January 2013 Moms

Battledore Placenta

So had our ultrasound last Friday and found out we're having a girl!!! yaya!! But was also told I have whats called battledore placenta and am having a more in depth ultrasound done tomorrow. Anyone else going through this?
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Battledore Placenta

• Huh, I've actually never heard this term.

When I saw your post title I thought you were trying to make a joke about a battle with your placenta like "Placentagate" or something ;) 

I just googled it to figure out what it is though and it seems like it's not of huge concern.  I hope your more in-depth U/S comes back with good news!

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imageLindsRockies:
    imagesbevmc09:

Huh, I've actually never heard this term.

When I saw your post title I thought you were trying to make a joke about a battle with your placenta like "Placentagate" or something ;) 

I just googled it to figure out what it is though and it seems like it's not of huge concern.  I hope your more in-depth U/S comes back with good news!

Totally thought the same thing.

I actually thought this was a term out of Harry Potter or something.

Me too.

Don't know anything about it, hope everything is okay though.

Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 21 weeks today and found out last Friday that I have marginal cord insertion (battledore placenta). Doctor said that we just have to watch monthly with an u/s to make sure that the baby is growing as he should. It is a concern that he is only feeding from one side of the placenta and that could cause low brith weight. Right now i'm in the 53% for his weight which is great. 10% doctor will put me on bed rest and 3% will have to do a c-section. This all scares me to death but all I can do is take it month by month and wait for next u/s.
  • yes I went in today for my second ultrasound and will go back in 6 weeks they just want to make sure she is getting the nutrients she needs to grow, and that they only thing I should be worried about is the low birth weight so no 10lb babies haha I liked that news. I also like that I get to see her on an u/s every 6 weeks : )
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"