1st Trimester

Intro & Progesterone levels... anyone else?

Hi ladies!

I'm very happy to be joining you here in the first tri!  And a huge congrats to you ALL on your little seedlings too!

My name is Mandi... "BothMRS" is because DH and I have the same initials... incase you're curious... I always am of other's usernames.  :)

You can see from my sig that we tried to get pregnant for over a year, then found out while DH was great... they even told me he had "Grade A" sperm... (side note: he still refers to himself as "A+" -- so I remind him no one said anything about a plus!  lol)... I was not.  I had a tumor in my uterus (no cancer, thank God) and some other messy stuff going on... so all was fixed in April of this year... and once we started TTC again in June, two months later... BFP happened!  I seriously about fell off the toilet when I looked over and saw "pregnant"!  I just wasn't feeling right, so I went ahead and POAS for like the 80th time... and there it was!  Crazy!

Anyway... all seems to be well... and I def have the symptoms... nausea with some fabulous sickness after eating most meals, sore boobs, heartburn, uncomfortable sleeping, peeing more than usual, yada yada... But i hear these are all good signs to have... so I'm just going to enjoy them.  BUT... I had my betas checked around 20 dpo and they were at 878, and then again around 24 dpo (I stopped tracking my ovulation because I was tired of it... so I'm not sure exactly which day I o'd now... dumb me) and they jumped to 4,772... which is great... But my progesterone decreased from 8.1 to 6.6 in that time... so the nurse called me yesterday with the news (and told me not to lose sleep over this... yeah right!) and put me on 200mg of Prometrium... once a night, vaginally.  I'll be getting my betas checked again on Monday... in hopes that the progesterone rises... and I'm also to stay on the meds until I'm 13 weeks.

So... Please tell me... have any of you experienced this before as well?  My biggest fear is of course a mc!  I guess it's good that they caught this just before I was 5 weeks and got me on the meds to help, right?  TIA for easing my mind :)  And again... Nice to meet you all!

Mandi

Started TTC #1 in March, 2011. Surgery to remove tumor in uterus and ovarian cysts on April 13th, 2012. Started TTC again in June. First BFP on August 12th, 2012! Betas on 8-16-12: 878 Progesterone: 8.1 Betas on 8-20-12: 4,772 Progesterone: 6.6 (Put on Prometrium until 13 weeks) BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: Intro & Progesterone levels... anyone else?

• Hi!

Congrats!  I actually had the exact same thing.  My first levels were all super low.  My beta was 119 and my Progesterone was 9.79.  I have a history of a blighted ovum in December 2011, so as soon as they got those results they called me and told me my perscription was waiting for me.  So I've been on the 200mg prometrium vaginally for the last 2 months.  I get to stop it in 5 days!  The next time I had my blood work, my levels went up from 9.79 to 17.45.  I think you'll be ok!  They caught it early and I bet your levels will be just fine the next go around.  We've had two ultrasounds since then both showing a little one growing as "he" should.  Everything so far seems to be going well.

I won't tell you not to stress, because I know personally it's easier said than done.  That being said, try to remember your excitment more than your worry Wink!!

Good Luck to you!

Maggie

BFP ~ 10/27/2011 Blighted Ovum D&C 12/16/2011 BFP ~ 06/26/2012 MMC found 09/02/2012 D&C 09/03/2012. Genetic testing starts 10/15/2012 - Everything is OK with my husband and me!!! :)
  • imageMaggie0885:

Hi!

Congrats!  I actually had the exact same thing.  My first levels were all super low.  My beta was 119 and my Progesterone was 9.79.  I have a history of a blighted ovum in December 2011, so as soon as they got those results they called me and told me my perscription was waiting for me.  So I've been on the 200mg prometrium vaginally for the last 2 months.  I get to stop it in 5 days!  The next time I had my blood work, my levels went up from 9.79 to 17.45.  I think you'll be ok!  They caught it early and I bet your levels will be just fine the next go around.  We've had two ultrasounds since then both showing a little one growing as "he" should.  Everything so far seems to be going well.

I won't tell you not to stress, because I know personally it's easier said than done.  That being said, try to remember your excitment more than your worry Wink!!

Good Luck to you!

