December 2011 Moms

BLW check-in?

Didn't we usually do this on Wednesdays? 

New for us: Sour cream, which DS absolutely loves, mashed potatoes and black olives. DS is doing really well with a pre-loaded spoon by now, so next thing will be to let him try to load it. 

DS still doesn't really like banana too much and only plays with it. He enjoys grilled mushrooms and zucchini a lot! 

DS born 12/2011
DD born 03/2014

Re: BLW check-in?

• I dont do BLW weaning but do allot of finger foods for snacks. Earlier I read a post that someone was giving their LO peanut butter. I thought that was a no-no. Is it ok? What things are you avoiding?

Right now I am not giving her anything with: peanuts, honey, cows milk (except homemade yogurt), meat, or citrus fruits.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Adalynn Priya Marie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't know what a lot of people are doing in terms of the peanut butter(or other allergy foods) but we have decided to go ahead and try to give them now. I am currently at my moms house in NY where we have EMS with a several minute response & a hospital within 8 minutes from her house. I feel its safer to try them a few months earlier and be able to get to the hospital IF he has a problem, versus waiting another few months and trying them at home where we have NO EMS and the hospital is 45 minutes away.

As for his BLW, he is pretty much eating everything we are eating now. We were doing partial BLW but DS has recently decided he is done with the purees and doesn't want anything to do with them. He loves grilled cheese, toast, mac & cheese & watermelon right now. 

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Have you/how have you offered tofu?

Farmers market plums and nectarines were a hit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We haven't given him honey or anything with peanuts yet, but will soon, I think. I'm thinking about introducing snacks in addition to the three meals soon, too, so peaches are a great idea!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Has anyone introduced seafood of any kind yet? I wanted to try something simple to make sure he wasn't allergic to it, but I'm stumped as to what to offer. He's had pork, beef, poultry, & venison with no problem so seafood is the last thing on the list.
  • imagemtb21:
    imageCountingUp:
    Have you/how have you offered tofu? Farmers market plums and nectarines were a hit.
    No but that's a good idea, I would like to try it! Hopefully someone else chimes in because I have never cooked with it before.

We'll likely try fish this weekend - tilapia or salmon.

As for how I'll prep the tofu - I'll likely just scramble it with an egg yolk

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There isn't much that DS hasn't had yet.  We are avoiding shellfish, nuts and citrus, but that's just because we are following the chart off of wholesomebabyfood.com.

Surprisingly - he will eat spicy food.  He had Korean kimchi last week and spicy tex-mex earlier this week and spicy TJs indian and chinese foods.  It doesn't seem to bother him.  DS is literally eating everything that we are eating now.

He loves fish - especially salmon for those of you who are looking to start seafoods.

• We had beef a d barley stew tonight which was a hit. We also did edamame hummus on pita bread which she also loved. She goes for just about anything. Also, I made lentil wedges from the BLW cookbook which were very tasty. It's been a big week for new food here! Oh, and whole milk vanilla yogurt also.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• imagecookinitup:
    He loves fish - especially salmon for those of you who are looking to start seafoods.

Did you cook whole salmon or did you give him canned salmon?

• Whole wheat pancakes or scrambled egg yolks with cheese and veggies have been a huge hit for breakfast.  

I made a veggie soup and just took out the broth and DS loved it! 

• So far DS had salmon and tilapia, but no shrimp yet. I think we'll wait with that a bit longer. 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• My lo eats pretty much everything we o. Tonight she had corn and pulled pork. We are starting the spoon but so far she just flings it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"