2nd Trimester

Worried!!! A Gush of Liquid discharge...

Morning, I was standing up about 15 minutes ago when I felt a gush of discharge. I immediately went to the ladies room to find my panties saturated with a clear liquid, maybe about 1/2 a tsp or less. I've read that amniotic fluid has a sweet smell to it however this liquid had a very faint to non-existent smell. My normal discharge is the leukorrhea/sticky like discharge so this is worrying me a tad. My OBGYN office is closed right not so I'm reaching out to you ladies. Has this ever happened to you? I felt my son moving this morning on the way to work and I have my anatomy scan tomorrow at 9:45AM. I'm trying to keep my cool...

Re: Worried!!! A Gush of Liquid discharge...

• Is it continuing?  If you lay down and stand up after about 10 min, does it gush again?

Most likely, you're just hitting the fun watery discharge stage. But if it were a leak, it's nothing to mess with.  Do the laying down test and sit on the toilet -- if you can stop it with kegels, it's urine. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrs.kapow:

Is it continuing?  If you lay down and stand up after about 10 min, does it gush again?

Most likely, you're just hitting the fun watery discharge stage. But if it were a leak, it's nothing to mess with.  Do the laying down test and sit on the toilet -- if you can stop it with kegels, it's urine. 

No I haven't felt it since. Fun water discharge stage? It's no a leak...I just felt a gush and that was it. Thanks for the advice!

• Loading the player...
  • Can you call the ob on call?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would call the on-call OB, and/or call your office as soon as it opens.  It's probably nothing, but you would much, much rather be safe than sorry.

BabyFruit Ticker DS #1 Born 5/19/2009 Sunshine in my life! DS #2 Born 6/3/2011 at 26 weeks, 4 days; passed away 6.5 hours later Transabdominal cerclage placed 4/16/2012 BFP 6/20/12!!!
  • imageMRSVELA07:
    imagemrs.kapow:

Is it continuing?  If you lay down and stand up after about 10 min, does it gush again?

No I haven't felt it since. Fun water discharge stage? It's no a leak...I just felt a gush and that was it. Thanks for the advice!

I don't know if she literally means "water".... but I've started to have gushes of discharge that is clear. If I am standing and feel it, it is almost like that feeling when you start your period, and I have flipped over every.single.time and ran to check for blood.

OB says it's normal to have all kinds of crazy discharge, but best to get it checked out regardless. It's good that it hasn't continued, but still. Do they have an on-call nurse line? Would you be able to go into L&D to get checked out if you're still really worried? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's pretty normal to have a ton of watery discharge during pregnancy. As long as you aren't filling up panty liners or pads continuously, then it probably is just discharge. 

There came a point in every one of my pregnancies where I started having to wear panty liners daily. It feels a lot better than wet panties ;) 

IVF #1 BFN... IVF #2 BFP! TWINS!
    Twins born too early at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix
    FET #1, IUI #1, 2, 3, 4 - all BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!! IT'S A BOY! Born July 16th, 2011
    FET #2 BFP! Due February 15, 2013
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks ladies! After calling my OB she suggested I go to the hospital. After being in L&D for the 3 longest hours of my life my little Christopher is A-OK. Heartbeat was ranging from 155-158, amniotic fluid was measuring 13cm, cervix measured 4.1cm and the placenta looked good! Hubby and I are were less worried parents after the doppler picked up the heartbeat and a couple of kicks. Thanks again!

• I'd just hang in there until your anatomy scan and mention it to the doctor tomorrow!  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Call your doc. They can do a test in the office to determine what it is.
    Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 36 wks, and started experiencing this kind of discharge daily after my shower in the past week.  I'm not too worried, because this would happen (rarely) before I was pregnant and (always) when I have an orgasm.  It also doesnt continue through the day.  Some of us are just more "juicy" than others!  It's very annoying, and embarrassing if you already are dressed, because I usually have to change panties or pants.  But I don't think it's a big deal or something to get concerned about.  I'm assuming my babies head is just pressing on the right spot down there...

But if its brownish, smells bad, or continues during the day, then DEFINITELY call your doc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"