Maggie

Oh Maggie... thank you SO much for this!!!  Truly... I appreciate it!!!  And congrats on your little "guy" too... :)  It's very nice to meet you!!!  And good luck to you as well!  I'm hoping my #'s rise quite a bit when I go again on Monday.  And I'm praying for a positive u/s when I finally go on Sept. 6th.  :)

Started TTC #1 in March, 2011. Surgery to remove tumor in uterus and ovarian cysts on April 13th, 2012. Started TTC again in June. First BFP on August 12th, 2012! Betas on 8-16-12: 878 Progesterone: 8.1 Betas on 8-20-12: 4,772 Progesterone: 6.6 (Put on Prometrium until 13 weeks) BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Try to stay calm.  I had low progesterone with my last pregnancy and with this one as well.  It's a good thing they found out your levels are low so they can bump them back up and keep that little baby happy and sticking in place!  :)  I lol about your husband and his Grade A sperm.  I have never seen anyone as proud of his sperm as my DH.  hahaha  He is always bragging about "his boys".
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMySallyGirl:
    Try to stay calm.  I had low progesterone with my last pregnancy and with this one as well.  It's a good thing they found out your levels are low so they can bump them back up and keep that little baby happy and sticking in place!  :)  I lol about your husband and his Grade A sperm.  I have never seen anyone as proud of his sperm as my DH.  hahaha  He is always bragging about "his boys".

Thank you!!!  :)

Can I ask how low your levels were/are?  Are you also on meds, or no? 

And yeah... he even starts singing the Health Plus commercial jingle sometimes when the subject comes up... "Gotta have that plus..." hahahaha... Ok, I realize if you have no idea what commercial I'm talking about, this really isn't that funny.  lol

• My progesterone was 9.4 at 6 weeks.... I was put on prometrium immediately and 12 hours after starting the supplements my progesterone jumped to 27.

Think good thoughts : )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBothMRS:
    imageMaggie0885:

Hi!

Good Luck to you!

Maggie

Oh Maggie... thank you SO much for this!!!  Truly... I appreciate it!!!  And congrats on your little "guy" too... :)  It's very nice to meet you!!!  And good luck to you as well!  I'm hoping my #'s rise quite a bit when I go again on Monday.  And I'm praying for a positive u/s when I finally go on Sept. 6th.  :)

Hey, no worries!!  Glad I could offer a little experience!  My numbers increased that much within a week.  So hopefully you'll see a good rise.  I have my NT scan two days before your scan!  I look forward to hearing your update!!!

BFP ~ 10/27/2011 Blighted Ovum D&C 12/16/2011 BFP ~ 06/26/2012 MMC found 09/02/2012 D&C 09/03/2012. Genetic testing starts 10/15/2012 - Everything is OK with my husband and me!!! :)
  • This same thing happened to me early on in the pregnancy.  When I first had my levels drawn at 5w6d my progesterone was 19.  My hcg, however, was lower than most women at almost 6 weeks so I went back the following week to have bloodwork done again.  At that visit my hcg had doubled, which was good, BUT my progesterone had dropped to 9.

The nurse I talked to was slightly rude and basicall told me I would probably miscarry.  She thought it would make me feel better by telling me a lot of women miscarry so I shouldn't be too upset.....anyways, they put me on Prometrium orally.

I was disgruntled after that and found a new OB office, but they couldn't get me in for a few weeks so by the time I had my next appointment I was 10 weeks.  At that time I had all my prenatal bloodwork draw, which included an hcg level.  When I asked my doctor about my progesterone, she said I could stop the supplements becaue my ultrasound looked good, and that PROGESTERONE LEVELS FLUCTUATE EARLY IN PREGNANCY AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO LOOK FOR IS THE RISING HCG LEVELS AND NOT TO GET CAUGHT UP IN THE EXACT NUMBERS.

So, I know its hard (I'm a first time mom and I worry every day), but try to relax!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on your little one! I had low progesterone levels with my son. I can't remember what they were honestly, but I took a pill once a day the whole first trimester. He was born perfetly healthy at 38 weeks! I hope everything goes smoothly! Thoughts and prayers :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you all sooo much! And congrats to you fabulous ladies too!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"