December 2011 Moms

"I don't want to BF my Daughter bc we're both girls..."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: "I don't want to BF my Daughter bc we're both girls..."

• If this is real, did she preview her post and read it out loud before she made it public?  Surprise People who have those thoughts really should do that...
  • imageavehonduras:
    If this is real, did she preview her post and read it out loud before she made it public?  Surprise People who have those thoughts really should do that...

I really hope it's MUD...I mean people don't really think like this...Do they?

• Loading the player...
  • Trying to wrap my brain around this.  I agree with the responses that she is indeed sexualizing breastfeeding which is a disturbing notion.  I'm guessing that board will metaphorically melt when the flames get hot enough.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I just want to tell her "girls like boobies too"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope it is MUD...If not, all I can say is WOW! Wow!
    Mom To Beautiful Scarlett- Born December 5th, 2011-CatCat33
  • I had someone tell me that unless they had a "hippie / mother earth experience" during childbirth, then they were not going to breastfeed.  I don't even know what that means, but she obviously had a very different view on breastfeeding.

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • i never felt like this and i have a daughter, felt so natural to breastfeed, but with her latch issues (numerous visits with LC's) and trying everything to up my supply it didn't work out in the end, but i did make it to breastfeeding for 6 weeks, so at least i tried.

ack sorry turned into a sort of vent thing.

bottom line is that chick is crazy if she feels like that 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagemtb21:
    imageCountingUp:
    I just want to tell her "girls like boobies too"
    Do it please!!

Done

• i do believe it. actually a lot of my friends exclusively pump because they don't like the idea of breastfeeding. we are a very uptight society. 
  • Someone posted on here a while back that they were glad they quit breastfeeding because her baby "looks like such a little man."

WTF? Why are we sexualizing nursing? It is BSC, in my mind.

•  "honey can you please hold my hand instead of my boob?"
  • imagemtb21:
    imagekwinkle1980:

Someone posted on here a while back that they were glad they quit breastfeeding because her baby "looks like such a little man."

WTF? Why are we sexualizing nursing? It is BSC, in my mind.

I remember that. I'm almost positive it was when our LO's were only 4 months old. I was kind of shocked, but I held my tongue for some reason.

On any other board, there would have been a 5-alarm blaze.

• Our society is so sad. I've gotten quite a few weird comments, most from extended family, regarding my son "getting older" and still breastfeeding that made me extremely uncomfortable and disgusted.Some I'd rather not even repeat up to the worry that he will be disgusted, weirded out and scarred when he's older and realizes he ate from my boob. Whatever.

I also barely NIP (the only time I do is inside a room at the doctor's office or in my car elsewhere, so not sure that even counts) because of the weird comments I've gotten and looks I'm sure I'd get that make it more about the boob than the act of feeding your child. 

To be honest, there are a lot of ignorant people in my family (mostly ILs) and I'm so glad that I have this board and other online resources to get educated on breastfeeding since I was the first one in my entire family to ever do it and have received a lot of criticism for doing so, but I feel strongly it's what's best for me and my kid, and DH wholeheartedly agrees, so it's what we're doing. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"