April 2013 Moms

Halloween...

Am I the only one who is excited already for Halloween?

It's one of my favorite holidays, other than Christmas. Since I'm super bored today, I want to hear your Halloween plans.

I've had my halloween costume idea since freaking June. (Please tell me I'm not the only one). My original plan this year was to be Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's- one of my favorite movies of all time. I was going to wear the famous Holly Golightly get up in the black dress with the pearls.

I'll be about 14 weeks by the time we have our annual Halloween party, not sure if I'll be showing at all by then, but even if I am.... it'll be the Holly Golighty got KTFU edition.

Have you thought about what you're going to be? Are you going to make your costume pregnancy related?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Halloween...

• Breakfast at Tiffany's is my all-time favorite movie!  I LOVE Audrey Hepburn!  I even found replica earrings of the ones she wore in Roman Holiday and got them for my wedding :) 

I have wanted to do this Halloween costume forever if DH and I were pg on Halloween... DH is going to wear an apron and a chef's hat, and I am going to put a box around me and be an oven.  

* I want to dress up just to get a picture.  We don't go to any parties or anything.. We normally spend the day with family trick or treating or handing out candy. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll be 16.5 weeks ...ahhhh... seems so far away! we never dress up for halloween, even though we always say we should. we'll just be handing out candy, as per usual.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I really wish I was going to be showing enough to be rounded out by then. My fiance's last name is Bowling so I'd LOVE to paint my belly as a bowling ball...

But alas..this will be a February idea :D

Me 28 | DH 33
    Married 12.21.12
    DD#1 born 5.21.13
    DD#2 due 7.11.16
  • I'll be odd one out. I can't stand Halloween. I don't think I've dressed up since middle school. My FI loves it, though. And of course we have to bring the kids trick-or-treating. We live on a road with very few houses so for the past 2 years we have gotten zero trick-or-treaters, so I can't even stay home and hand out candy, lol. Oh well..
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Trick or treating around here and on campus is on that Tuesday, I believe, so we're going to take Charlie out then. He's going to be a minion from Despicable Me! lol Since Halloween is our anniversary and his birthday, we'll probably just go out to dinner on the 31st.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• My birthday is on Halloween, so it's always been a big deal in my family! Smile I also love fall; it's my favorite season. Nothing makes me happier than hot apple cider, pumpkin picking, Halloween costumes, baking with apples, pumpkins, spices, etc.

I'm not sure what I'm going to be this year, though. Last year Tony was a dragon, and he was so cute! I'm going to AW his costume: 

• DH and I are going as a teen mom and MTV crew member. Yes, there are "Sweet 16" maternity shirts out there. I'll be 18 weeks with #2, so I know I'll have a small, yet noticeable bump.

It's making fun of a real issue, but it's for an adult Halloween party with close friends who share our sense of humor. I would never wear it out and about while trick-or-treating with DD.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageGrace0609:
    I'm going to try to find a pumpkin shirt that says something clever on it related to being pregnant.  Anyone have any links to anything?  At around 14-15 weeks I will certainly be showing : ) (people started asking at 10 weeks w/ #2!), so I am going to milk it for all it's worth.

Grace what about something like this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/81999199/pumpkin-smuggler-maternity-top-tee-t?ref=sr_gallery_23&ga_search_query=halloween+maternity&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I wanna get one of those shirts with the skeleton rib cage, and the baby skeleton. I think that would be fun then just painting my face. Nice and simple
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagenikkinay89:
    I wanna get one of those shirts with the skeleton rib cage, and the baby skeleton. I think that would be fun then just painting my face. Nice and simple

Cute idea!!! I really like that. 

• Those are all really cute ideas!!

tmgilson- I love Audrey Hepburn too!! She's one of my favorite actresses of all time, I just love everything she stood for and the role model she was to so many in her time. She's a classic beauty.

principessa- What an adorable dragon you have there! How cool your birthday is on Halloween!! Jealous!

