Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How to cook dinner w/ a 2 month old

Since it's not safe to use the stove with baby in the sling I have devised a new method.  Step 1- Haul the big comfy stroller in from the garage and park it in the kitchen.  Step 2- Place baby who is never even a little bit sleepy this time of day in stroller.  Step 3- Babble to baby nonstop from across the room and whenever I have a spare minute I take him for a "walk" around the house.  1 loop, stir the pot, 1 loop, stir the pot...    Step 4.  Once he is no longer entertained by the short walks I just turn off the burners and roll him back and forth for a few minutes until he is settled down!  Any other coping techniques for this age?

Re: How to cook dinner w/ a 2 month old

• Hahaha this is so funny!  Last night my hubs was cooking on the grill, so we plopped LO in the car seat and DH carried him in and out of the house every time he moved.  Worked like a charm!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• On occasion, the bouncy seat works long enough for me to get something cooked. Most of the time the crock pot is my best friend b/c I can throw stuff in it during one of LO's morning cat naps.

• Loading the player...
  • My babe sits in her high chair with a toy. Today she actually cried when i took her out of it.
  • Get a wrap carrier or mei tai and do a high-back carry. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagevickivail98:
    Since it's not safe to use the stove with baby in the sling I have devised a new method.  Step 1- Haul the big comfy stroller in from the garage and park it in the kitchen.  Step 2- Place baby who is never even a little bit sleepy this time of day in stroller.  Step 3- Babble to baby nonstop from across the room and whenever I have a spare minute I take him for a "walk" around the house.  1 loop, stir the pot, 1 loop, stir the pot...    Step 4.  Once he is no longer entertained by the short walks I just turn off the burners and roll him back and forth for a few minutes until he is settled down!  Any other coping techniques for this age?

Lolol!

This was great. I have yet to cook and my LO is 8 weeks old.  

• imageunaveragejane:
    On occasion, the bouncy seat works long enough for me to get something cooked.

This. It also doesn't hurt that DD1 likes to dance in front of her or read to her while I cook. LOL I love that you do laps in the stroller though. I may try that, it may help my cardio!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the perfect spot for my LO in the kitchen. I just put him in his bouncy seat and place him in front of the cupboard that has the pots and pans in it. I have a small kitchen so space is at a premium. But with him right there I can still open the oven and the dishwasher. It is perfect! I sing random songs to him, or sing along with the radio, but most often I tell him what I'm doing as I'm cooking supper. Last night we talked about how important it was to take care of family and friends when they are in need as I was making a huge pan of lasagna for DH to take to one of his friends who just lost her husband at 43. We are starting "values" teaching early I guess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"