January 2013 Moms

NBR - What type of work do you do?

This is kind of a GTNY thing:

So we have all been getting to know one another for a while now some of us, and more recently with others. I would love to learn what some of you do? I know several are stay at home moms (which is awesome!) and some are inbetween jobs, but it would still be nice to learn what field you are interested in/were in.

Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

Re: NBR - What type of work do you do?

• I am in product development at a fortune 500 company.... I work on our exclusive brands. :)
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm an in-home daycare owner/provider.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a Part-Time SAHM and I am a hairstylist about 25 hours a week. I love what I do so I couldn't give it up 100% just yet. I have been at this schedule almost a year now and I love and hate it ;P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• I am an Accountant.
  • I'm a corporate trainer for computer software at a small non-profit that works with all the real estate firms in the southern half of our state.
  • I work with a non-profit as their marketing and event planner for fundraising events.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• I am a corporate accountant. I promise I'm not as boring as my job is ;-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker}

Lots of love TBBFF lobosabby!! Always rooting for the TTGP girls

My Chart

• I'm a financial auditor for the federal government.
    imageimageimage
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • I am a Project Engineer for a Construction Management Company.  Hopefully I will be able to continue work after LO is born!  My job requires a lot of travel at times.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am an Administrative Operations Assistant in the IT World, working with mainly Cisco maintenance and products.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I am a pediatric nurse.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am a Pathologist's Assistant - the easiest way to explain it is as a phyisicans assistant who specializes in pathology. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I work in credit and collections and Im going to school as well to become a paralegal. Two more classes to go!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm a disability quality reviewer for the Federal Government. Exciting....

• i work in the corporate offices of aeropostale/ ps from aeropostale (the clothing store)...and i'm in sales audit....we reconcile all the sales/charges/anything that gets processed through the registers.....

• I am a travel agent and I also work in a rock climbing gym
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMTNurse:
    I am a pediatric nurse.

Question for you.... I posted on my FB a few weeks ago something about the Business of Being Born and a FB friend of mine commented "a pediatric nurses worst nightmare".... I didnt ask her to elaborate because it was obvious we had a difference of opinion and i didnt want my FB spammed... but I was just curious what your thoughts are on home birth. And I wont be offended if you think home birth is dumb.. I am just interested in hearing from anotehr pediatric nurse :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm an individual life insurance underwriter.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a speech and language therapist but now I'm a SAHM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • I'm a SAHM.

I used to be a consultant working with small businesses on their unemployment clams.  I handled claims as well as represented them at administrative appeal hearings held by the state.  I did both in-person and telephone hearings when I worked. 

I still pick up a few cases here and there as they crop up, but I'm self-employed and work from home (telephone only) as a consultant to a company that represents hospitals across the state.  Easier in some ways, but VERY different than working with the small businesses, which I liked.  I haven't had any cases for a while though just because the state just cleared a huge backlog so work has slowed down for everyone in the industry.  I'm not complaining with this whole pregnancy thing going on.  It was just extra income for our new house fund anyway :D

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagesbevmc09:

I'm a SAHM.

I used to be a consultant working with small businesses on their unemployment clams.  I handled claims as well as represented them at administrative appeal hearings held by the state.  I did both in-person and telephone hearings when I worked. 

I still pick up a few cases here and there as they crop up, but I'm self-employed and work from home (telephone only) as a consultant to a company that represents hospitals across the state.  Easier in some ways, but VERY different than working with the small businesses, which I liked.  I haven't had any cases for a while though just because the state just cleared a huge backlog so work has slowed down for everyone in the industry.  I'm not complaining with this whole pregnancy thing going on.  It was just extra income for our new house fund anyway :D

I long for the day I can say that! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I worked for Starbucks for a little over 2 years but I quit about 2 weeks ago & so I've been staying at home since then. I start language training on Tuesday though so I'll be busy learning Tagalog until LO arrives. I might try to get a job once we're in the Philippines so I won't work until LO is at least 6 months old.
  • I am a substitute teacher. I am qualified to teach grades 4-12, but have been in classrooms all the way from Junior Kindergarten and up.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• I used to work as a Supervisor at Indigo (big book store company in Canada).  I was in charge of the stock/merchandising/shipping stuff.  In the mornings I did inventory counts and set up displays, and in the afternoon I was in the back doing shipping.