Those are some fabulous ideas. I also love that pumpkin shirt! I also want to get that skeleton shirt, I am thinking that may be a way we announce on FB... who knows.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH and I love Halloween, he is already adding to our decorations that we got last year. As for costumes we have had ours planned since Feb, I am going to be Dorthy form The Wizard of Oz and he is going to be the Tin man. I am so super excited!!!
  • I am so excited for Halloween too! I have already ordered the invitations for our party (I quit FB and such social media, so we are going old school with invites!) I WANT to be showing so bad because in like MARCH I had the best preggo-costume idea (magic 8 ball! even figured out how to get random answers on my back. People would need to touch the 8 ball -belly- and ask the question out loud. If I need to be sober, at least they can amuse me with their questions!) But if I am not really showing, which I really don't expect to be, I think I will do the Brave character. I love dressing up!
    Genevieve Rose died at 37 days old, meningitis Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageteddidan:
    Those are all really cute ideas!!

principessa- What an adorable dragon you have there! How cool your birthday is on Halloween!! Jealous!

Thank you!!!! I loved that little costume. And yeah, I had some pretty fun Halloween birthday parties growing up! :)

• imagetinychefjackson:

DH and I are going as a teen mom and MTV crew member. Yes, there are "Sweet 16" maternity shirts out there. I'll be 18 weeks with #2, so I know I'll have a small, yet noticeable bump.

It's making fun of a real issue, but it's for an adult Halloween party with close friends who share our sense of humor. I would never wear it out and about while trick-or-treating with DD.

Last year at my Halloween party my friend and her husband came as Juno and Pauly Bleaker. They looked SO authentic! It was pretty awesome. Your 16 and pregnant costumes reminded me of it!

Genevieve Rose died at 37 days old, meningitis Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think ds might be a lion and I'll prob get a halloween shirt too... We won't do much carve pumpkins and probably go over my moms :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagenikkinay89:
    I wanna get one of those shirts with the skeleton rib cage, and the baby skeleton. I think that would be fun then just painting my face. Nice and simple

I want to do this type of shirt too, here is a link for the iron on, I think I will just get this.  I work at a medical clinic so if I have to work I think it would be cute to wear there too.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/82603055/sale-maternity-halloween-costume-diy?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=halloween+maternity&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

• imagemedblais:
    imagetinychefjackson:

DH and I are going as a teen mom and MTV crew member. Yes, there are "Sweet 16" maternity shirts out there. I'll be 18 weeks with #2, so I know I'll have a small, yet noticeable bump.

Last year at my Halloween party my friend and her husband came as Juno and Pauly Bleaker. They looked SO authentic! It was pretty awesome. Your 16 and pregnant costumes reminded me of it!

Haha! That would be funny, too. DH isn't tall enough to pull off Bleaker. LOL

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagetinychefjackson:
    imagemedblais:
    imagetinychefjackson:

Haha! That would be funny, too. DH isn't tall enough to pull off Bleaker. LOL

OMG that is an awesome costume idea!! DH is 6'4' and would totally pull off Bleaker. Hmmmmmmmmm. Maybe Audrey will have to wait for next year? I'm not sure if I'll be showing enough by then, but I can always make my stomach bigger with a pillow for the costume or something. That would be an easy DIY one.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You're not alone. I ordered our costumes back in June too! MH is going to be DJ Lance, I'm Foofa and Henry will be Muno (Yo Gabba Gabba for those who don't have kids). 

It's not terribly original (what we like to do normally), but I wanted to coordinate all of us and Henry loves YGG. I'm now worried though that his costume won't fit because he's getting SO.BIG. 

Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • imageBuggygirl84:

You're not alone. I ordered our costumes back in June too! MH is going to be DJ Lance, I'm Foofa and Henry will be Muno (Yo Gabba Gabba for those who don't have kids). 

It's not terribly original (what we like to do normally), but I wanted to coordinate all of us and Henry loves YGG. I'm now worried though that his costume won't fit because he's getting SO.BIG. 

My nephew LOVES YGG! He calles Foofa "Foopa", which we of course find completely hilarious. He's turning two this month and we're having a YGG themed party for him!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageteddidan:
    imageBuggygirl84:

You're not alone. I ordered our costumes back in June too! MH is going to be DJ Lance, I'm Foofa and Henry will be Muno (Yo Gabba Gabba for those who don't have kids). 

