November 2012 Moms

What is going on your nursery walls?

Re: What is going on your nursery walls?

• I have a couple art projects. I found really cool paper at Paper Source, and also paper block letters (3D). I spray painted the letters and glued them to one of the fancy paper sheets. For my other project I glued more fancy paper to black canvasses and then applied decals to them (robots, which is the theme). I'm also thinking about adding a thick stripe or two across 3 of the walls.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • New baby will share a room with older brother (not that he actually sleeps in there), so it is mostly decorated with his artwork from daycare. Just stuff that is really bright and colorful. A friend gave us some wooden letters that spell Nursery, so I painted them in bright colors and we put them up over the crib this weekend. Cute, simple, cheap :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought 4 canvas prints that we'll be framing that match our nursery decor, and I have also seen (and registered for so I don't forget what I saw!) two other smaller wall hangings that match if we think we want anything additional.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Pictures that DH took in St Augustine on our last trip are going over the crib. One wall is taken up with shelving but those are flanked by a hook bar to hang diaper bags and baby blankets or whatever on for quick access and (hopefully) a needlepoint that my cousin is making for the LO. The other wall is our window but it will have a framed picture collage of newborn pictures on one side and my diaper bag hanging on a hook when not in use on the other side. The closet wall with the dresser is the only wall I haven't figured out yet, but will likely be picture(s) of some kind Smile

Please pardon any typos -- I'm typically bumping from my phone
    V|V TSP V|V
    imageimageimage
    * Lindsay Chase is going to be a big brother in August! *
  • Right now it's just painted. We painted the top orange, the bottom blue, and it's separated by a green stripe. I'm in the process of making monster decals and maybe a painting or two to hang up. Someone at work gave me this cute little keepsake hand and foot print keepsake set, and I'm going to hang those up too. Ideally, I'd like an area for books too, but we'll see what kind of space I have.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Etsy has become my best friend for this. So far I have 3 vinyl elephant stick ons that are progressive in size. Then I have 4 prints that I ordered that I plan to frame and hang together . And then I am going to paint letters for his name and hang them on the wall with a frame around it. The walls are getting painted grey so I figured I need some color and art work to brighten it up some. 
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm doing a wall decal - I think the one I am going to order is a cherry blossom tree? It's just a tree with a bunch of pink leaves, it's on EBay. And then I will be painting letters and putting her name up on the wall somewhere as well.
  • DH is a HUGE comic book fan, so we went with a superhero theme. We found some Avengers wall decals and out those up. Super easy and looks great with the paint color we chose.

• A piece of art that DH and I made of his name is on one wall.

Thennnnn I made a mobile and DH took my "scrap" pieces from that and made a tree and that's framed.

Then one wall will have a quilt hanging on it.

But so far that's all we've got and we can't decide if we like the walls with just those pieces on it (more simple) or if we want to put some more stuff.

Good luck!

• We did Winnie the Pooh :) there is a border in the room and the top half of the wall is baby blue and the bottom half if green... we just finished the huge free-hand painting of Pooh that will be over the changing station with "BENJAMIN" above Pooh and a sleeping Eeyore which is over the crib :) and then my DH sister went all out and put a tree in the corner of the room too... it looks awesome!

Good luck :)

• A mural on one wall.  Then, over the crib I'm either going to have a a paper lantern mobile or fabric polka dots.  I have some wooden letters to put her name on the door and that's probably it.  I figure we'll add paintings and pictures as she gets bigger and develops tastes and opinions.  I just dread the day that she decides she doesn't want the mural any more.  It will KILL me to paint over it. 
  • I did a couple peices of art. A painting of a family of sheep, a painting of a family of elephants and some birds. I picked up at allposters.com a couple of peek-a-boo animal prints. DH is going to make one of those forward facing bookshelves, and a growth chart that looks like a huge ruler.

The big peice is the mobiles I did out of a huge branch I found (and DH lovingly carried home 1/2 mile). I painted it gray, added blue leaves (cut out of paperbags) and coral birds made from file folders I stole from work. Cost me maybe $15 to make.

I picked up a couple tubes of acrylic paint in my colors and have done everything in those, so that it is all matchy and custom.

• imagefromMaddockstoMccandless:
    A mural on one wall.  Then, over the crib I'm either going to have a a paper lantern mobile or fabric polka dots.  I have some wooden letters to put her name on the door and that's probably it.  I figure we'll add paintings and pictures as she gets bigger and develops tastes and opinions.  I just dread the day that she decides she doesn't want the mural any more.  It will KILL me to paint over it. 

This is why I wouldn't let DH have his dad paint a mural in the nursery for us. He's very, very gifted and did a mural in DH's room when he was younger that he LOVED so he wanted to share it with LO, but I pointed out that Chase's tastes are likely going to be different from ours and convinced him to hold off on the mural until baby's a little older and can choose what he likes himself Smile

Please pardon any typos -- I'm typically bumping from my phone
    V|V TSP V|V
    imageimageimage
    * Lindsay Chase is going to be a big brother in August! *
  • We are going for an Asian inspired nursery w/ pandas/koi/bamboo.  We picked up some bamboo decals from Hobby Lobby and we have a koi print that one of DH's friends made for him years ago that we framed and hung up.  We also made a paper lantern mobile this weekend that we hung from the ceiling, and I'm working on framing some photos that I took of some pandas at the zoo.  Everything should be easily changable when LO decides that they want something else.
  • Baby girl will share a room with her big sister so nothing super babyish.

Behind the crib, a huge tree decal like this one but with purple flowers and butterflies (wall color is similar to what we have in the room):

...with grass around the bottom of the wall like this:

...and possibly a white picket fence if I can find a decent one for cheap. We'll hang a few of these cardboard birdies in different colors above the crib like a mobile:

A few hanging pictures too, and both girls' hand and footprints in clay.

• I made fabric-covered embroidery hoops, which kind of cluster around wooden letters that spell out his name. I need something else to put on the opposite wall, but I think I might just buy some picture frames/collages to put up there.
  • We're rolling with a retro/vintage vibe for the nursery, colours are brown, coral, and teal.  

I've started accumulating vinyl record covers that match that colour scheme to cover one entire wall- we've found some hilarious ones and also some adorably appropriate ones (vintage Heidi soundtrack, "A Child's Introduction to Musical Instruments")!

• Our nursery is lavender with white trim and dark furniture. On the wall above the low dresser/change table we will have a huge white vinyl decal of an octopus. Beside the windows I am making prints to go in 2 black frames on white background of lavender (using same paint as the room) starfish and shells. Above the crib I have a miniature paddle I will mount, painted white, and under that we will mount her name in wood letters, also painted white. I know I'm not very colourful, but she will have so many other stimulating colourful toys and crap, I want her room to be a relaxing and fresh place to be. Our bedding is also black and white for her crib.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our nursery is yellow and light green... So I have some brown frames on the walls with photos of my older 2 sons... a lovely yellow/colorful quilt hanging from a quilt rack... and 2 wooden shelves with my boys piggy banks, photos etc.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"