Pre-School and Daycare

How much pizza for a party?

Headcount: 10 preschoolers (4 year olds) and about 20 adults (15 parents plus 5 family).

How many large pizzas are a good safe amount?

I will also have some snacks (popcorn, veggies, crackers) and then fruits, berries, ice-cream and cake for dessert.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much pizza for a party?

• I usually assume 2 slices per person and round up. My 3 year old will sometimes eat 1/2 a slice and other times eat 2 whole slices. For that many people I'd order 7 pies (I calculated down a little and did 2 slices per adult and 1 slice per child, which is 6 1/4 pies). I might order an 8th just to be sure I had enough since pizza freezes very nicely.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was thinking along the same lines as the above poster. 1.5 slices per pre-schooler (although mine will eat 1/2 to 1 slice) and 2 slices per adult. Round-up as pizza is good as a left over meal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! I didn't even think about freezing pizza - that's a great idea!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had about that many at DD's 4th birthday party. We did four large pizzas and cut the kids pizza into smaller slices and it was the perfect amount...we had two pieces left over.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • imagemrs.tbc:
    We had about that many at DD's 4th birthday party. We did four large pizzas and cut the kids pizza into smaller slices and it was the perfect amount...we had two pieces left over.

I personally would do 6, there are usually 8 slices per pie and 30 people, that would only be one slice per person.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • 7 pizzas

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• The head count for my sons party was 10 kids 14 and 23 adults. We had 1 pie for the kids cut into 16 slices. And 5 pies for the adults. It was all gone by the time the party was over. We prob could have had one more pie, for extra!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • 7 or 8
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just wanted to also say I do not consider one pie cut into 16 pieces to really be 16 pieces, it is 16 halfpieces. I know not all kids will eat a whole slice but you really need to account for one slice per kid and at least two per adult or risk being embarrassed. And if you only have one slice left at the end it likely means no one wanted to take the last one.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"