My nephew LOVES YGG! He calles Foofa "Foopa", which we of course find completely hilarious. He's turning two this month and we're having a YGG themed party for him!

Bwahahahahahaha!! 

Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • We usually don't do much for Halloween but at work (I'm a teacher) we have a Fall Fest where the students and teachers dress up and then parade around the school to show off your consumes.  I'll be just shy of 15w by then so I wanted to do a costume to let my co-workers know that I'm expecting.  I thought of maybe doing a t-shirt with Thing 1 at the top and then Thing 2 & Thing 3 at the bottom of my shirt near my little ones.  Thought this would be a cute way to tell everyone.  Still debating though as it's SO hard to keep the good news in.
  • imagealber2am:

imagenikkinay89:

I want to do this type of shirt too, here is a link for the iron on, I think I will just get this.  I work at a medical clinic so if I have to work I think it would be cute to wear there too.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/82603055/sale-maternity-halloween-costume-diy?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=halloween+maternity&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

Cute!  It would be perfect for your job!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagehugzenkisses982:
    We usually don't do much for Halloween but at work (I'm a teacher) we have a Fall Fest where the students and teachers dress up and then parade around the school to show off your consumes.  I'll be just shy of 15w by then so I wanted to do a costume to let my co-workers know that I'm expecting.  I thought of maybe doing a t-shirt with Thing 1 at the top and then Thing 2 & Thing 3 at the bottom of my shirt near my little ones.  Thought this would be a cute way to tell everyone.  Still debating though as it's SO hard to keep the good news in.

That would be a way cute way to share with your co-workers! Love it! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageGrace0609:
    I'm going to try to find a pumpkin shirt that says something clever on it related to being pregnant.  Anyone have any links to anything?  At around 14-15 weeks I will certainly be showing : ) (people started asking at 10 weeks w/ #2!), so I am going to milk it for all it's worth.

I'm doing the same thing! Love this idea! 

• imagenikkinay89:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• imagenikkinay89:

That's me too! I think they are so adorable! We live in a military neighborhood so there's lot of kids to come trick-or-treating and maybe some friends of ours will have a party. I'll be 15.5 weeks so not sure how big I'll be, but hopefully enough bump that the shirt will work!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• im going to be little red riding hood and my boyfried is going to be the big bad wolf. hopefully im not showing too much by then but i guess if i am it will just make the costume funnier!Stick out tongue
  • imagewendalsue:
    imagealber2am:

imagenikkinay89:

Cute!  It would be perfect for your job!

I LOVE this!!! So cute!

• Love it!

We're having a Halloween costume party, too. We just finalized the details and got our costumes this past weekend. We're doing a Peter Pan theme. DH will be Peter Pan, DD will be Tinkerbell and I'll be Wendy. I'm excited! This is our first year with a toddler and many of our friends have kids around the same age so it should be fun.

• I am also so excited!! I've always wanted to be pregnant for Halloween! I won't be very far along...about 16 weeks, but I've always wanted to dress up as Juno! My brother has the "slinky" shirt and I'm hoping he'll let me borrow it!
  • We are going to be those troll dolls from the 90s. I will be 18 weeks and have a nice round belly. MH is already growing his hair out and said he wanted to be the orange one. MH and DD have nice round bellies too, so it should be amazing!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I love Halloween!! Unfortunately I moved from SoCal to Ohio so no more costume parties with my friends. Also I have to work and we wear uniforms so no dressing up for me. I live in the country and they have a hay ride that takes the kids to participating houses but it's never on Halloween. It's a few nights before and I have to work then too so I can't even pass out candy!!!! I am so sad... :(. I got Pikachu ears and a tail just in case I was off the night of trick-or-treat...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a three yr old who is really into shrek so I made him an outfit so he can be shrek and I think I might  just try to coordinate with him.... I LOVE Halloween as well!!! It is my all time favorite day and Im so excited!!!!! Hopefully my little kiddo doesnt change him mind then who knows what lol
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"