Breastfeeding

How much milk to leave sitter when going out

My mom has offered to watch the kids this Friday so hubby and I can have date night (we couldn't be happier!) so we have decided on going to a movie. This will be the first time we will leave our newborn for more than an hour and I have no idea how much milk to leave for my mom.

I bought the Ameda pump last week and I tried it for 15 minutes to see how much milk I can extract and got almost 3 oz in one session.

I was going to start pumping tomorrow for Friday but I'm not sure how much to pump? Will one 4 oz bottle be enough?

Also, the movie is 2 hours long and we were thinking of doing dinner before hand so most likely we will be gone for about 3-4 hours. Will my supply suffer a bit if I go 4 hours without nursing or pumping?

Thanks a bunch!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much milk to leave sitter when going out

• I did something similar when my daughter was that age and left a 3 oz bottle and a 2 oz bottle.  She only ate 3 oz.  I also fed her right before we left and then pumped when I got home to make sure my supply wouldn't be affected. 

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'd leave about 1 oz per hour you'll be gone. Split it into 2 bottles. So 2 2-3 oz bottles.

I'd bring the pump so you have the option between dinner and the movie, or in the car on the way home. It won't be a huge deal supply wise but it may be comfort wise.

• Loading the player...
  • Awesome!

Thanks ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"