESS!!

I am wracking my brain trying to decide what to do for my son's 2nd birthday and I'm down to crunch time haha Everyone I ask tells me to take him to Chuck E Cheese but all the ones around me have gotten really trashy and ghetto (Detroit, MI + Surrounding Suburbs). Most of our friends and family don't have any kids or at least kids his age so I feel obligated to put something together that would please adults...it seems pointless to gather 20+ adults to an event that would please only 2 or 3 kids there. I thought about a dinner and I've been really excited to try the Rainforest Cafe but there's only one in MI and its almost an hour away which isn't feasible for me or friends/family. HELP! What did you guys do or are planning to do for your little ones?? TIA so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Birthday Party STRESS!!

• Options
    I would not have a party an hour away from where you and your guests live.

We are planning on renting the clubhouse in our subdivision. It has a nice kitchen and sitting area. Most of the kids we would invite live in our neighborhood.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Options
    Yea the Rainforest Cafe is definitely out even though from their website, it looks almost perfect! :( You're lucky that you have the option of rental space! My apartment doesn't have anything like that and my house is too small to host the event there. Thanks for the advice, good luck with your party!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love the Rainforest Cafe. They have one at Disney. We went there when we visited family last Feb. DS loved looking at all the animals!

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Options

Can you plan something at your house??? We did that for DS' 1st birthday (more adults then children) and it actually worked pretty well. You could still do a themed party and provide food and drinks.

• Options
    We had DS's first birthday at a local pizza place. They have a party room that is free as long as you buy their food. We got some good coupons and went to town. There were 5 kids that ranged from 1.5 yrs to 11 yrs. We got regular balloons and blew them up ourselves. The kids used them as balls in the room and had a blast. We made goodie bags for the kids with some bubbles, bouncy balls and m&ms. The kids ended up opening the bags while we were there and playing with that stuff too. It was super low key and easy.
  • Options
    Are you familiar with Shields restaurant...? They have a few locations in Metro Detroit. Some, or maybe all, of them have a party room and very affordable meal packages. We used one of their locations for both of the kids' first birthdays.

• Options
    Don't stress over it! It's just not worth it. Just think of it as a get together with friends and family since your son is so young! You could look into kid friendly restaurants in your area. There's got to be something like a pizza place that is kid friendly too. Any chance you have John's Incredible Pizza out there? It's a bit more adult friendly. You're right, Rainforest Cafe is too far in this case. It is really cool (although there's a chance it might scare DS...the "storm moments" throughout the restaurant have been know to be a little intimidating to very small kids). Good luck, sorry I was not so helpful but I bet you will pick the perfect place.  
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Options
    You guys have been so sweet and helpful, thanks! Having it at a pizza place does sound good!! Especially since 'peeta' seems to be his favorite food these days haha I'm gonna check out Shields too! I know he's very young and I'm probably over-reacting haha...it was just his dad and I for his 1st birthday and we made cupcakes and opened presents with him so I know I don't have to do something extravagant for his 2nd, I just want to do SOMETHING, you know?
  • Options

I hate Chuck E Cheese birthday parties mainly because i used to work there and i know the operation they run is crap.  once your 90 minutes is up, they are forcing you off of your table to get ready for the next party... 

I would just think about maybe doing it at a park if your house isn't an option.

• Options

I would order some pizza, buy some beer, kool-aid, cake, paper plates invite everyone to the park and call it a day.

Low key, fun and the 3 kids in attendance would probably be happy as clams to just run outside.

I really don't get the hype about overdone big deal birthday parties.

• Options
    We worry about these things so much more than they do.  Dont stress out over it, just have fun with it.  He'll enjoy it as long as you are relaxed and having fun.  I wouldn't go anywhere an hr away.  We just had DD's 2nd bday party at our house with close family and she had a blast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"