April 2011 Moms

Friday Fitness Check In

I hope everyone has accomplished more than me. I haven't lost anything in the past 2 weeks but on the positive side, I haven't gained either! I need some motivation.

Re: Friday Fitness Check In

• I am staying away from the scale this week since I ate like a pig at the family reunion... I went to the gym 4 times this week for an hour each time. Next week I am going to visit family in Texas so I will have to force myself to workout while there. My mom has a treadmill so I will need to get on that while I am down there. All in all I would say this has been on OK week.
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I thought I was good to get back to running, but I ran last night and my foot hurts today.  I need to figure out some more low impact cardio that I can do until it's really healed. The elliptical doesn't really do it for me and even that bothers my foot.

Oh, and I've avoided the scale for a couple days and will be for a few more since I'm all bloated and gross feeling with CD1.  My goal is to get to my pre-pg weight of 132 and right now I fluctuate between 136-139. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Went for my usual runs on Monday, Wednesday, and today - walked on Tuesday and Thursday. All are on the same trail by my office so 3 miles each time. I messed up on Wednesday - went to the zoo with my daughter and had some cotton candy (it was awesome)!

Down 1.1 this week, and 35.4 down total since my daughter was born last year. I'm down to what I weighed when I got married - my official goal is 150 (it should be 140) and I'm 157 right now.

Keep up the awesome work ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekestock120:

I thought I was good to get back to running, but I ran last night and my foot hurts today.  I need to figure out some more low impact cardio that I can do until it's really healed. The elliptical doesn't really do it for me and even that bothers my foot.

Oh, and I've avoided the scale for a couple days and will be for a few more since I'm all bloated and gross feeling with CD1.  My goal is to get to my pre-pg weight of 132 and right now I fluctuate between 136-139. 

Can you swim or "run" in the water?  My roommate in college was a xcountry runner and she did all her running in the water when dealing with a stress fracture. I'm a swimmer though which might be why I always go there, haha.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I ran three times this week and have a six mile run planned for tomorrow. Morning sickness slowed me down a bit, but I was glad I got out there. I fit in two strength workouts, too and would like to get back to 3 or 4 in the upcoming weeks. My goal was to lose 5 more lbs, BUT it has switched to eating right, working out and hopefully having another healthy pregnancy. 
  • I walked on Friday, then ran a 5K on Sunday.  I really pushed myself doing that an hurt the muscles in my ankle, so I have only been able to walk since then.  It is feeling better today so I'm planning on running tomorrow.

I have to brag on my DH.  While I was running my 5K on Sunday, he was running his first Marathon!  It took him about 15 minutes longer than he was hoping it would, but even a friend of ours, who was running his 7th marathon and has run two ultra marathons, didn't finish in the time that DH was hoping for.  I am so proud of him!  Plus he has the best little brother ever.  His brother, who is six years younger than he is and a competitive cyclist, met him on the trail and ran the last 8 miles with him, only ducking out so that DH could cross the finish line alone.  His brother hasn't run at all in 8 years, since he had a knee injury.  Little Brother kept DH going and I'm so thankful that he was there for DH.  Poor DH was in so much pain by the end of the race that he was crying as he ran, something he has never done before, even on his longest training runs.  When I saw him, I started crying too.  No DH is planning to run two marathons next year!  Hmmm, if I keep up my running, maybe I run the half marathon.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• imageTwirple:

I walked on Friday, then ran a 5K on Sunday.  I really pushed myself doing that an hurt the muscles in my ankle, so I have only been able to walk since then.  It is feeling better today so I'm planning on running tomorrow.

I have to brag on my DH.  While I was running my 5K on Sunday, he was running his first Marathon!  It took him about 15 minutes longer than he was hoping it would, but even a friend of ours, who was running his 7th marathon and has run two ultra marathons, didn't finish in the time that DH was hoping for.  I am so proud of him!  Plus he has the best little brother ever.  His brother, who is six years younger than he is and a competitive cyclist, met him on the trail and ran the last 8 miles with him, only ducking out so that DH could cross the finish line alone.  His brother hasn't run at all in 8 years, since he had a knee injury.  Little Brother kept DH going and I'm so thankful that he was there for DH.  Poor DH was in so much pain by the end of the race that he was crying as he ran, something he has never done before, even on his longest training runs.  When I saw him, I started crying too.  No DH is planning to run two marathons next year!  Hmmm, if I keep up my running, maybe I run the half marathon.

Yay for your DH!  A marathon is an amazing accomplishment. 

• I ran 11 miles this week.   

(That was out running two regular times and then a 10K I did yesterday). I wish I could have run more. I'm trying to stay in the 20-25 mile a week range, but I was SUPER sore from the 10K I did last Saturday because it had a two mile hill at the end.

The 10K yesterday, I got 1st in age division -- YAY for ladies 30-39! And was only 3 minutes off being first overall female.

I don't have any more races scheduled, so maybe I can get back to running 20-25 miles a week. There is a half marathon in October that I'm thinking of signing up for.

I don't weigh myself often because of previous eating disorder issues, so I just try to run or exercise regularly and eat sensibly! (So, that's why I don't know stats.)

Kudos to you ladies who are staying on top of things!!!!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hello Ladies! I'm late but I'm here. I worked out 3x's last week and not at all over the weekend. LO decided to share her cold with me so I spent the weekend with a fever. I hope since I can't taste anything that it will equal a few pounds gone... LOL
  • imageMsAng02:
    Hello Ladies! I'm late but I'm here. I worked out 3x's last week and not at all over the weekend. LO decided to share her cold with me so I spent the weekend with a fever. I hope since I can't taste anything that it will equal a few pounds gone... LOL

DS decided to share his cold with me over the weekend too.  It's a beautiful, sunny day out and I would love to go for a run, but I feel lousy.  Grrr.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"