Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Finger foods that don't need to be heated?

DS just started a new room at his mothers day out.  They don't provide food (except on occasions) and they also don't have a microwave in the room.   I can't for the life of me figure out what to send for his lunches?  Any suggestions? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finger foods that don't need to be heated?

• Peanut butter and jelly, fruit cups(drain the liquid), yogurt melts and puffs
  • Lunch meat rolled up, Cheese cubes or string cheese, Cucumber slices, fresh fruit (grapes, bananas, kiwi, etc), Applesauce, Yogurt, Peanut butter crackers (if PB is allowed), Hummus and pita pieces.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedelaine0821:
    Peanut butter and jelly, fruit cups(drain the liquid), yogurt melts and puffs

I'm actually worried about peanut butter because we are so new to solids (due to a really strong gag reflex).  Does the peanut butter get stuck on the tops of their mouths? I'm just afraid he will have trouble with it.  But I guess we should just try it at home first and I'm sure it will be fine!   Thank you!  

• imagemainerocks:
    You can use a little thermos for warm foods. They suggested this for my son at daycare and it works great. He gets a lot of leftovers or other hot meals.

Oh that is a good idea!  

• What about sending pouches? DD loves pouches as a snack and she can feed her self too!

• dehydrated or freeze dried fruit, smoothies, dips and cucumbers, carrots or celery (all thinly sliced).  
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagejani7:

imagedelaine0821:
    Peanut butter and jelly, fruit cups(drain the liquid), yogurt melts and puffs

I'm actually worried about peanut butter because we are so new to solids (due to a really strong gag reflex).  Does the peanut butter get stuck on the tops of their mouths? I'm just afraid he will have trouble with it.  But I guess we should just try it at home first and I'm sure it will be fine!   Thank you!  

I do a really thin layer of peanut butter and my DD does fine with it. She is also a huge fan of graham crackers (or cinnamon bread) with peanut butter and banan slices. If your LO is a pouch fan, they also have pouches of apple sauce in addition to the normal pouch food. My DD would survive on pouches if we let her!

• My LO doesn't generally care if things are heated.  So she'll eat leftovers, like homemade chicken strips, cold.
  • DS happily eats cheese ravioli and sweet potato fries cold.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"