3rd Trimester

no movement today :(

hey ladies, I have not felt LO move at all today. she normally moves all day everyday and is very active. Starting to get nervous. I have drank sugar and normally that gets her going allot and still no movement. This never happened with DD, Should I be worried?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: no movement today :(

• did you try laying on your left side? if you dont' get any movement after that, maybe go in? they can give you a scan or something to see what's going on
  • I would go to LD. I'm always loathe to call into my OB bc my husband is a dr and I know how much he dislikes getting calls on the w/e not that he EVER let's his patients know this but if I didn't feel movement I'd call. Actually I'd just go to LD. I was there at 35w1d for prodromal labor and they said that if anything, I MUST come in if I feel lack of movement.
  • Loading the player...
  • If the usually tricks of sugary drinks and foods don't do it and you don't' have a doppler, I would go straight to L&D triage. Hope your baby is just having a lazy day!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Call you OB. That is what they are there for.
  • imagenealbl:
    Call you OB. That is what they are there for.

Exactly my thoughts.

• Ditto what PP's have said. I had that problem last week, I called the doctor, and they said if she hadn't reacted to eating/drinking and laying down, then come in. They did an NST and she was just fine. Definitely call!
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Drink something with a lot of ice!! Usually does the trick for me. If not don't hesitate to go to L and D for an NST.
  • Thanks ladies just came back and LO is fine! THANK GOD!! they put her on monitors for a while she didn't want to corporate for the first 35-45 mins and shortly after she started moving heart rate sped up and they sent me home!! yeah!!!! Thanks for all the advice
  • So, so, so glad to hear that everything is fine. You made the right call going in. For sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • go in. Decreased movement can be a sign of something serious (though she's likely just napping and will kick when you get there...)
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I would definitely call or just go in right away if they don't pick up. I think my doctor said that was a number reason to go in immediately besides being in labor.  

ETA: Saw your update after I posted. Glad to hear your LO is okay!  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"