April 2013 Moms

No morning sickness - is this normal?

I found out that I was preggo last week & the doctor said the sicker I am the better - but I have not experienced any morning sickness-   But I'm super tired and have very bad headaches? is this normal?   

Re: No morning sickness - is this normal?

• Find a new doctor. Yours is a quack.
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • I can't believe your Dr said that to you. Craziness!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 2010
    #1 BFP 7/29/12 EDD 4/12/13 MC 9/5/12
    spring-flowers
  • Loading the player...
  • It may or may not be normal. All pregnancies are different. But if you are only a few weeks yes its normal. I didn't start getting nausea until around 6.5 weeks. Some people its after/before some people never get it. The tired part is a normal symptom very early on. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't believe your doctor would say that!! However, my nausea didn't start ramping up until about 6 weeks. Be glad you don't have it yet!! Even if you don't get it, that isn't a sign that something is wrong. My mom never had morning sickness and she had 3 healthy pregnancies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your Dr is a dope...I had zero m/s last time....see the beautiful, healthy baby in siggy.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • I've never heard a doctor say the sicker the better. Some women have severe morning sickness while some have none whatsoever, both can result in perfectly healthy babies. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones not hugging the toilet!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My dr. also said nausea is a good sign. Of course, you can also have a perfectly healthy pregnancy  with no morning sickness. With my previous pregnancy I had just a couple of days of sickness. With this one it has been all day every day for a week now. Don't let it worry you just because your not sick.
  • I'm another one who's never had morning sickness. I'm on pg 5. Some have it and some don't. Some for only a few weeks, and some for months.
    Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageBuggygirl84:
    Find a new doctor. Yours is a quack.

This. Some people get lucky and have very little symptoms. Enjoy it while you can, you never know how you are going to feel tomorrow. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have actually heard from a few doctors that the sicker you are the better due to the level if hcg hormones.

https://m.newser.com/story/102554/morningsicknessreducestheriskofmiscarriage.html

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Completely normal. I did not have any m/s with my first pregnancy. I was super tired and had horrible headaches as well, not fun! I have heard that m/s is a sign of a healthy pregnancy so I don't think your doctor is a wacko but my entire pregnancy was healthy and so is my son so I wouldn't worry about it!
  • imagecvl105:
    Your Dr is a dope...I had zero m/s last time....see the beautiful, healthy baby in siggy.

You do have a beautiful baby in your siggy!!! 

• I only feel sick if I don't eat when I should.  

I haven't been hit with it yet... but I'm only 5 weeks 

• imageyoumakemyheartsmile:

I only feel sick if I don't eat when I should.  

I have the same problem...but I'm almost 7 weeks. I've been a little concerned that I haven't been more sick, but thankful as well.

• I'm 7 weeks and haven't had an ounce of morning sickness.  I admit, it feels weird.  Just had our first ultrasound a few days ago and everything looks great.   My doctor said while rare, the lack of morning sickness tied to the health of your pregnancy is definitely a myth.  If anything your baby will be healthier as you're keeping all the nutrients in rather than puking them out.  :)
    Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!
  • I surely hope that doc is wrong! I'm now 8 weeks and haven't had a bit of m/s! I just keep saying i'm lucky....next week will be the test when i finally get my u/s!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • odd... I told my doc that I've been feeling pretty good and her response was "that's AWESOME" and big smiles. I didn't get the sense she was concerned AT ALL.
  • imageashley2626:
    I actually have read in two different books, "What to expect when your expecting" and a pregnancy magazine that both said something along the lines of morning sickness is a good sign and it also lessens your chance of m/c. Tongue Tied

I would call that "fear mongering." Or, it's like people tell brides - rain on your wedding day is good luck. Really, it's not - they just want to you to not freak out and go bridezilla. Morning sickness is not a better indicator of a healthy pregnancy than no morning sickness - but they want to you be "ok" with the fact you feel like the poo.
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"