October 2012 Moms

HOLY BABY!

So let me preface this with, I know many people think growth calculations via U/S are extremely inaccurate but this is the same U/S tech that has watched me throu all of my pregnancies and she was nearly spot on with my other two and says that she is no more then a half pound off. 

So I went today for my 34 wk check up plus an ultrasound because they are watching my fluid (it's been very high). Two weeks ago, he was measuring 5lbs5oz and today he is measuring 7lbs2oz. A TWO pound growth spurt on a already big baby. Now both my other kids were big (9-14 and 9-4 respectively) but I think this one has the chances of being the biggest. Based on femur he is measuring 2 weeks ahead and based on head, he is measuring 4 friggen weeks ahead. DS2 has a. If head too,  it I've got to push that thing out of me!  She rechecked her measurements like 4 times and came up with the same result every time. This is making the end much more real and now I'm actually starting to get nervous. 

Anyway, just wanted to share my results.......and my fears.  I still have 5.5 weeks left although luckily both my boys came a week early.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HOLY BABY!

• Yikes Queenie!!! Good luck lady....at least you have experience getting those big babies out!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • OMG!!! Huge!
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • That number does not seem right to me. Two pounds in two weeks is beyond the normal. I am not so shocked in the number itself. Just the change in number in 2 weeks.
  • babygirl was measuring 5 pounds 2 oz at todays u/s and 2 weeks ahead. and i got 7 weeks to go....i would rather he not be 9 pounds :) Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's crazy. My twins were born at 38.5 weeks but they were only 6 and 6.5 lbs. I'm hoping I don't make big babies, but I won't find out this one's size until 38 wks.

No disrespect but is it possible you have GD? That's a huge growth jump.
  • my goodness! sounds like you have a huge little man on your hands, but at least you've had some experience with big babies....yikes! GL!!
  • You do carry big babies! Maybe this is one of those growth spurts and he wont gain 2 lbs every visit you go. I am carrying a big guy too but I have GD, freaks me out when I go basically every week and he's always up by 6-9ozs. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagenikinikinine:
    That's crazy. My twins were born at 38.5 weeks but they were only 6 and 6.5 lbs. I'm hoping I don't make big babies, but I won't find out this one's size until 38 wks. No disrespect but is it possible you have GD? That's a huge growth jump.

They have tested me twice and I passed with flying colors both times.  

• Jeez woman!!! I feel for you!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Looks like he's just trying to keep up with his big brothers - good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yikes! good luck
  • Wow, that's a huge jump and one big baby!  Hopefully he just went through a growth spurt and will slow down a bit now.  Will you have any more scans to check on his size?
    Cecilia arrived 12 October 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesushisamba:
    Wow, that's a huge jump and one big baby!  Hopefully he just went through a growth spurt and will slow down a bit now.  Will you have any more scans to check on his size?

Yes, I have a scan every two weeks because of my fluid levels. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"