My doc put me on sick leave because I was getting dizzy and faint at work, and too fatigued.  Because I was always bending and lifting up to 50 lbs, she said I wouldn't have been allowed to do that much longer anyways and I worked by myself so I couldn't get anyone else to do it for me.

I loved my job :( I miss it.

• I work in the Marketing Department for an online retailer as the Graphic Design Supervisor.
  • Before having DS I was a 5th/6th grade looping teacher (I'd get a class as 5th graders and teach the same kiddos for 2 years). Now I'm a SAHM, which I love. Smile
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sales Manager for a Hotel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It is by loving and not by being loved that one can come nearest to the soul of another. -- George MacDonald
  • I'm an optometrist. Geeked
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I SAH :)

Before Ds I was a Project Manager for a home decor company. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • I work for an I&O Psychology firm, specializing in employee selection. Basically, people hire us to help hire employees. I'm transitioning into a project management position, so I'll probably work from home 50% of the time after the baby's born.
  • I'm a preschool teacher but will be staying home after LO is born and continuing to work my Arbonne business, too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
    Lucy Kate 2/9/13
    m/c 12/30/11 - our Christmas baby
  • Sign language interpreter for a school.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm a corporate recruiter for a high volume casual dining restaurant company and I'm in charge of 350 manager positions. I'm part of the HR Dept at the corporate office--I make hiring and firing decision as well as conduct investigations.

We're thinking about me SAH after the baby, but I'm so nervous with this economy!!

Love this NBR post.

• Degree in social work (loved interning with pregnant and parenting teens) 

Worked as a nanny for a few years

Now a SAHM!  

The nanny experience 3 years before DD was invaluable!  They were all my "practice" kids!  Still connect with most of them! 

Married 5/2/09 To my best friend 
    Lillianna Faith Born 8/26/10- My big girl kindergartner!
    Peach- MC 3/2012
    Logan Christopher Born 2/3/13- My little fighter, cardiac defects, 2 cancer scares and more surgery, tests, MRIs, cat scans, xrays than most people would have to face their whole life.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My background is in sales.  I decided to quit putting my life on hold for TTC purposes so I left my job in March to pursue a career in Real Estate. We went on vacation in April and I was set to start my certification classes in May when I got my BFP.  DH and I decided the best thing for our family is for me to be a SAHW for now and a SAHM when LO arrives.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• imagemrsodonnell12:

imageMTNurse:
    I am a pediatric nurse.

Question for you.... I posted on my FB a few weeks ago something about the Business of Being Born and a FB friend of mine commented "a pediatric nurses worst nightmare".... I didnt ask her to elaborate because it was obvious we had a difference of opinion and i didnt want my FB spammed... but I was just curious what your thoughts are on home birth. And I wont be offended if you think home birth is dumb.. I am just interested in hearing from anotehr pediatric nurse :)

Obvs I'm not a pediatric nurse, but my sister had a home birth and she has a wonderful pediatrician. She found someone who's "motto" is "Individualized care for individual families". She's very informative and since my sis is kind of granola, she will raise questions that fit in to my sister's lifestyle. This Ped. and her staff will also treat patients more mainstream as well.

Just a little input.

• I'm a software developer.  I'd love to cut down to part-time someday though!
    bfp#1 2/1/11 ~ natural m/c 2/21/11 (7w2d)
    bfp#2 5/26/11 ~ missed m/c dx @ 10w (7w3d) ~ d&c 7/14/11
    bfp#3 5/2/12 ~ baby elijah arrived 1/14/13!
  • I'm an instructional designer for a public university. I help faculty develop online content for their courses. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• SAHM. Before DD, I was a School Psychologist. 
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am a Sr. Risk Analyst for a nat gas trading company.  Sounds incredibly boring on paper!
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"