December 2011 Moms

Naps. Transition to crib

Ha! 8 months and we are just now getting rid of swing naps. He has to crib nap at daycare Tuesday so we just decided no more swing. Poor guy is furious. His longest nap in their has been 22 minutes. He is screaming bloody murder. Hopefully he tires himself out sooner than later.

Lilypie - (ovfd)

Re: Naps. Transition to crib

• Awww, hope it gets better! You may be surprised at how well he will wind up napping at daycare. DS has been napping great there for months while we were still holding him for naps 2 weeks ago!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When I first put DS in his crib to nap, instead of laying on me, the longest he would nap was 30 min. Luckily, that didn't last very long and now he sleeps 1 to 2 hours.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • HAd to abort. He cried 40 minutes with 3 checks at 10 minute intervals. We tried again and hour later with same outcome. Ugh. He has tooth holes up top and a runny nose so I just resorted to the swing and got an hour nap out of him. I'll let daycare crib nap him!

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• Same boat here! We have got to get LO in the crib for naps... But the swing is soooo much easier!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, I remember how tough that was for us, too. I got him to nap in his crib by nursing im to sleep, and now he will not tolerate his swing. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just can't believe he still fits in the swing! I dug our out over a month ago when she needed to sleep inclined. She would bounce as soon as I put her in it and make the entire frame rock. The one time she stayed still the motor groaned and it swung soooo slow.
    BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • Daycare actually really helped us with naps.  He did nap in the infant seats there the first couple of months, but after that, he did really well in the crib.  They put him down when he showed signs of tiredness instead of on a "schedule" and he falls asleep (usually with a little fussing) quite easy in his crib now for naps as long as he's tired.  Hopefully it will work for L too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"